Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The greed and ego of the modern footballer

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 am

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/de ... 1gxv6.html

Harry Kewell wants to 'give something back' to Australian football but only in return for a percentage of gate receipts.... :roll:

Re: The greed and ego of the modern footballer

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 am

I've lost a lot of respect for the footballers of today because of their greed.

Even more so for the likes of Chopra and Bothroyd who have gone public with their criticism of the fans. The average fan is paying quite a percentage of their wage to watch a game these days compared to a few years ago. Without them the game would be dead yet the likes of those 2 are ignorant of that fact.

Chopra and Bothroyd might be gifted footballers but they need to be told that fans have brought that giftness by coming to see them play.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 am

this is slightly different but the ronaldo issue. supposedly 400k a week at man city? football has gone absolutely crazy. money is such a big factor that players do not care who they play for, how many games they play, they just want that agreed wage figure when they signed the contract. absolutely shocking.
when they do finish their footballing career i hope they realize how much they miss the game and not take account of all the money they have made.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Gael Clichy in 2009:

The French full-back told The Sun: "I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City".

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Hypocrit :ayatollah: