Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Flower of Scotland....

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Im more than happy with some of these signings and am really looking forward to the new season...

Given that vast majority of our side is now of Celtic Origin I do wonder whether we should all learn the words to "Flower of Scotland!"

Similar meaning to some of the anti-English songs (which I personally dont like) but less aggressive - and will be rousing to our Scottish Brethren at the same time!!!

Re: Flower of Scotland....

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Would love to hear The Flower of Scotland ringing around the CCS in honour of our Scots in the team :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:03 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Would love to hear The Flower of Scotland ringing around the CCS in honour of our Scots in the team :ayatollah:

That's ridiculous, it's a Jock egg song ffs!

Malaysian flags, jock egg songs, Polish type chants, I fecking despair :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:Would love to hear The Flower of Scotland ringing around the CCS in honour of our Scots in the team :ayatollah:

I think you'll find it's the Scottish National Anthem... Do you sing the Welsh national anthem because it's sung at the rugby as well as the football? :|

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

I think you'll find it's the Scottish National Anthem... Do you sing the Welsh national anthem because it's sung at the rugby as well as the football? :|

No, and I've never heard the Welsh anthem down the city neither.

Have you?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:26 pm

It's sung at our football internationals too mate. Think it's a bit of a dirge to be honest. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Was also sung for Ross McCormack when he was down here I do remember, the words were changed to "Oh Ross Of Scotland, When Will We See..."