Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Could the Jacks find an extra 10,000 fans ?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 pm

you can refer to gypos in the literal sense, or in the "slang" sense ie the poor, unwashed, inbred, gap tooth, people on benefits, low skilled work, penchant for diesel etc etc, all of which swansea beats the competition hands down.[/quote
]

I see what you're trying to say even though what you're saying is obviously a load of old cack. Would you not agree however that to use those particular words : gypo and pikey, whether used in the literal sense or not invites ridicule? Every time i read those words used as an insult to the good folk of Swansea i simply have to quote and add the link to that wonderfull welsh assembly report which, whether you like it or not states unequivocally, that Cardiff is "swimming" with gypsies. Relatively speaking of course.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm

magicdaps wrote:
you can refer to gypos in the literal sense, or in the "slang" sense ie the poor, unwashed, inbred, gap tooth, people on benefits, low skilled work, penchant for diesel etc etc, all of which swansea beats the competition hands down.[/quote
]

I see what you're trying to say even though what you're saying is obviously a load of old cack. Would you not agree however that to use those particular words : gypo and pikey, whether used in the literal sense or not invites ridicule? Every time i read those words used as an insult to the good folk of Swansea i simply have to quote and add the link to that wonderfull welsh assembly report which, whether you like it or not states unequivocally, that Cardiff is "swimming" with gypsies. Relatively speaking of course.

Relatively speaking Cardiff is more affluent than Swansea. Most urban areas have a traveller community. It's just that in Swansea its difficult to ascertain where the gypsy camps start and finish, do you comprehend?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
]

Relatively speaking Cardiff is more affluent than Swansea. Most urban areas have a traveller community. It's just that in Swansea its difficult to ascertain where the gypsy camps start and finish, do you comprehend?

Not really no. So we're back to calling Swansea a gypsy camp are we? I thought you'd accepted that there were next to no actual gypsies living in Swansea. You lost that argument so you've moved on to having a pop at the buildings and houses of Swansea? Lets get something straight here.. Swansea was, and to some extent still is, an industrial city. No one has ever claimed that we're the Welsh equivalent of Florence or Venice. Untill recently Cardiff was exactly the same.. an industrial city. That was until the massive injection of cash from the Welsh assembley government was spent giving Cardiff bay and surrounding areas a much needed face lift. After all you were a bit of an embarrassment representing Wales as a capital city. But please don't fool yourselves into thinking that outside of the bay area you are any better than Swansea. You're not. Like Swansea, you're still a working class Welsh city, whether you like it or not. (With a lot more pikeys :lol: )

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:43 pm

jeesus someone throw him a bone :geek:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 pm

ps cardiff bay is flat riddled eyesore, a bit like swansea version

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:07 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:ps cardiff bay is flat riddled eyesore, a bit like swansea version

Eyesore? The award winning Swansea marina sits at one end of the bay, and the quaint, rustic fishing village of mumbles with it's boutiques and fine dining restaurants sits at the the other. All with mile upon mile of fine golden sand in between. Unlike Cardiff's equivalent, which is one big muddy estuary with some ugly government buildings on the side. :P

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes my English is not the best,how ever I enjoy you picking me up on that rather then other points I made(scumdiff a none existent capital out side of wales.And coming to your bay, well thers no real comparison to ours realy is ther.One is a concrete haven,with mud flaps,the other is a top well known golden bay,with stuning views plus one of the top city scape marinas in the uk if not Europe (and that's official )if we had a assembly that spent even through out wales then swansea whould be by far the better city.we are a national costal cityscape.plus now a premier city.all good. :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Yes my English is not the best,how ever I enjoy you picking me up on that rather then other points I made(scumdiff a none existent capital out side of wales.And coming to your bay, well thers no real comparison to ours realy is ther.One is a concrete haven,with mud flaps,the other is a top well known golden bay,with stuning views plus one of the top city scape marinas in the uk if not Europe (and that's official )if we had a assembly that spent even through out wales then swansea whould be by far the better city.we are a national costal cityscape.plus now a premier city.all good. :lol:

I Quite agree with you Swansealad69 you do have a nice Morris Marina 1.6. That is what your post was saying !! wasn't it ? :oops: :oops:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Tut tut tut.still trying to humor me by mocking my english.The point you are doing so only makes you look more the petty fool you seam to be.I take it you agree with what I said as you could only coment on my education.Luck for me I ru my own building firm and have some one to do my mailing. ;)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:55 pm

i think the reason we started to call the jacks gypos was because of the film twin town. i cant remember us calling then pikeys till that film came out and around that time we went over on the first bubble trip, there ws that pikey site near the ferry bridge which caused a lot of chuckles on the bus and on the west terrace we were chanting gypos til you die

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Tut tut tut.still trying to humor me by mocking my english.The point you are doing so only makes you look more the petty fool you seam to be.I take it you agree with what I said as you could only coment on my education.Luck for me I ru my own building firm and have some one to do my mailing. ;)

What you were saying i gather is "You would rather see Tony Petty back at your Club" And "mocking you over your lack of an Education" Sorry if i didn't read your post right