Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Ledley urges Bellamy to go to Celtic " ;)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:58 pm

what a tw*t huh

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 pm

fed up of people slating ledley...he moved on cos he got shit on and we,d all have done the same given the circumstances...ive met and spoke to jo and he still loves the city ....if hes asked by some paper about it of course hes gonna say those things.....ledders get slated and some players here have done a lot worse for the club....mainly some from last season......ill never knock a homegrown player !!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Ledley move on ...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

whats the problem? he's a celtic player

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Rat Boy!! For gods sake, Joe Ledley made 226 appearances for City scoring 26 goals, one of those being the goal that got us into an FA cup final.

He says absolutely nothing wrong in that piece as far as I'm concerned.

With fans like us, who needs enemies.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm

harold pinta wrote:Rat Boy!! For gods sake, Joe Ledley made 226 appearances for City scoring 26 goals, one of those being the goal that got us into an FA cup final.

He says absolutely nothing wrong in that piece as far as I'm concerned.

With fans like us, who needs enemies.

exactly....not only that one but he scored in the play off final and the best of the lot for me when he scored against the jacks at the liberty a few years back ,ran over to there fans doin the ayatollah and then tunred round pointed his fingers to his name on his back...CITY BOY END OF.....as for rat boy ...shocking thats what the scum donwn the road call him.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Super Joe.

He could hardly say, 'I hope Bellamy goes to Cardiff' and then Celtic sign him!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:45 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Joe Ledley urges Craig Bellamy to rejoin Celtic

Page last updated at 11:22 GMT, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 12:22 UK

Former Cardiff City star Joe Ledley has urged Wales team-mate Craig Bellamy to join him at Celtic.

Bellamy, who spent four months on loan with the Old Firm giants in 2005, is back at Manchester City after spending last season at Cardiff.

But with the 31-year-old's career at Eastlands in doubt, Celtic are amongst a host of clubs being linked with the Welshman.

"I think he would like to come back," said Ledley.

Midfielder Ledley, who joined Celtic in July 2010 scoring six goals for the Hoops last season, has spoken to Bellamy about a return to Parkhead.

"I asked the question about Celtic, of course I did," added the 24-year-old.

"He loved his time here and if a deal can be done hopefully he can come back.

"It would be nice to have him here again, but we also have great players here already."

Continue reading the main story
"On his day he [Bellamy] can be one of the greatest."
Joe Ledley
Celtic and Wales midfielder
Ledley, who is currently on tour with Celtic in Australia, thinks Bellamy would be welcomed back to the Scottish club.

And if Bellamy was to return he would line-up with former Cardiff City player Adam Matthews, who signed a four-year deal with Celtic in June.

"Craig has been here before and he enjoyed his time here," added Ledley.

"On his day he can be one of the greatest."

Bellamy, who has scored 23 goals in 22 appearances for Wales, captained Cardiff City last season while on loan at his hometown club and Ledley thinks he still has plenty to offer.

"I remember the derby game a couple of years ago away to Manchester United where he was totally fantastic for City," said Ledley.

"I spoke to him at the end of the season and he has some big decisions to make."

Simon, I understand you only copied the story into your post, but not a wise decision for a title mate! :lol: Ledley gave his all to us for the time he was here - and if it wasn't for that tw*t Peter Ridsdale - we might have kept him and be in the premier league already. Lets not slag off our ex-players especially the ones that have done our club proud in the past.... :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:59 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Hmmm maybe the title was a bit harsh although I can never fully forgive a player who leaves Cardiff to play in Scotland for Rangers or Celtic as it is purely money driven; be they Cardiff boys or not.

Feel free to edit the title Greeny mate. :ayatollah:

:lol:

Simon, Football is money, only on very rare occasions now, are moves totally orrientated around loyalty - A sport of mercanaries - But as long as these players put in 100% EFFORT whilst they are at their clubs, then they will get my support.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:11 pm

wE keep on hearing how patriotic Ledley is and how much Wales and Cardiff mean to him Im afraid his actions prove different and like an earlier poster said he was sick of people picking on ledley im sick of people saying how patriotic he is to Cardif and Wales

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Lol, anyone spot towards the end of the post................."Bellamy who scored 23 goals in 22 games for Wales" I dont think thats very accurate!!!! :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 pm

what a cock ledley is

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Joe Ledley urges Craig Bellamy to rejoin Celtic

Page last updated at 11:22 GMT, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 12:22 UK

Former Cardiff City star Joe Ledley has urged Wales team-mate Craig Bellamy to join him at Celtic.

Bellamy, who spent four months on loan with the Old Firm giants in 2005, is back at Manchester City after spending last season at Cardiff.

But with the 31-year-old's career at Eastlands in doubt, Celtic are amongst a host of clubs being linked with the Welshman.

"I think he would like to come back," said Ledley.

Midfielder Ledley, who joined Celtic in July 2010 scoring six goals for the Hoops last season, has spoken to Bellamy about a return to Parkhead.

"I asked the question about Celtic, of course I did," added the 24-year-old.

"He loved his time here and if a deal can be done hopefully he can come back.

"It would be nice to have him here again, but we also have great players here already."

Continue reading the main story
"On his day he [Bellamy] can be one of the greatest."
Joe Ledley
Celtic and Wales midfielder
Ledley, who is currently on tour with Celtic in Australia, thinks Bellamy would be welcomed back to the Scottish club.

And if Bellamy was to return he would line-up with former Cardiff City player Adam Matthews, who signed a four-year deal with Celtic in June.

"Craig has been here before and he enjoyed his time here," added Ledley.

"On his day he can be one of the greatest."

Bellamy, who has scored 23 goals in 22 appearances for Wales, captained Cardiff City last season while on loan at his hometown club and Ledley thinks he still has plenty to offer.

"I remember the derby game a couple of years ago away to Manchester United where he was totally fantastic for City," said Ledley.

"I spoke to him at the end of the season and he has some big decisions to make."

:x :x :x :x :x ,,is ledley on commision,,don,t he earn enough stop nicking our players on loan out contract feck off celtic :old:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Not accurate at all ! :roll:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:21 pm

At no point in that article did he "urge Bellamy to go to Celtic". He just gave the usual interview any other player would have in the same circumstances.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:23 pm

d20 wrote:fed up of people slating ledley...he moved on cos he got shit on and we,d all have done the same given the circumstances...ive met and spoke to jo and he still loves the city ....if hes asked by some paper about it of course hes gonna say those things.....ledders get slated and some players here have done a lot worse for the club....mainly some from last season......ill never knock a homegrown player !!

Agree with you on this, a lot of it is do with Ledley snubbing Stoke which resulted in loss of compensation, but at the end of the day its up to him where he goes.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Joe Ledley owes Cardiff City nothing. He payed back the money he earned in spades as far as I'm concerned.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm

i cant stand ledley. i dont care what people say he done nothing for this club. he could of signed a new contract and stayed and probs become a legend at the club. but no he want to follow his dream to join in the premiership.
ooo 1 problem he didnt stick to his dream instead went north to play shit football week in week out. and then tries getting every player cardiff got/had whos half decent to join him up their!
and people say we should bow down when we see him. id personally tell him where to go!
NOT WELCOME IN CARDIFF, YOU MADE YOU BED NOW STAY INIT!
:evil:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i cant stand ledley. i dont care what people say he done nothing for this club. he could of signed a new contract and stayed and probs become a legend at the club. but no he want to follow his dream to join in the premiership.
ooo 1 problem he didnt stick to his dream instead went north to play shit football week in week out. and then tries getting every player cardiff got/had whos half decent to join him up their!
and people say we should bow down when we see him. id personally tell him where to go!

I don't know you, but I would wager that Joe Ledley has done more for Cardiff City than you will do in your entire life.

As for the not welcome in Cardiff quote, speak for yourself, I and many other City fans would buy him a pint anytime.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm

harold pinta wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:i cant stand ledley. i dont care what people say he done nothing for this club. he could of signed a new contract and stayed and probs become a legend at the club. but no he want to follow his dream to join in the premiership.

I don't know you, but I would wager that Joe Ledley has done more for Cardiff City than you will do in your entire life.

As for the not welcome in Cardiff quote, speak for yourself, I and many other City fans would buy him a pint anytime.

im only 20 years of age and had over 11 season tickets and i travel away. one thing i have never done is tried getting cardiff players to join over teams FACT. ive done everything i can as a fan, just like many others. and what winds me up is the fact he could of become a legend at are club. in my eyes (AND MANY OTHERS I SPEAK TOO) dont care what happens to him as he didnt show anything to the club when he left and still doesnt these days.
but i do respect you opinion. and i do understand where you are coming from. i am only speaking my mind and many others i speak too.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:32 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

im only 20 years of age and had over 11 season tickets and i travel away. one thing i have never done is tried getting cardiff players to join over teams FACT. ive done everything i can as a fan, just like many others. and what winds me up is the fact he could of become a legend at are club. in my eyes (AND MANY OTHERS I SPEAK TOO) dont care what happens to him as he didnt show anything to the club when he left and still doesnt these days.
but i do respect you opinion. and i do understand where you are coming from. i am only speaking my mind and many others i speak too.

Do your seriously think Joe Ledley is trying to get our players to go to Celtic??? I think Celtics management would be the people responsible for that. You don't realy think Adam Matthews went to Celtic because Joe made him???

The lad is in his 20s too, he made 226 appearances and scored 26 goals, does that count for nothing because he decided to move on with his career.
Do you hold the same contempt for every former City player who decided to move on or just Joe?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 pm

i think you have totally missed my point. when an ex city player comes out and says come and join me up north really gets under my skin. yes like i said in my eyes could of become a legend. but i wouldnt say it was anything about taken a bigger step in his career as hes gone to a really poor league. if he was to sign for a prem team dont get me wrong i wouldnt blame to lad.and when i come to think of it maybe yea it is just joe because of the fact i really expected him to stay with his childhood club ad become something big. thats something i would personally want to do. he was offered a good wage to stay here but wasnt interested. maybe it was his agent more than himself? who knows but i feel let down by him.
but as i said i do understand peoples opinions :ayatollah: .

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i think you have totally missed my point. when an ex city player comes out and says come and join me up north really gets under my skin. yes like i said in my eyes could of become a legend. but i wouldnt say it was anything about taken a bigger step in his career as hes gone to a really poor league. if he was to sign for a prem team dont get me wrong i wouldnt blame to lad.and when i come to think of it maybe yea it is just joe because of the fact i really expected him to stay with his childhood club ad become something big. thats something i would personally want to do. he was offered a good wage to stay here but wasnt interested. maybe it was his agent more than himself? who knows but i feel let down by him.

But at no point in the article does he say "come and join me". He actually says "It would be nice to have him here again, but we also have great players here already."
Also there is no evidence that I've seen that he has been trying to get other City players to join him, why would he?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i think you have totally missed my point. when an ex city player comes out and says come and join me up north really gets under my skin. yes like i said in my eyes could of become a legend. but i wouldnt say it was anything about taken a bigger step in his career as hes gone to a really poor league. if he was to sign for a prem team dont get me wrong i wouldnt blame to lad.and when i come to think of it maybe yea it is just joe because of the fact i really expected him to stay with his childhood club ad become something big. thats something i would personally want to do. he was offered a good wage to stay here but wasnt interested. maybe it was his agent more than himself? who knows but i feel let down by him.

I think you need to ask MrRidsdale - what went on with him and Ledders! You obviously know nothing about the contract Bullshit that Ridsdale "Didn't offer" Ledley - which he claims he did, Ledley served his contract with CCFC and when it ran out, he looked for another Job, fortunately finding one that paid 3 times as much as that fat white haired geriatric money scam machine offered....withdrew....offered......withdrew! :lol:

Ledley was never offered a fair contract renewal, he knew it, his agent knew it - Ridsdale knew it - and the fans didnt have a effin clue what was going on! ;) [I think it would be fair to say that the Ridsdale/Jones era is one we all went to forget about as quickly as possible!]

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:44 pm

f**k off ledley you tw*t.

always liked him as a player and a person (and i do know him as a person) but now he's acting like a judas,

they nick all our players then our own players try to persuade our players to go to celtic

he should stay out of it, not his business

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:f**k off ledley you tw*t.

always liked him as a player and a person (and i do know him as a person) but now he's acting like a judas,

they nick all our players then our own players try to persuade our players to go to celtic

he should stay out of it, not his business

God give me strength! Have you actually even read it all?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 pm

dont blame ledley at all... the riddler fucked it up keeping him here and what should he say when asked by a journalist: "Joe, do you prefer Bellamy to join Celtic or stay at Cardiff?"
as a Celtic player, he's got to say he wants bellers with him at celtic...

imagine McNaughton being asked if he would prefer Goodwillie to join Rangers or come to Cardiff... guess what he would say...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 pm

ledley has urged other players to leave us and join him. i think he should shut his f*cking gob and keep his nose/snout out of it

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Ledley is as city through and through 100& as Earnie and Bellamy is. I will never knock a true real bluebird, it's a simple Blue rule. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: