Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think money ruined football?

You may select 1 option

View results

Do you think money ruined football?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Do you think money ruined football? Do you think the players are as passionate as those in the 70's. :old:

Re: Do you think money ruined football?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:21 pm

i think the money was always going to increase. its natural as football is brining in more money, it has to go somewhere. i just think its the players coaches and agents demanding more money everywhere. i think wages caps in 10 years

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 pm

i miss the passion that was apparent way before the influx of so many foreign players, at the end of the day If man U play Man City they will because of their finances and fan base still have two great teams even if they can only use U.k. players, it's all relative and the sense of belonging to a team as a player and as a fan is nowhere near what it was when there were more local players in every team, just my opinion for what it's worth. :old:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:56 pm

I think apart from the big 4 nothin has changed really, especially in the lower leagues! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:43 pm

I think sooner or later, another team will go bust trying to stay up or get up. There has been so many close calls, I reckon it's inevitable someone will go under.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:36 am

Some good views but yes I think money has ruined football ! Wages,agents,transfers ticket prices all increasing.