Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CELTIC BID TO BRING BACK STRIKER CRAIG BELLAMY "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Craig Bellamy is keen on a return to Celtic, but a deal is still a long way off with the 31-year-old striker.

Neil Lennon would like to bring the Welsh international back to Glasgow six years after he left.

The striker is currently with Manchester City and is understood to be on about £90,000 per week.

Celtic would not be in a position to match his wages but are willing to negotiate to secure a deal satisfactory to both parties.

Bellamy would be a welcome signing for the Glasgow club's support, having scored seven goals in 12 appearances during his loan spell in 2005.

The former Celtic midfielder Morten Weighorst, in Glasgow to promote Scotland's friendly against Denmark in August, insisted that a return to the Scottish Premier League would be good for Celtic and Bellamy.

"He's a fantastic player and he did very well at Celtic last time he was on loan," said Weighorst.

"He would be a very valuable player for Celtic.

"They do have a bit of money to spend. That would be a good move I think."

Re: CELTIC BID TO BRING BACK STRIKER CRAIG BELLAMY

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:05 pm

It doesn't bother me if we don't get him.

There is no point signing a 'marquee player' when we are lacking in numbers. I'd rather the money to be used in areas where we actually need recruiting first i.e 4 midfielders and 3 strikers. If we have got the money after getting in what we need, go for it, but in the mean time, we shouldn't really entertain the thought of getting Bellamy back.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Feck off Celtic :twisted: :evil:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:04 pm

They have Loovens, Ledley,Matthews and its looking like Bells as well.

Re: " CELTIC BID TO BRING BACK STRIKER CRAIG BELLAMY "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:07 pm

I don't think so, next couple of days are crucial!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm

dont think we should chase it up we could spend the money on a few decent players its a blow but we have to move quick the season is nearly on us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Cheers Carl,very interesting.
I think that whichever way way we look at this situation,there are positives in it for our club.
This is turning out to be a good close season.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:20 pm

id love craig to play for cardiff but as most on here realise without him we can focus on other areas of our team and not worry about when craig needs to be rested.i think we were extremely lucky to have him last season and for him to play so many games and his general attitude was fantastic.

i honestly wish craig all the best for the future

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:32 pm

The former Celtic midfielder Morten Weighorst, in Glasgow to promote Scotland's friendly against Denmark in August, insisted that a return to the Scottish Premier League would be good for Celtic and Bellamy.

How exactly would a move to Celtic be good for Bellamy?

Just sit tight Bellars, they have to sell you or they have to pay you to sit around, they aren't stupid, I'm sure they will cut their losses and he'll be back at City soon.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They have Loovens, Ledley,Matthews and its looking like Bells as well.

ledley sure did'nt help matters. end of he did'nt really care about city. i know you can say he played over 400 games or what ever. all he has done is tried his best to get are best players up north with him.
cannot stand the guy anymore!