Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hundred and fifty grand

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 pm

that whats chopra owed in loans before he left and had men after him he needed the signing on fee at ipswich to pay them he also was always trying to borrow off players so the echo is wrong

Re: hundred and fifty grand

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:04 pm

George99 wrote:that whats chopra owed in loans before he left and had men after him he needed the signing on fee at ipswich to pay them he also was always trying to borrow off players so the echo is wrong

How much did the Echo say he owed £100 or so :?:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

what u on about

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 pm

echo didnt tell you they were going to brek his legs if he didnt pay

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Are you having an arguement with yourself? :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeh this is correct. Chopra owed a lot of money to the wrong sort of people and as Annis said earlier in the week the malaysians helped him out a lot! . The Malaysians actually liked Chopra which is why they helped him they didn't want him gone because they simply didn't like him they wanted him gone because of how much shit he was in and it was a bad influence in the dressing room and mainly to the younger players. And as I said when Annis told us all about the malaysians helping him out there is more to this story which would be unfair on Chopra to be said on here .

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Its all very sad really as he really did love playing for this club.

I was amazed when I heard Chop's agent saying that he wanted to go to Ipswich, for god's sake why would he want to go to Ipswich of all places? Then a few days later I heard both parties had eagerly pounced on the offer as (1) the club had come to the conclusion that he had become too much of a liability and a disruptive influence within the club with his gambling habits getting worse and worse and (2) Chops did indeed owe in excess of £100K in serious gambling debts and his agent was able to negotiate a signing on fee with Ipswich that would clear this debt.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Ipswich. I assume they must have known about the issues he has had and that they felt confident they could sort him out. If they can then they will have one hell of a player but somehow I just can't see him being happy there. In his mind he will know full well that he blew it here, from being worshiped and admired to being held responsible for the promotion push faltering. I really hope I am wrong, but for a man with current serious issues, I fear that his career and possibly his life will only go downhill from here.

Best of luck Chops. Thanks for the memories.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:37 pm

George99 wrote:that whats chopra owed in loans before he left and had men after him he needed the signing on fee at ipswich to pay them he also was always trying to borrow off players so the echo is wrong

How would you know how much he owed?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:50 pm

canton blue wrote:

How would you know how much he owed?

cos i do

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Good luck Chops will never forget the Jacks winner ! :ayatollah: