Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Back 4 starting to look solid

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 pm

McNaughton Keinan Gerrard Taylor

Get a top class keeper in behind them and that's a good place to build from :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Back 4 starting to look solid

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:07 pm

ihatealiens wrote:McNaughton Keinan Gerrard Taylor

Get a top class keeper in behind them and that's a good place to build from :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't really rate heaton or marshall then?, I think we're fine with heaton between the sticks :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Defo feeling good about our back 4 this season. Hudson, Quinn, Gypes and Blake are good subs to draw from!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Hudson was playing really well last season until injury took it's toll, he would be in my starting line up.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 pm

I wouldn't mind having just 3 central defenders in the back, with Hudson, Gerrard and Keinan at the back, with Blake and Super Kev pushing up into midfield for support. Could try it out in pre-season friendly's, never know might work out well, need to start trying different concepts. I always felt we lost the midfield battle last season.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Hudson simply has to be in the side, especially after last season ! He is the organiser at the back so we need him !

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Hudson simply has to be in the side, especially after last season ! He is the organiser at the back so we need him !

Totally Agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Hudson simply has to be in the side, especially after last season!

Hudson fell away last season, after a very good start and was poor the season before, especially in the Play Off Final!

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:He is the organiser at the back so we need him !

The problem is, he does all the organising then and none of the donkey work, like when he got Darcy (5' 10") to pick up Steve Howard (6' 3"), so that he could drop off and play as a sweeper!

I'd prefer somebody quicker playing behind him if he was one of the chosen centre backs, but believe that Keinan would excel playing behind somebody like Gerrard, who is only too happy to pick up the opposing centre forward and make him work for his money!

So Gerrard and Keinan would be my choice of currently available CB's, although I'd have liked to have picked up Sean St Ledger from Preston today, instead of Leicester! :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14017758.stm

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Gypes aint good enough imo.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Im happy with bother keepers
Full backs Kev, Quinn, Taylor, Blake - good enough (Naylor can go)
CB's Hudson, Gerrard, Keinan and Kev and Taylor who can cover (Gypes can go)

Happy with all that, leave them alone now and tweak the midfield and get in at least 3 strikers, ideally 4

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im happy with bother keepers
Full backs Kev, Quinn, Taylor, Blake - good enough (Naylor can go)
CB's Hudson, Gerrard, Keinan and Kev and Taylor who can cover (Gypes can go)

Happy with all that, leave them alone now and tweak the midfield and get in at least 3 strikers, ideally 4

Amen.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Taylor Left Back, Superkev right back, Gerrard and A N Other will be just fine
I think. Young Anthony will be the driving force in that back four i reckon, he
will be proper fired up this season. Dave Jones legacy will be to accidentally
leave us with a cracking Centre half with something to prove ;) ;) ;)

If we find the right midfielder to do most of his work in front of the back four we
will give nothing away at the back

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Gerrard will be a force to be reckoned with :ayatollah: :lol: no seriously though I think he is the defender to watch this season well we all know what to expect from Kev ;)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Wasn't the solidity of last years bunch part of the problem??

Best we get them a bit more mobile this year!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I agree....and glad to have Gerrard back!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:24 am

I loved the stick Gerrard gave the jacks on twitter too ! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 am

we have two good keepers...
whats wrong with marshall ? he hurt his thumb..
better than heaton on his day fully fit

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 am

We need cover for Super Kev, great player but dodgy back and picks up more than his fair share of injuries at important times...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:we have two good keepers...
whats wrong with marshall ? he hurt his thumb..
better than heaton on his day fully fit

Maybe when we get a new goalkeeping coach, he will coach them to come off their line

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 am

Darcy blake is nowhere near good enough

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 am

heaton's a qaulity keeper. if he wernt injured i reckon it would have been prem this year. bywater gets my vote for worst player ever in a city shirt. qpr taarabt's goal would have been saved imo. bywater made it look that good.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:44 am

Gerrard is hopeless and the weakest link. Watched him last game of the season V Bristol City then run him ragged !

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:46 am

Yep I agree about Gerrard , Hudson should start in 1st game BUT pre season matches will give everybody a chance I guess ?