Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Celtic offer turned down

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 pm

As Carl said earlier In the week Celtic offered to pay man city 85% of bellamys wages. I am being told that man city have rejected the offer as they don't want to loan him out again. Man city have informed both clubs that if you want Bellamy he costs 4 million.
This is what I have been told. This person wouldn't lie to me and his source is smack on most of the time.
The question now is will Cardiff pay 4 million?

Re: Celtic offer turned down

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Probably not, but each day nearer the end of the transfer window his value drops. He will be a Cardiff player again very soon, but probably not until just before the transfer window closes.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Pontybluebird10 wrote:As Carl said earlier In the week Celtic offered to pay man city 85% of bellamys wages. I am being told that man city have rejected the offer as they don't want to loan him out again. Man city have informed both clubs that if you want Bellamy he costs 4 million.
This is what I have been told. This person wouldn't lie to me and his source is smack on most of the time.

any source as to where they have turned it down ??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Craig could pay it himself? :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:07 pm

I can't imagine any club will pay that much for Craig. With every week that goes by Man City will be shelling out another £90k, soon they will lower their expectations. I would guess his value at about £1.5 Million which would be a good price for City to offer.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:10 pm

No clubs going to pay a transfer fee and then cover his wages.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Annis could pay it :D

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Annis could pay it :D

SO COULD YOU, YOU CARAVAN DWELLING PIKEY XXXX

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm

milly44 wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:Annis could pay it :D

SO COULD YOU, YOU CARAVAN DWELLING PIKEY XXXX

:lol: Thats not very nice Nathan! fancy speaking to the :old: like that! ;)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Bolton Fulham and West ham will all pay at least 2 or 3 million for him and pay him about 40k a week so we will have to offer at leat 2 million and pay him about 30k --it just may be too much of a risk

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Pontybluebird10 wrote:As Carl said earlier In the week Celtic offered to pay man city 85% of bellamys wages. I am being told that man city have rejected the offer as they don't want to loan him out again. Man city have informed both clubs that if you want Bellamy he costs 4 million.

Not what I have been told, Celtic are firm Favourites to get Bells.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

The sooner it becomes official the better so we can move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:01 pm

I THINK WE NEED TO GET REAL HERE. HE AINT COMING.
I've no doubt when he said what he said about wanting to play for City was real but the dynamic is now different. MM hasn't sung his name from the roof tops (neither has he been gushing about Earnie).

MM will have to be convinced before any transfer in or out that it his right with his vision. It may be a case of timing here.

I personally would love Bellars and Earnie and think MM should be trying for them to get momentum with the younger players hes trying to draft in.
But I am not the Manager or budget holder and I just have to believe in MM to do the right thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:21 pm

My thoughts too (why can't we pay the money and get it over)

Surely they (Man City) would have to stump up the balance of his contract as it is they (not Craig) that has decided on a parting of the ways??

Or is it that (as in the bad old days :lol: ) Cardiff City are playing a bit of brinksmanship and waiting until the last possible moment to 'do a deal' in the hope that Man City will 'move' somewhat on their terms and/or valuation??

A dangerous game IMO....UNLESS Craig himself has given some indication to OUR club that he will hold out for a move here for the coming season and beyond. Afterall, I don't remember anyone of any value (Carl, Annis, Marc, TopCat etc) saying it was a 'done' deal that he was going to Celtic....just a 'sensible' one from Man City's point of view

The statement that Man City ONLY want a SALE changes all that and we now need to show Craig that he is VALUED by Cardiff City Football Club and its SUPPORTERS

C'Mon Craig. Come home....you know it makes sense!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Lol, it's great to see some people still believe !

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Celtic may still be favourites. But that offer has been turned down.

RyanYdwI wrote:Lol, it's great to see some people still believe !

I don't believe at all.I can't see Bellamy coming back one bit simply because man city want 4 mil which we won't pay.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:57 pm

No chance he's only got one year on his contract, he's getting on, he's injury prone, and he can refuse to move, so has got them right by the bollox..................