Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's going on? Any news?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:16 pm

I was expecting at least 2, possibly 3 new signings today and I was expecting those signings to go through by lunch time the latest. How can it take all day to have a medical? I'm very worried there's been no news yet and i'm worrying deals have fallen through today. We still need at least another half a dozen players before we go away to Seville, we cannot afford to add lots of players after our pre-season tour as these players will be short of fitness and the team bonding and preparation for the season will go out the window. We better make at least one signing today, and a couple more tomorrow. The lack of news is killing me, sort it out City!

Re: What's going on? Any news?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I was expecting at least 2, possibly 3 new signings today and I was expecting those signings to go through by lunch time the latest. How can it take all day to have a medical? I'm very worried there's been no news yet and i'm worrying deals have fallen through today. We still need at least another half a dozen players before we go away to Seville, we cannot afford to add lots of players after our pre-season tour as these players will be short of fitness and the team bonding and preparation for the season will go out the window. We better make at least one signing today, and a couple more tomorrow. The lack of news is killing me, sort it out City!

you expect alot :) relax, its only monday. as im sure you know friday is a lonnggg way away

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Hell of a crash on the Bristol RIng road earlier on. Huge queues.
Luckily I was going the other way.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:33 pm

griff105 wrote:Hell of a crash on the Bristol RIng road earlier on. Huge queues.
Luckily I was going the other way.

i heard thats why goodwillie could not fly down due to the queues effecting cardiff and glasgow airport :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:35 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I was expecting at least 2, possibly 3 new signings today and I was expecting those signings to go through by lunch time the latest. How can it take all day to have a medical? I'm very worried there's been no news yet and i'm worrying deals have fallen through today. We still need at least another half a dozen players before we go away to Seville, we cannot afford to add lots of players after our pre-season tour as these players will be short of fitness and the team bonding and preparation for the season will go out the window. We better make at least one signing today, and a couple more tomorrow. The lack of news is killing me, sort it out City!

you expect alot :) relax, its only monday. as im sure you know friday is a lonnggg way away

I admire your optimism, but pre-season training has started, so already we will be playing our first game of the season with some players in the team who have not had a full pre-season. This also gives us less time to gel as a team. We will be like a team of strangers short on fitness unless we bring in half a dozen players fast, otherwise we will start the season poorly and be playing catch up.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Believe in MM ! :ayatollah: