Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malkay McKay

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 pm

I tell you what, I love the work Carl,Annis, hatton and anyone else does to keep us fans excited, and in one way I am glad Carl don't get it right all the time... Why it's simple, Dave Jones was quite predictable and gave away a lot of info on possible transfers and that got leaked, but he lso picked up every over 35 i can think that was released, and I can count so many times where we were then caught out and lost some top players. Maybe McKay is harder to read, but for one minute I don't blame Carl, to see such young talented and financial assets being added to this club is a joy to see.

However, I think McKay is so much more professional than Jones ever was in his approach to all his signings and I am happy he is like that, we feel and look much more organised and professional from past seasons, how good do Cardiff City look and appear from the outside at the moment, there are players crying out to play for us, and there not all hasbeen's chasing a last oay cheque. Goodwilie is different due to his pending appearance in court, however Don Cowie was out of the blue and had all us guessing when it appeared on the Ccfc official site. Conway and hopefully Taylor have committed and it's not gonna stop, but I also think players coming out and saying they are happy to sign for Cardiff City and play for McKay is a Joy to read. These are Scottish internationals, I know they ain't brazil, but it superb to see so many players looking to come on board.

I think he is gonna spring a few surprises over the coming weeks.. I just cannot wait. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malkay McKay

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:09 pm

i was down the vale today to watch them trianing ,malky was at the training area before the players , now thats different from the past ,first bit of warm up looked like a bit of fun ,with players and coaches all laughing at each other ,then they got all the players jogging around the perimeter 2 pitches a couple of times ,then straight in to ball work encouraging all players to feel comfortablewith the ball,i had to leave then but what i saw upto then was so different from last year, it looks like ball control/use at pace will be our aim next season ,in mm we must trust and fully support :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i was down the vale today to watch them trianing ,malky was at the training area before the players , now thats different from the past ,first bit of warm up looked like a bit of fun ,with players and coaches all laughing at each other ,then they got all the players jogging around the perimeter 2 pitches a couple of times ,then straight in to ball work encouraging all players to feel comfortablewith the ball,i had to leave then but what i saw upto then was so different from last year, it looks like ball control/use at pace will be our aim next season ,in mm we must trust and fully support :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HAPPY WITH MATE.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm

i think Gethin Jenkins deserves the lions share of the credit for keeping things so quiet, look how he dealt with the managerial situation, no one had a clue what was going on! Im very pleased with how things are shaping up!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

who was the last over 35 dave jones signed i cant think of one i think you are smoking jarmaican woodbines mate :oops:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:i think Gethin Jenkins deserves the lions share of the credit for keeping things so quiet, look how he dealt with the managerial situation, no one had a clue what was going on! Im very pleased with how things are shaping up!

Quite right mate,everybody seemed to think because he had a rugby background he wouldn't have what it takes to run a football club.I think he's prooving a few people wrong.Long may it continue.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:34 pm

steve wrote:who was the last over 35 dave jones signed i cant think of one i think you are smoking jarmaican woodbines mate :oops:

Are you for real?? Fowler, Sinclair, jimmy, Robinson.... What would you prefer??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:42 pm

not one of them was over 35 in their 30's but not one over 35 when we signed them

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Dont think Fowler was 35 at the time ! but I get the point and am really positive about the MM era !

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:02 pm

RyanYdwI wrote:Dont think Fowler was 35 at the time ! but I get the point and am really positive about the MM era !

Its not so much that Malky is so positive and forward thinking for me...

Its that the Club have obviously decided to give him the ball and let him run!!!

There was a definite fear factor here before. Jones was afraid to take chances
with players and tactics and ended up making massive mistakes by playing 'safe'
The Club werent 100% behind him, the trust was never really there and in all
fairness to Jones, he must have felt that... and the players would have been
getting thos bad vibes off Jones.

Now?

Cardiff City FC seem to have a "f**k it lets go for it" attitude now.

I cannot f*cking wait to see his team out on that pitch :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Its not so much that Malky is so positive and forward thinking for me...

Its that the Club have obviously decided to give him the ball and let him run!!!

There was a definite fear factor here before. Jones was afraid to take chances
with players and tactics and ended up making massive mistakes by playing 'safe'
The Club werent 100% behind him, the trust was never really there and in all
fairness to Jones, he must have felt that... and the players would have been
getting thos bad vibes off Jones.

Now?

Cardiff City FC seem to have a "f**k it lets go for it" attitude now.

I cannot f*cking wait to see his team out on that pitch :ayatollah:[/quote]

Me neither..... Feel like as a club we have turned a massive corner. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:32 am

It's like a breath of fresh air !