Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A NEW COACH NEEDED "

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:57 pm

I believe we need a goalkeeper coach as Martyn Margetson, as goalkeeper coach, must take responsibility for the goalkeeping problems and decisions made by the keepers over the last 5-6 years.

Maybe we should go and get Alec Chamberlain.
As he will be off on Monday morning :D
Opinions.

Re: A NEW COACH NEEDED

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:59 pm

You make a fair point Carl but we haven't had a really decent keeper since Alexander.

He hasn't had a great deal to work with, but then again he has had some young keepers he should of maybe developed further.

I really like Marshall, for some reason he appears to have just dropped off the radar.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

I know this is gonna piss Watford off big time are we gonna go the full hog and nick Daniel Harrod too? ;) :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Sorry but what can Margetson really do with crap players?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Sorry but what can Margetson really do with crap players?

He would have been better off if Dave Jones had gone to West Ham and he went there.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:16 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Sorry but what can Margetson really do with crap players?

teach them to catch the ball on crosses, defend corners properly, get the goalkeepers to organise the defence in front of them oh and have a lil practice at kick clearances :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:

He would have been better off if Dave Jones had gone to West Ham and he went there.

What?

Margetson has worked with Goal Keepers that really aren't any good, like Bywater. Other than that he's worked with Marshall, who is quite experienced and not coming off his line enough is just how he plays and a coach can't really do anything about that. And Then Heaton was really good before his injury

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

What?

Margetson has worked with Goal Keepers that really aren't any good, like Bywater. Other than that he's worked with Marshall, who is quite experienced and not coming off his line enough is just how he plays and a coach can't really do anything about that. And Then Heaton was really good before his injury

Wrong mate our goalkeepers are instructed to stay on their line as long as possible, not a decision that some of our goalkeepers, past and present, have been comfortable with.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:44 pm

I remember when we signed Taylor on loan. First home game we played I thought "thank God, a keeper who can kick!" then the next game, he's kicking went shite. You watch our keepers and their kicking. ALL of them have been shite. Coincidence? Also, every single one of them never got rid of the ball quickly. They all slowed play down. Surely this has to be down to Margetson and Jones? Or were Heaton, Marshall, Bywater, Taylor, Enkleman and Dimi Kantstopalot doing it off their own back?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Wrong mate our goalkeepers are instructed to stay on their line as long as possible, not a decision that some of our goalkeepers, past and present, have been comfortable with.

If only Bywater listened :cry:

My problem with Margetson is no keeper has really ever improved under him. Heaton had to spend a year back at Old Trafford before he imporved.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

If only Bywater listened :cry:

My problem with Margetson is no keeper has really ever improved under him. Heaton had to spend a year back at Old Trafford before he imporved.

That is why Luke I believe he should leave our club.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:10 pm

He was no good as a keeper so why would he be able to coach well. Margetson should go asap. We've have had keepers who have performed with other teams but with us they was just shocking. dimi was the biggest shock considering howgood he was for the jacks.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:I believe we need a goalkeeper coach as Martyn Margetson, as goalkeeper coach, must take responsibility for the goalkeeping problems and decisions made by the keepers over the last 5-6 years.

Opinions.

Definitely get someone I have never rated Margetson as a golie or a coach.................

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:17 pm

As Malky got rid of the rest, So should Margetson have gone, Our Goalies have not improved one bit under him, but thats just my strong opinion. Daya Carl wishes him on West Ham just for you :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 pm

THINK MARGETSON HAS NOT IMPROVED ANY OF OUR KEEPERS, BUT TO BE HONEST COULD ANYBODY IMPROVE VAN DE BYWATER. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As Malky got rid of the rest, So should Margetson have gone, Our Goalies have not improved one bit under him, but thats just my strong opinion. Daya Carl wishes him on West Ham just for you :lol:

This has been a problem area for years and has proved to be a weakness for us. I feel time is needed for change.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As Malky got rid of the rest, So should Margetson have gone, Our Goalies have not improved one bit under him, but thats just my strong opinion. Daya Carl wishes him on West Ham just for you :lol:

Behave Carl !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:

This has been a problem area for years and has proved to be a weakness for us. I feel time is needed for change.

Carl who would you replace him with ? come on lets be fair here - hes had no decent keepers to work with !!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Daya wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Carl who would you replace him with ? come on lets be fair here - hes had no decent keepers to work with !!

Anyone, maybe George Wood, Steve. :lol:

So you say he has had no decent keepers to work with.

A question for you, if West Ham got rid of David Coles their goalkeeping coach would you be happy to take Margetson ?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Daya wrote:Carl who would you replace him with ? come on lets be fair here - hes had no decent keepers to work with !!

A question for you, if West Ham got rid of David Coles their goalkeeping coach would you be happy to take Margetson ?

Guess your not that much of a fan then Steve :D

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Daya wrote:Carl who would you replace him with ? come on lets be fair here - hes had no decent keepers to work with !!

I like Marge but not that much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Daya wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Anyone, maybe George Wood, Steve. :lol:

I like Marge but not that much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like him too :D

But I would like him more if he went to West Ham :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Neville Southall?

Ron Healey??

Re: " A NEW COACH NEEDED "

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:I believe we need a goalkeeper coach as Martyn Margetson, as goalkeeper coach, must take responsibility for the goalkeeping problems and decisions made by the keepers over the last 5-6 years.

Opinions.

I Remember when the Snipers said well Carl was not totally right, All the back room staff have not gone as Margetson is still here,Well looks like Carl has had the last laugh on the Saddos again :lol: :ayatollah:
Watch This Space :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Opinions.

I Remember when the Snipers said well Carl was not totally right, All the back room staff have not gone as Margetson is still here,Well looks like Carl has had the last laugh on the Saddos again :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Margie is an iron!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Seriously, where is George Wood these days? Sorted out our goalkeeping problems before now.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Seriously, where is George Wood these days? Sorted out our goalkeeping problems before now.

He was at Darlington, then went back to Scotland I think.
Margetson now a Hammer, you heard first on here.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Opinions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Margie is an iron!

You finally clicked on Steve :lol:

It took everyone a while fair play :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Opinions.[/quote]

Watch This Space :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Margie is an iron![/quote]
You finally clicked on Steve :lol:

It took everyone a while fair play :lol:[/quote]

i knew last week mate - its the reason he wasnt put on gardening leave

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Surely a good goalkeeping coach could sort out Marshall. Brilliant shot stopper, but flaps at crosses, and does not seem to communicate with his defenders. Heaton is the better of the two IMO.

Seriously, bring back George Wood. ' He's got no hair, but we don't care, Georgie, Georgie Wood !' If he's in Scotland, then we should have no problem tracking him down. :ayatollah: