Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tom Bradshaw

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Just thought i'd put everyones mind at rest regarding our pending signing of Tom Bradshaw.
I first came across Tom when he played in the Welsh Premier League for Aberystwyth Town.
Tom made his debut aged 16 for Aber in a game I refereed.
He was built like a stick but more than made up for his lack of physique with his ability.
He totally dominated the game from start to finish, he was outstanding and continued to be for the remainder of his time at Aber.
I said to Brian Coyne the Aber manager that he had a real gem on his hands and he would have trouble keeping hold of the lad.
Brian agreed but said that he had already recommended Tom to Shrewsbury who were managed by Brian's
best mate Jake King.
Jake took him for a trial and virtually signed him on the spot.
There have been dozens of clubs looking at him (3 from the Premiership) and several were ready to make Shrewsbury an offer.
It looks like we have beaten them all to it.
Mark my words, we have a real star on our hands, Tom Bradshaw is going to be a huge hit! :ayatollah:

Re: Tom Bradshaw

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:Just thought i'd put everyones mind at rest regarding our pending signing of Tom Bradshaw.
I first came across Tom when he played in the Welsh Premier League for Aberystwyth Town.
He was built like a stick but more than made up for his lack of physique with his ability.
He totally dominated the game from start to finish, he was outstanding and continued to be for the remainder of his time at Aber.
I said to Brian Coyne the Aber manager that he had a real gem on his hands and he would have trouble keeping hold of the lad.
Brian agreed but said that he had already recommended Tom to Shrewsbury who were managed by Brian's
best mate Jake King.
There have been dozens of clubs looking at him (3 from the Premiership) and several were ready to make Shrewsbury an offer.
Mark my words, we have a real star on our hands, Tom Bradshaw is going to be a huge hit! :ayatollah:

if he doesnt your having it! :lol:
nah im happy to give a youngster a try :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:52 pm

theres a lot of talk on this guy today, is it all rumours though, where did they start??

I actually find it a refreshing change that we are taking a little gamble on a lower league youngster. True it could all go tits up but its better than another Robbie Fowler

Who said he was coming here ? I haven't seen anything?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

A mate of a mate told me! :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:55 pm

id be happy to see him play for us :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Merlin wrote:Who said he was coming here ? I haven't seen anything?

same, seems one person said it and we have all taken a bite.

think i might start my own rumour soon.

michael ricketts anyone??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Haha, Carl any info on this ?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:Just thought i'd put everyones mind at rest regarding our pending signing of Tom Bradshaw.
best mate Jake King.

I highlighted this lad's ability a few weeks ago with a link to a youtube clip showing him scoring a brilliant goal but people were luke warm about him saying he's not ready. But that's not the point. If he has a touch of genius about him I say snap him up before anyone else does and work with him to help his all round game improve.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Sign him up !

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 am

what position does he play?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 am

5.30 in..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAFVjjKJgVs

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:13 am

I remember watching soccer saturday and the pundit(i think it may have been tony cottee) covering a shrewsbury game marked him as awesome and a star in the making.

i for one would welcome him, just glad we got rid of the bad influences at the club..