Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Bellamy & Celtic "

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:51 am

Whilst I applaud Celtic for pushing the boat out and offering Craig as much as they can I have to question whether it really is enough?

Craig has already said he will play for us "free" if necessary so money is clearly not an issue.

Training down here and flying to Glasgow prior to each match may seem attractive. But is it really workable. What if Joe Ledley says he wants to do the same. Perhaps Loovens may want to train in Amsterdam. Before you know it they will have a team of fit individuals who cannot play together.

In any respect, in Cardiff, he gets to see his family 7 days a week whereas in Glasgow it may only be 5 days.

.... and then there is the competition. We have all said that the SPL is a poor quality league. Would someone of Craigs talent prefer to play against the likes of Birmingham and West Ham or Inverness and St Mirren. He has always said that he wouldnt play for any other Premiership side and I really would be "very surprised" if he took the SPL option.

I would like to think that Cardiff is "Unfinished Business" for him. We should have gone up last year but we had several individuals who quite frankly didnt pull their weight - and maybe the loan system was the cause of this. I genuinely would like to think that Craig would want to take Cardiff into the Premiership, have a season in the Premiership with us and then go on to be a Player/Coach with us.

Re: Bellamy & Celtic

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:18 am

i really hope so mate but if he doesnt have to go up there in the week will he be happy enough with that if man city dont offer a way out of his contract

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:24 am

I guess Celtic do have the appeal of European football which right now we don't. Unless of course we go through the welsh cup, anyone know the outcome of this saga?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 am

I'm afraid to say that he's gone, for at least a season. :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52057

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 am

By the way Carl does NOT say Craig will be training with City and he also does not say any deal has been agreed, he just says what Celtic/Lennon is offering Craig and Man City seem to favour it as they will be better of than last season deal buy a mile.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52057 :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:30 am

jhippno wrote:I guess Celtic do have the appeal of European football which right now we don't.

They'd be out by the time they had drawn up the contracts :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:37 am

Well Bothroyd, Chopra and "our ex manager's" salaries should leave a few quid spare that could go to Man City.

You can't expect to buy a Mercedes for the price of a Fiat twice, can ya?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 am

I still Believe BELLS Will fight Tooth and Nail with Man City to come to Cardiff, although it is a very attractive offer by his Friend Lennon.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:I still Believe BELLS Will fight Tooth and Nail with Man City to come to Cardiff, although it is a very attractive offer by his Friend Lennon.

His heart is here and lennon should realise that.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 am

I can't see how this does favour Man City - Bellamy in last year of his contract so they will be contributing to his salary and then he will leave for free at end of season. What is the point of that he won't play for them again they might as well release him now rather than paying 30k a week or whatever for a seaon so he can play for someone else.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:51 am

To put it in perspective, analysts estimate a $1 increase on a barrel of oil adds US$1 billion in revenue to the United Arab Emirates so if Man City rip up his contract it has no material impact on the club as the owners are so wealthy they would not even notice
Come on home son :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 pm

bellamy and cardiff are ok its man city where the problem lies which puts it out of our hands :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Celtic love recruiting our players eh ? :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm

i'm really starting to hate celtic poaching all our f*cking players, if bellamy goes,
thats it for me,

celtic will be in line with swansea on my hate list

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:35 pm

I can't honestly see Craig going to Celtic on a deal that they would

1. Pay 85% of his wages, [Celtic would not be able to afford it]

2. Where is he going to train every week when he comes home to Cardiff [cant see Malky letting him train with us and
upsetting his plans.]

3 A player needs to train with his own team for tactics etc.

4. He would soon get fed up flying back and forth from Cardiff to Glasgow.

It just wont happeh

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:43 pm

canton blue wrote:I can't honestly see Craig going to Celtic on a deal that they would

2. Where is he going to train every week when he comes home to Cardiff [cant see Malky letting him train with us and
upsetting his plans.]

It just wont happeh

Celtic are Saving on Transfer Fees and Signing on Fee,Also of course it helps Man City, Do you honestly Believe Bellamy would play for nothing and walk out on a Basic £70,000 a week ?, BE HONEST, that was Mark Bloomy reporting and twisting words,

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
canton blue wrote:I can't honestly see Craig going to Celtic on a deal that they would

upsetting his plans.]

It just wont happeh

Celtic are Saving on Transfer Fees and Signing on Fee,Also of course it helps Man City, Do you honestly Believe Bellamy would play for nothing and walk out on a Basic £70,000 a week ?, BE HONEST, that was Mark Bloomy reporting and twisting words,

annis your right 100% on that

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Ian Trumps Blue Army wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

upsetting his plans.]

It just wont happeh

annis your right 100% on that

Cheers, The wages will then work out Cheap to Celtic as they Have then Saved on everything else and at the same-time got a CLASS PLAYER.

I do agree I would get fed up of travelling back and for But Bells has done it all his life,he is a traveller.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 pm

hate to say i could see him going to celtic but if we don't get bellamy but get maybe few more players with bellers wages i won't complain to be honest.

just my opinion.

Re: " Bellamy & Celtic "

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 pm

But how is he going to train in the week without a team to train with if he comes home. Certainly Malky wont let him train with us and disrupt his team and plans.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Celtics highest payed player is on 30k per week. So I cant see them paying Bellamy 50k plus a week when he wont even train with them as he will be home in Cardiff during the week. Sounds a pathetic deal on Celtics part.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:21 am

If you read Carefully the papers TWISTED it, Of course he is not willing to give up £4 Mill in wages,You would have to be a Mad Man, PLEASE EVERYONE BE HONEST WITH THEM SELVES .