Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WATFORD OFFICIALLY SAY," LETS HOPE THIS STOPS HERE "

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 pm

NEWS: COWIE SIGNS FOR CARDIFF
Posted on: Fri 01 Jul 2011

DON COWIE has this afternoon joined Cardiff City.

The Hornets had offered the midfielder new and improved terms earlier in 2011, however Malky Mackay has recruited the Scot today.

"Our manager made a decision to leave this football club," said Watford chairman Graham Taylor.

"Speaking on behalf of the owner and the Board of Watford FC, we are both surprised and disappointed to learn of Cardiff City's continued advances for this football club's personnel.

"Don Cowie becomes the fifth person to have joined Cardiff City from Watford this summer - when we add Malky to three members of staff and now a very talented player.

"Let's hope it stops here."

Added Taylor of the 28-year-old player's situation: "The club has been engaged in the process of negotiating with Don Cowie's representative for some months now.

"A clause in his contract meant we guaranteed to offer the player a further year with us once our Championship status was secured.

"A deal could not be struck however, and this is clearly a big part of the problem when a manager leaves. He takes all the detailed player contract knowledge with him."

Manager Sean Dyche was quick to praise Cowie's contribution to the Hornets' cause.

"He's been fantastic for us here - both as a player and a person off the pitch. It's been an absolute please to work with him," he said.

"We made as good an offer as we possibly could," added Dyche.

"Don's very well thought of at Watford and I have a huge respect for what he's achieved for us."

Re: " WATFORD OFFICIALLY SAY," LETS HOPE THIS STOPS HERE "

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 pm

good news for us...with all the watford staff and players coming here...think we will all have to start wearing yellow :D

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 pm

GREAT SIGNING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Watford post:

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... /THIEF.png :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Warrior wrote:Malky is going to become a hated figure by Watford fans, what reception will he get at Vicarage road ?

Read some posts on here :lol:

http://www.wfcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Einstein wrote:
Warrior wrote:Malky is going to become a hated figure by Watford fans, what reception will he get at Vicarage road ?

Brendan Rogers STILL THE MOST HATED EX MANAGER THOUGH.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Einstein wrote:

Brendan Rogers STILL THE MOST HATED EX MANAGER THOUGH.

Why do they hate him so much? :boxing:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Brendan Rogers STILL THE MOST HATED EX MANAGER THOUGH.[/quote]

Why do they hate him so much? :boxing:[/quote]

I Dont know, A good question, Why ?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 pm

whatever next ELTON JOHN :D

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Brendan Rogers STILL THE MOST HATED EX MANAGER THOUGH.

Why do they hate him so much? :boxing:[/quote]

I Dont know, A good question, Why ?[/quote]

A week before he left to go to Reading he told the fans he was 100% comitted to Watford. Then he took Jobi McAnuff with him to Reading.

He was quoted as saying:
I'm offended when people question my integrity about the Reading job, you know. It upsets me. I'm loyal, 100% committed, as I said.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:

A week before he left to go to Reading he told the fans he was 100% comitted to Watford. Then he took Jobi McAnuff with him to Reading.

He was quoted as saying:
I'm offended when people question my integrity about the Reading job, you know. It upsets me. I'm loyal, 100% committed, as I said.[/quote]

Jack b*stard :old:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:

He was quoted as saying:
I'm offended when people question my integrity about the Reading job, you know. It upsets me. I'm loyal, 100% committed, as I said.[/quote]

Indeed. That's why he's known as Mr Integrity round here. He also took Rasiak & almost got Tommy Smith (but Portsmouth sneaked in and made an offer when he was on his way to sign for Reading!). So having been highly critical of Rodgers at the time, Mackay has done worse.

Still, I'm sure it's highly amusing to all of you.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 pm

anotherhornet wrote:
MyNameIsAled wrote:

I Dont know, A good question, Why ?

He was quoted as saying:

Indeed. That's why he's known as Mr Integrity round here. He also took Rasiak & almost got Tommy Smith (but Portsmouth sneaked in and made an offer when he was on his way to sign for Reading!). So having been highly critical of Rodgers at the time, Mackay has done worse.

Still, I'm sure it's highly amusing to all of you.[/quote]

CHEERS and I Can understand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:whatever next ELTON JOHN :D

f**k that! You have to draw the line somewhere Baz :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:56 pm

lewis91 wrote:good news for us...with all the watford staff and players coming here...think we will all have to start wearing yellow :D

coooooooooooome oooooooooon yooooooooooou yeeeeeeeeeeelllloooowwws :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 pm

I can understand the watford frustration and do feel for them. But its happened to us enough in the past and this is the cut throat world of football shit happens. I'd be fuming mind

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 pm

guinness1927 wrote:I can understand the watford frustration and do feel for them. But its happened to us enough in the past and this is the cut throat world of football shit happens. I'd be fuming mind

I haven't got a clue what you wrote i'm still admiring your avatar :D

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 am

blueheaven wrote:
guinness1927 wrote:I can understand the watford frustration and do feel for them. But its happened to us enough in the past and this is the cut throat world of football shit happens. I'd be fuming mind

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
blueheaven wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Same here just spilt my tea and switched web pages as my 9 year old walked in :oops: