Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I love that we arn't signing big names

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:20 pm

your jay bothroyds etc can all fook off to be honest

we are coming to a new era, we need to ship all these "so called stars" out and get players who want to do well, who want to play football, not overpaid wankers, look at norwich and dare i say it the cunts down the road

ive been away for a few days, I come back and i love the fact that we are signing "nobodys" its great :ayatollah: seeing vids of the players being put through thier passes, its all exciting, the change was definatly needed :ayatollah:

onwards and upwards, now time to get rid of bellers (can't beleave i said that) and whittingham and the rest of the jones crap

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: MALKYS BARMY ARMY! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I love that we arn't signing big names

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Ben, I am also fed up of the Big time Charlies, GREAT TO HAVE NEW TYPES OF PLAYERS COMING TO OUR CLUB, HUNGRY/PASSIONATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Agree mate :) Prefer players with less ability but put the work in compared to 'big names' who couldn't give a shit! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Ben wrote:your jay bothroyds etc can all fook off to be honest

we are coming to a new era, we need to ship all these "so called stars" out and get players who want to do well, who want to play football, not overpaid wankers, look at norwich and dare i say it the cunts down the road

ive been away for a few days, I come back and i love the fact that we are signing "nobodys" its great :ayatollah: seeing vids of the players being put through thier passes, its all exciting, the change was definatly needed :ayatollah:

onwards and upwards, now time to get rid of bellers (can't beleave i said that) and whittingham and the rest of the jones crap

Welcome back Ben! :lol: A good post - and I agree, however I wouldn't want to get rid of Whitts though, I think he'll be a great player in a young hardworking team with a point to prove to the youngsters! (although not that old himself!) But he has a good footballing head - Just Malky needs to breathe new life into him and sharpen up his track and tackle techniques! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:27 pm

With the likes of Conway,Cowie and Taylor all said it wasn't the money, all beceause of the manager and what the club had to offer :ayatollah:

Now Dave Jones would've needed a wad of cash or a mate to bring a player. HAPPY DAYS :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 pm

ahh look who it is

the mad man himself ben :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agree its great to see different type of players coming to city who will have the right attitude :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:31 pm

im always right :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Ben wrote:im always right :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

where have you been?? :D x x

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Ben wrote:your jay bothroyds etc can all fook off to be honest

The problem is though, that we still have a fair amount of fickle fans (Didn't DJ say that? :) ) and if Taylor or one of our other acquisitions, turn out to have a season that Naylor had last time out, then they'll not escape some of our fan's evil tongues either! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Play up or Piss off :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 pm

I think he is bringing in the right type of players and i really believe Witts will flourish next season with these types around him and him being allowed to do an attacking role. I still think we need a few "xfactor" players, be it Bellers or a Jay who can add that extra quality but I believe MM will do that along with a few key loans.

MM seems to be setting the foundations and doing it well

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 pm

This is all very nice, signing lesser known players, but it's only going to work if the players are actually any good. We'll find out of course and I do have a good feeling about it, but I suppose that could simply be a feeling of starting over, with a clean slate.

One thing's for sure, the type of fan we have nowadays whose priority at a match is how much food they can stuff down their throat at half time and how quickly they can get home after the game, it won't be long before we hear boos ringing around CCS if we don't perform.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:10 pm

harold pinta wrote:This is all very nice, signing lesser known players, but it's only going to work if the players are actually any good. We'll find out of course and I do have a good feeling about it, but I suppose that could simply be a feeling of starting over, with a clean slate.

One thing's for sure, the type of fan we have nowadays whose priority at a match is how much food they can stuff down their throat at half time and how quickly they can get home after the game, it won't be long before we hear boos ringing around CCS if we don't perform.

Harold, I can agree to an extent, but the Big names, Never Won us anything at the end of the day.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
harold pinta wrote:This is all very nice, signing lesser known players, but it's only going to work if the players are actually any good. We'll find out of course and I do have a good feeling about it, but I suppose that could simply be a feeling of starting over, with a clean slate.

Harold, I can agree to an extent, but the Big names, Never Won us anything at the end of the day.

The only reason we are signing these players is that they are affordable, fair enough, work within a budget and get the best you can with it.
If we signed someone like Shane Long or Kevin Doyle I'm sure no one would be upset that they were too well known though.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:04 am

New manager new policy i'm so far in favour of the new managers policy ! Yet I aint even seen our team play !