Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We have lost our Welsh identity

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:41 am

It was so small and on the back of the shirt, no one would have even seen it. The Welsh Dragon and the Daffodil are on out badge so that's fine :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:58 am

Warrior wrote:Todays sunday mirror has said the malaysians have taken it away from us.
I do wonder why they have taken the Dragon of the shirt.

The football league wouldn't let us have it this season. Similarly Swansea were told they wernt allowed it by the premier league. Nothing to do with the club or the malaysians. As has been said there is still Welsh
Identity on the club badge.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:02 am

This is getting old.

The Welsh Dragon is on the Club Badge, which is on the shirt.

The end.

FFS

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:04 am

Correct me if i am wrong! But i thought Cardiff was in Wales??? :?
What's in a badge what you don't notice, the dragon is on the club badge which is embroided on the heart of the shirt, that's more important i would say???? :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:06 am

At least our welsh players of: Marshall, Heaton, Mcnaughton, Hudson, Gerrard, Keinan, Quinn, Naylor, Whitts, Conway, Cowie, McPhail, Parkin, Taiwo and Gyepes, can represent us, plus our welsh manager... Oh no wait... seriously grow up.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:07 am

taffyapple wrote:This is getting old.

The Welsh Dragon is on the Club Badge, which is on the shirt.

The end.

FFS

Totally agree!!!! 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:21 am

If our badge didn't contain anything Welsh i'd be dissapointed. But it does, so i'm not.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:02 pm

I'd rather have a good looking shirt without an additional welsh flag than a shite shirt we had before with one on it...

and we still have our old badge with y ddraig goch and the daffodil...

besides that, you can get a welsh flag embroidered in various shops in cardiff, that's what I will do when I get mine...