Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it worth putting in a cheeky 1m bid for Bellers?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

If Man City manage to get rid of most of their dead wood, and Bellers turns down Celtic and plays havoc with his contract might be worth a go! I've got to be fair, after a season with Bellamy here I can't imagine him not back next season. Refreshing to see someone who plays for the badge rather than his bank balance.

On the other hand would you prefer to save the money and bring in another good championship player, then sign him on a free in a year? Considering this year expectations are the lowest for a while when we're expected to consolidate rather than challenge.

Just a thought!

Re: Is it worth putting in a cheeky 1m bid for Bellers?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

BlueChet wrote:If Man City manage to get rid of most of their dead wood, and Bellers turns down Celtic and plays havoc with his contract might be worth a go! I've got to be fair, after a season with Bellamy here I can't imagine him not back next season. Refreshing to see someone who plays for the badge rather than his bank balance.

On the other hand would you prefer to save the money and bring in another good championship player, then sign him on a free in a year? Considering this year expectations are the lowest for a while when we're expected to consolidate rather than challenge.

Just a thought!

thats what i said earlier on this week. what can they say?
i believe bellamy would take a massive wage cut to sign for us. i believe if we offered him chopras old wages he would take that! got to give it a try :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 pm

if bellas plays hard ball , there is no need to offer them anything ffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Defo worth a shot, we all know it 's not wages that's the problem it's sorting something out with man city, either a transfer bid or bellers getting out of his contract somehow...think we can all forget about getting him on loan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:02 pm

If bellers is here next season,we're definately going for promotion!No way would the owners want to shell 30k a week to ease malky in!got agood feeling this season lads we're gonna replace the jacks in the premiership 2012/2013 :ayatollah: