Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BAGGIES ENTER CHASE FOR JAY BOTHROYD.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 pm

WBA Are the latest team to want the services of JAY BOTHROYD,The Baggies are ready to hijack QPR 's bid.

We have already seen CELTIC - EVERTON - QPR - To name just 3 other teams showing an interest.

Re: BAGGIES ENTER CHASE FOR JAY BOTHROYD.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:Hodgson was looking at him when he was at Fulham.

In all fairness for a free transfer any premiership club could cash in on him to another Championship club in January leaving them quids in!!!

That's a good call MG :ayatollah: Jay will cost nothing,but will demand a transfer fee later on to that club,if things don't work out.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Trouble is he wants 50 k a week.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:05 pm

yeah take him, never thought he was that good anyway, hes a standard championship player :roll:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:08 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:WBA Are the latest team to want the services of JAY BOTHROYD,The Baggies are ready to hijack QPR 's bid.

We have already seen CELTIC - EVERTON - QPR - To name just 3 other teams showing an interest.

TBH Tony no one wants him :o cant see WBA having him but there you go

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:30 pm

send him to QPR give him 2k a week a new england fleece & a ipod shuffle with the tweenies on, and he'll be happy..

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm not sure why Some have a problem. Always been good to fans, worked his contract and gave us good service. Yes he fell awaytowarss the end but he won't be the first to have a first cap and struggle after...

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 pm

a bit like chris sutton

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:34 am

Over the last season I would say Jay offered lot more tha Burke.
I guess his brilliant first half of season followed by a solid end of season made him an exception consider to burmese average overall season.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:16 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:WBA Are the latest team to want the services of JAY BOTHROYD,The Baggies are ready to hijack QPR 's bid.

Tony, I can tell you now Jay is Desperate for a Club.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I think if he had lowered his wage demands from what has been reported then he definitely would have a club by now.

Nice to see him sweat though, especially with most clubs starting pre season.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I was not comfortable with Jay all season. He was the player that DJ was the manager. When everything was going good he was OK but as soon as it got hard going he like DJ could not turn it around.

Personally I felt during the January window the best Jay was going to get from another club is a look. I dont think any club was interested in him then and I dont think that now, showing interest and being serious are two different things.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:04 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think if he had lowered his wage demands from what has been reported then he definitely would have a club by now.

Nice to see him sweat though, especially with most clubs starting pre season.

i no i said that to my old man if he does not get a club soon before he will no it the season would of started :o

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 am

Jay was a great player who'd lost his way and was given a chance by Cardiff City.

His England cap (which was engineered by DJ to try and flog him at a top price last Jan) completely went to his head, his form dipped and he refused to commit to the club who resurrected his career. Worst still, he was part or a group who went out on a bender days before a match that could have put us into an automatic promotion position.

In summary, great talent, wrong attitude. Its why he never became the success he could and why we didn't with him.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:41 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Jay was a great player who'd lost his way and was given a chance by Cardiff City.

His England cap (which was engineered by DJ to try and flog him at a top price last Jan) completely went to his head, his form dipped and he refused to commit to the club who resurrected his career. Worst still, he was part or a group who went out on a bender days before a match that could have put us into an automatic promotion position.

In summary, great talent, wrong attitude. Its why he never became the success he could and why we didn't with him.

SPOT ON.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Jay 's Agent says that - Jay will have a club in the next 7-10 days...Could be a golf club the way this is going ;)

I Can't remember a player for a long time who has attracted so many clubs,and still is waiting for the right offer.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Jay 's Agent says that - Jay will have a club in the next 7-10 days...Could be a golf club the way this is going ;)

I Can't remember a player for a long time who has attracted so many clubs,and still is waiting for the right offer.

Yeah with Bellamy on the end of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Well if Bellers is to go to CELTIC,Will JAY follow :?: After all was it not posted on here that Jay had passed a medical at CELTIC.

Then followed the other clubs to show an interest in Jay...Can't be coming back to CARDIFF with his wage demands.