Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

204,656,719 new ordinary shares to be allotted by.......

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:04 am

club directors - 56,338,056 of those shares to be issued to some creditors which will leave 148,318,663 shares @15.69P to be allotted to a future investor which in money terms is £23,271,198.00. Could these be set aside for Sam??? What's your views everyone? I will be particularly interested to hear the thoughts of Annis and Carl who both have the ear of Sam (Langstone) :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: oh and by the way this will leave the Malaysians with a shareholding of 49% - nearly there ;)

Re: 204,656,719 new ordinary shares to be allotted by.......

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:19 am

ihatealiens wrote:club directors - 56,338,056 of those shares to be issued to some creditors which will leave 148,318,663 shares @15.69P to be allotted to a future investor which in money terms is £23,271,198.00. Could these be set aside for Sam??? What's your views everyone? I will be particularly interested to hear the thoughts of Annis and Carl who both have the ear of Sam (Langstone) :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: oh and by the way this will leave the Malaysians with a shareholding of 49% - nearly there ;)

I doubt the Malaysians will offer Sam the full £23m worth of CCFC shares although part of that equity could be used as a pay off to Langston.

Personally I have always believed the most valuable asset Langston have is the naming rights. The 'Cosway Stadium' or 'Berjaya Bowl' would be worth a fortune to VT in terms of exposure and status in Malaysia and the far east. If I were Langston I would ask for £9m cash for the naming rights and get shares in return for the loan notes.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

Makes sense that Tony and Im sure Sam be happy once and for all , which of the Malaysians will have the 49% share though ?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:37 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Makes sense that Tony and Im sure Sam be happy once and for all , which of the Malaysians will have the 49% share though ?

Good question Martyn hadn't thought of that. Is it collectively 49% or is that just VT's share?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 pm

my understanding of the naming rights is that Langston will get up to £9m depending on what the clubs sells the naming rights for.

What if Cosway buy the rights for £1m, then that is all Langston would actually get, and not £9m.

have I misunderstood that particular point? Perhaps since62, Lawnmower or Steve Davies could explain further.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 pm

my understanding of the naming rights is that Langston will get up to £9m depending on what the clubs sells the naming rights for.

What if Cosway buy the rights for £1m, then that is all Langston would actually get, and not £9m.

Surely there must be a clause that either requires Langston to approve the naming rights value or somehow forces the club to demonstrate that it has achieved a true market value.

Otherwise 10 of us could chip in 50p each, pay the club £5 and call it the "Carl's Updates Are Great Stadium".

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm

ihatealiens wrote:club directors - 56,338,056 of those shares to be issued to some creditors which will leave 148,318,663 shares @15.69P to be allotted to a future investor which in money terms is £23,271,198.00. Could these be set aside for Sam??? What's your views everyone? I will be particularly interested to hear the thoughts of Annis and Carl who both have the ear of Sam (Langstone) :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: oh and by the way this will leave the Malaysians with a shareholding of 49% - nearly there ;)

I am staying quite on the whole situation, There are Big surprises in store.

I would rather concentrate on following My team and talk about on the pitch for Now ;) Malky's BLUE and WHITE ARMY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I would rather concentrate on following My team and talk about on the pitch for Now ;) Malky's BLUE and WHITE ARMY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ahhhhhh I hear ya - ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

ahhhhhh I hear ya - ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)
:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Feedback wrote:my understanding of the naming rights is that Langston will get up to £9m depending on what the clubs sells the naming rights for.

have I misunderstood that particular point? Perhaps since62, Lawnmower or Steve Davies could explain further.

Don't know the legals mate, but I would say I can't see anyone paying anything substantial for it in the current climate. certainly not £9m.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm

One thing is for sure. Those shares will have been allotted for a reason. I'd be amazed if it was for a debt/equity swap with Sam/Langston, my bet would be that they are lined up for the Malaysians to take full control, but who knows. I've been wrong before - many times :lol:

Perhaps a split between the 2, so that VT can keep control ? Some to Sam some to VTs gang, but again surely Sam would want a seat on the board for that -and alongside Hall, Guy, Isaacs, Borley and Whiteley.. Jesus that would lead to some interesting meetings :lol:

Either way its a lot of money -enough to put our problems permenantly to bed.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Given the club statement re Langston previously, I'd be amazed if they were for Langston.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:12 pm

nerd wrote:Given the club statement re Langston previously, I'd be amazed if they were for Langston.

Me too, but it could be posturing ?

I'll never write anything off as far as the CCFC soap opera is concerned.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:14 pm

nerd wrote:Given the club statement re Langston previously, I'd be amazed if they were for Langston.

Consider that maybe the board offerred him a certain value of shares against his debt, but SH turned them down wanting cash or board power ??

Worth allotting sufficient to cover the offer whilst they put pressure on him (through the forensics etc..) to accept it.

Just a thought. :lol: