Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ARE YOU JOKING

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:50 pm

I must admit to creating my own problems a lot of the time, i am known for telling the odd joke and trying to make a funny story out of the most dire situations on many occasions. This can backfire and when I do genuinely have some bad news to pass on the normal reaction is "and yes, what's the punchline" a bit embarrassing when you are trying to tell someone that Bob or Bill has just died and they wont take you seriously.

Well anyway, twenty minutes ago I was doing my MAN stuff and cleaning the roof of my caravan whilst standing on the top step of my 6ft aluminium step ladder,well you know how it goes "rather than get down and move the ladder I'll just reach out another extra six inches just like Mr f*cking gadget does on the telly.

Well as you might have guest, whoosh 56 year old 22 stone man flying through space,land on both elbows with leg wrapped around the top step of ladder, yes Some of you will know I was a judo expert back in the day, and I should know how to land, but I never got thrown whilst wrapped around a step ladder in any of my competitions, so this was a new and painful experience, the noise woke three people up in the Treharris cemetery, but it didn't disturb my good wife who was on the phone to her mum with the front door wide open.

I thought for a split second she'll come out now and untangle me, but to no avail, instead I had to untangle myself, struggle up on to my feet and almost crawl into my house looking for sympathy, I shouted from the doorway "Al, I just had a hell of a fall off the step ladder" I could hear her then saying to her mother "oh, It's only him messing around again, well after she noticed the blood dripping on her shiny floor and the pale pained expression did she actually decide to say to her mother " perhaps I'd better take a look and I'll ring you later".

So to all my friends out there ( I must still have some) if you don't see me post on here at least once every three days or so, please call around or ring to see if I'm OK, because I may be laying dead in my bed for days and she'll be thinking I'm doing it for a laugh (travel expenses will be reimbursed from my will) thank you and good night.

Re: ARE YOU JOKING

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I must admit to creating my own problems a lot of the time, i am known for telling the odd joke and trying to make a funny story out of the most dire situations on many occasions. This can backfire and when I do genuinely have some bad news to pass on the normal reaction is "and yes, what's the punchline" a bit embarrassing when you are trying to tell someone that Bob or Bill has just died and they wont take you seriously.

Well anyway, twenty minutes ago I was doing my MAN stuff and cleaning the roof of my caravan whilst standing on the top step of my 6ft aluminium step ladder,well you know how it goes "rather than get down and move the ladder I'll just reach out another extra six inches just like Mr f*cking gadget does on the telly.

Well as you might have guest, whoosh 56 year old 22 stone man flying through space,land on both elbows with leg wrapped around the top step of ladder, yes Some of you will know I was a judo expert back in the day, and I should know how to land, but I never got thrown whilst wrapped around a step ladder in any of my competitions, so this was a new and painful experience, the noise woke three people up in the Treharris cemetery, but it didn't disturb my good wife who was on the phone to her mum with the front door wide open.

I thought for a split second she'll come out now and untangle me, but to no avail, instead I had to untangle myself, struggle up on to my feet and almost crawl into my house looking for sympathy, I shouted from the doorway "Al, I just had a hell of a fall off the step ladder" I could hear her then saying to her mother "oh, It's only him messing around again, well after she noticed the blood dripping on her shiny floor and the pale pained expression did she actually decide to say to her mother " perhaps I'd better take a look and I'll ring you later".

So to all my friends out there ( I must still have some) if you don't see me post on here at least once every three days or so, please call around or ring to see if I'm OK, because I may be laying dead in my bed for days and she'll be thinking I'm doing it for a laugh (travel expenses will be reimbursed from my will) thank you and good night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: the noise woke three people up in the Treharris cemetery.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:57 pm

:D :D

I will pop over now lol

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Is the step ladder OK ................?????????

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:59 pm

corky wrote::D :D

I will pop over now lol

Bring chips Corky.lol

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:00 pm

LMAO as i was reading that the advert at the top of the screen was a load of stepladders and the slogan still need a stepladder

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Only you could do that mate.. Hope your ok.... Let me know when I can come and collect the ladders, get some nice cash for aluminium these days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:18 pm

caravan (gypo came to mind then)you gone over to them or something hahaha :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:23 pm

I used to have a step ladder...............

My real one ran away when I was 12! :D

In all seriousness, hope you're OK!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:32 pm

That actually made me lol! My mrs just asked "what's so funny!" so I told her and her answer was "Does his wife use Flash Express floor cleaner!" :lol:

Hope you're ok Gwyn!!! :-D

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 pm

EARTHQUAKE ROCKS TREHARRIS
A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter Scale hit in the early hours of yesterday morning, with the epicentre in QUAKERS YARD.

The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately £15.89 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the BOYS CLUB and the welfare Hall were damaged beyond repair.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken well before their welfare cheques arrived. one resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying.

My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Jerry Springer the next morning".

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime carried on as normal.

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Vegemite and 70,000 bottles of Home Brew to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books,lonsdale T-shirts, fake car tax discs and blue disable badges,
jewellery from Peacocks and antique pine furniture from Daya.
HOW YOU CAN HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after.

Items most needed include: baseball caps, flannelette shirts, thongs and Lonsdale tracksuits.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs include,Monster Munch (pickled onion flavor), McDonalds, KFC, ice cream and cans of White Lightning or Bacardi Breezers.

If you would prefer to donate money, 25p buys a biro for filling in
compensation forms; £10.00 buys chips, battered fish, crisps and fizzy drinks for a family of 9; £5.00 will pay for a packet of Lambertbutler and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

PLEASE do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of the neighbouring areas :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Tsunami hits Porth, hannah street swamped, :D

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:40 pm

electricblue wrote:EARTHQUAKE ROCKS TREHARRIS
A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter Scale hit in the early hours of yesterday morning, with the epicentre in QUAKERS YARD.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the BOYS CLUB and the welfare Hall were damaged beyond repair.

Many locals were woken well before their welfare cheques arrived. one resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying.

My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Jerry Springer the next morning".

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Vegemite and 70,000 bottles of Home Brew to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books,lonsdale T-shirts, fake car tax discs and blue disable badges,
HOW YOU CAN HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after.

Items most needed include: baseball caps, flannelette shirts, thongs and Lonsdale tracksuits.

Required foodstuffs include,Monster Munch (pickled onion flavor), McDonalds, KFC, ice cream and cans of White Lightning or Bacardi Breezers.

compensation forms; £10.00 buys chips, battered fish, crisps and fizzy drinks for a family of 9; £5.00 will pay for a packet of Lambertbutler and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

PLEASE do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of the neighbouring areas :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:laughing3:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:40 pm

electricblue wrote:EARTHQUAKE ROCKS TREHARRIS

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Now f**k off your taking over my funny story. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:50 pm

You must admit Gwyn that's class... :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

felt the earthquake in bridgend :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Good post Gwyn, I needed cheering up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Get well soon haha, Im a firefighter in Treharris station, bit late now, but gimme a bell next time and I'll foot the ladder for you! Haha

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 pm

LOL! Hope you're ok Gwyn, only you could see falling off a ladder and injuring yourself as a great opportunity to make someone else smile.

:)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Gwyn
could you please make the time to come and have a pint with us sat coming????? would love to meet you...nutter :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: