Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 pm

We all want a Ferrari. But how much would you pay for a second hand one
with a dodgy engine?

Thats the crux of the matter here

We all want Craig back, i think in an ideal world he'd be playing here next
season, he'd love to. But shit happens.

QPR, Norwich nor the Jacks had Craig Bellamy last season, they got promoted, we
never!!

There is no point paying over the odds for ANY player, not even Craig Bellamy. Not if
we can pay TWO players for what we'd be paying Bellamy.

I want him here. But in Malky we trust

Re: BUYING A FERRARI OR A BELLAMY

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Agree. Get more than two players too for the same !

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 pm

also agree...

bellamys latter career serious injury ratio is like one per season and a half at best, his knee is gonna go this year and he'l spend time out...

it took him 6 months to start producing his best form more notibly in the play offs where he got injured he was looking at his sharpest....
and within 20 mins he pulled up

that what were going to get with bellamy every time he hits peak fitness

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:also agree...

bellamys latter career serious injury ratio is like one per season and a half at best, his knee is gonna go this year and he'l spend time out...

it took him 6 months to start producing his best form more notibly in the play offs where he got injured he was looking at his sharpest....
and within 20 mins he pulled up

that what were going to get with bellamy every time he hits peak fitness

I have a sneaking suspicion Malky thinks the same

A fit Craig Bellamy is an asset to any team, when he hit top form last season he more or less
single-handedly dragged us back into contention, he was superb. But his knee packed in yet
again when we needed him most. Gutted. i think the fact he genuinely seems to love the club
and is a local lad makes it even tougher to see him elsewhere, but if thats how its going to be
then ce sera sera :(

Re: " BUYING A FERRARI OR A BELLAMY "

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 am

to be fair it wasnt his knee that got him injured at the end, it was a hamstring pull which is common with pacey players. hoever i agree. we could get 3 good players here. im just worried if we can get 3 good players...

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:54 am

taffyapple wrote:We all want a Ferrari. But how much would you pay for a second hand one
with a dodgy engine?

never!!
There is no point paying over the odds for ANY player, not even Craig Bellamy. Not if

Even though I want him back also, that above is a bloody good point.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeh I agree with this topic to be fair! Its just a case of which players we can bring in that will be effective as Bellamy would be!! I think its a gamble either way as Bellamy could get injured or the 2 players we bring in instead may not be up to the standard we need to get promoted!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:00 pm

taffyapple wrote:We all want a Ferrari. But how much would you pay for a second hand one
with a dodgy engine?

never!!

the qpr,norwich nor jacks line sums it up perfectly, :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Bellamy is a Ferrari end of,especialy in this division.As for the time he spent out of the side-wern't a few others out for one reason or another.Seems to me he was "as availiabe"as most of the others last season.I'd have him here in a heartbeat.The man is pure class and he would be the last man I'd blame for last seasons failings

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:04 pm

You can rely on 1 player too heavily.Seriously,your better off without him.What silverware has `Bellamy ever won,Celtic aside?

Absolutely fook all.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:32 pm

I would sooner we signed two or three quality players than just one injury prone Bellamy. As great a player that he is we would imo be wiser to strengthen the whole squad.

WIth the likes of Wayne Routledge, Kris Boyd, Guy Moussi etc etc available I think we could use the money better.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I prefered Greggs to Ferraris.
The one in Barry is a buy your gold shop now. Sad but there you go.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Bellamy is a Ferrari end of,especialy in this division.As for the time he spent out of the side-wern't a few others out for one reason or another.Seems to me he was "as availiabe"as most of the others last season.I'd have him here in a heartbeat.The man is pure class and he would be the last man I'd blame for last seasons failings

I dont see anyone blaming Bellamy on here mate?

Facts are, we were within touching distance of Wembley cos of him.
But he got injured again, and the other 'big stars' couldnt cut the
mustard.

I love the feller.

But we have to accept that there are other options out there

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:31 pm

If I'd spen the last 7 months watching said Ferrari outperform every Vauxhall, Renault and Mercedes in our squad then I'd certainly still fork out for it thanks :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Totally agree with your sentiments Taffy what we really do not know was Bellamy a God send in the dressing room or a liability with his outspoken views, there is no doubt the dressing room was lost at the end of the season