Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How do we capture Bellamy ?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 am

If as true as mentioned before and Bellamy can afford to play for free for Cardiff next season, then that surely means that he can afford to lose £75k a weeks wages that Man City are paying him then? (£3.9m)

So Bellamy asks Man City for his contract to be cancelled, saving them £3.9 million pounds over a 52 week year.

Bellamy obviously doesn't want to go to any other club but Cardiff, and We can't afford to pay them £4m transfer fee now. (which would profit them £8m inc. saving on the wages!)

Im estimating that we would at a push pay what? £30k a week towards his wages? meaning on a loan basis AGAIN until Bellamy becomes a free agent we would be saving Man City £1.5 million. but then they lose a player, and we would gain a player at the end of the loan spell on a free transfer with still a reasonable value.

But surely, cancelling Bellamy's contract and saving themselves nearly £4m in wages over the coming year is in their own interests rather than loaning him out..... Man City will look to maximise their profit by hoping for a fair bid coming in for Bellamy and would probably consider anything over £3m for him.... But Bellamy can't be forced to go and join another club, especially with his heart set on Cardiff again!

Which club would really want to buy a player with a determined passion at looking for a move to his home town? It just wouldn't work would it?

If the worst comes to the worst, and they say Right, we're keeping Bellamy in reserves then, as we dont have room to accomodate him in the 25 man squad, and we're not selling him to a club in the top 8 (our rivals) Who are they hurting? themselves, Bellamy and Cardiff. I can't get my head around it tbh, as a business, and with their current outgoings - surely they have to concentrate on maximising their income and expenditure, and try to profit from the deal....

Cancelling Bellamy's contract and saving £4m in wages is the most effective way to deal with this matter isn't it?

or am i thinking to much inside the box and not outside? :|

Re: How do we capture Bellamy ?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:54 am

annis needs to take out a mortgage i think :lol: he will be owed money by the club and im sure they will pay him back after promotion :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:54 am

Yes spot on I have posted this already saying surely Man City will not loan him out does not make sense he will leave end of season so paying wages for nothing. I believe they will hang out for a transfer fee and if they don't get one will cancel his contarct allowing him to sign for us for free

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 am

A net, some horse tranquilizer-filled darts.. And something to fire the darts from.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Annis sign him up ! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Dafydd wrote:A net, some horse tranquilizer-filled darts.. And something to fire the darts from.

beat me to it

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:42 pm

RFMH wrote:Image

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Makes sence when you put it like that Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: