Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAD NEWS ABERDARE BOYS WILL KNOW THIS LAD

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Just took a real bad phone call and it's shaken me to the core, Simon Needs has just lost his wife in a car accident, Simon is a Cwmaman boy and a Bluebird from the time he could walk. He has lived in Swindon for quite a few years now but still goes to every home game and lot's of away game.

He actually lives in Wooton Bassett and I believe he's head of the maths department in a Swindon comprehensive, his wife must be around 40 and Simon understandably is in bits. This really is shocking news and lot's of lads in Aberdare will be upset for Simon and his family, he's a great lad and it is all so sad, lesson for all of us, treasure what you have and remember how precious life is, keep those close to you aware of how you feel about them and if you do fall out, fall back in as soon as you can, sometimes there are no second chances. :(

Re: SAD NEWS ABERDARE BOYS WILL KNOW THIS LAD

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:36 pm

So sad to hear Gwyn. :(

My thoughts are with him.

Some wise words from you there as well.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:36 pm

your spot on there life never ceases to amaze with the cards it sometimes deals.thoughts and prayers are with simon and all others affected by this tragic news.hope strength is found to get through these tough times

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Very sad news, may she rest in peace...my heartfelt condolences are with Simon and his family.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Just had a phone call informing me about this terrible news , I am shocked and saddened, Simon is a genuinely nice person and a pleasure to be in the company of, and a great teacher and father and I really feel saddened by this awful news.. Simon regularly meets up with us at the Ivor pre-match and has never lost touch with the boys from Aberdare/ Cwmaman.All Gwyns words are so poignant and sadly so true. I am truly choked by this,

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

my condolences to the family from a cardiff fan

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm

my thoughts with simion and with his wife's friends and family

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 pm

a very sad loss my condolences to simon and the family

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Sad news, my thoughts go out to Simon and his family.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 am

very sad news my thoughts are with simon and his family

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 am

My thoughts are with you and your family Simon , such a sad loss

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 am

Sad and terrible news ..... certainly puts things into perspective .

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 am

Obviously give him our best, I was in schoool with him for years, poor b*stard

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 am

Sad news , thoughts to the family

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:43 am

makes you realise every minute is precious.

thoughts go to the family :ayatollah:

gwyn was with an old friend of yours on the weekend, think he said his name was bussy. x rams lad now suffering from a ban

will tag you in a photo on FB later

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am

Not sure if it's the same guy but I used to work with a young lad of 18-19 up in Honda, Swindon who after finding out I was a Cardiff fan used to go on about his ex teacher in a Swindon Comp who used to organise a trip down to watch Cardiff with a minibus full of Swindon, Liverpool, Man Utd fans from the school trying to convert them into City fans. My workmate used to say that he was the most popular teacher in the school and how even though none of them liked Cardiff they used to love the trips down to watch us. Never met the guy but my heartfelt condolences go out to him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:01 am

Being from Aberdare I know the name but can't quite picture him, very tragic news my condolences go out to Simon and the family.

RIP To his Wife

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes I have run school trips from my school to see City.This is a difficult time and it is great to have such support from my friends and fellow supporters. My wife always put up with my football trips, she knew how much it meant to me. I even took her last year for one game, she loved the drinking before the game and during the game, but not the match which we won 3-1 ha ha, we had a great day with the Aberdare boys.
Thanks once again...PS, Gwyn hope your OK after your fall you always make me laugh, Woodwork (D/T not Maths though ;)

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Thought's go to the family :ayatollah: RIP.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Sorry to hear such sad news - thoughts are with him and his family from Bluebirds everywhere

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:33 pm

sorry to hear sutch bad news . our thoughts r with u at this sad time . :old: