Re: the source that mentioned

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:55 am

John Oster is 32. No chance.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:55 am

thats what i was hoping!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 am

Well, there is a minute chance - But realistically there's no chance.

He's not the best player in the world, and at 32 he doesn't have much life left in him (footballing terms).

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:03 pm

None of the players we have signed so far are great footballers if we are all realistic

Oster would be a good squad player and as we all know we need bodies for the massive season ahead

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Would be too similar to cowie to be a useful addition. If we had already brought in the two central midfielders, flying right winger and three strikers we need it would add a nice bit of extra depth to the squad but at the moment he is in no way a priority signing.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Nick's Barmy Army wrote:None of the players we have signed so far are great footballers if we are all realistic

Oster would be a good squad player and as we all know we need bodies for the massive season ahead

But at 32 how long could he perform at championship level? 1 season at most?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 pm

this rumour came up last week. so maybe there is some truth??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:28 pm

i dont buy in to the whole I have a source thing..

but the same guy mentioned burke and capaldi. i really dont know what to think. what reason have i got to doubt him?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Dazzatim wrote:i dont buy in to the whole I have a source thing..

but the same guy mentioned burke and capaldi. i really dont know what to think. what reason have i got to doubt him?

He hasn't shown you proof.

Don't believe anything until you have definitive evidence. Best way to live life.

He may have been right with Burkey and Capaldi, but it doesn't mean he'll always be 100% right.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:27 pm

YEY, let's write all our players off before they even come here!!!! :lol: :) :P :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

i cant say that John Oster signing would excite me at all! Plenty of better players out there who are available!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:32 pm

if hes cheap well worth a 1 year contract as he knows this league better than most. also good play maker. i would take him. but would shop round still :ayatollah: