Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Michael Chopra and Jay Bothroyd........

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Man up boys!

Jay. Cardiff took a chance on you mate. You were a journeyman with a bad reputation fella. You couldnt stay anywhere for 5 minutes mate. You only scored 34 goals in 184 games before you came here. You didnt exactly set the world alight.

You disrespected the Arsenal shirt but people forgive that, you were only young. And the racist abuse you recieved in Italy was bang out of order.

Charlton released you, Crystal Palace didnt want you

So you went to Wolves, didnt exactly go brilliant there either did you despite a good start, whats the reason Mick decided to bring in Ebanks-Blake and Doyle, you obviously were not impressing. So you went off to Stoke on loan and only played 4 times, they went up to the Premiership, but they didnt sign you mate did they.

So off to Cardiff where in my opinion we took a gamble, you have bags of ability Jay, you were one of my favourite players of the past few seasons. The fans gave you nothing but support mate, dont turn on the fans now because some have a difference of opinion with you.

You dont have to prove anyone wrong Jay, you need to prove YOURSELF right!. Good luck Jay, dont pick the wrong club, take your time, I know you are. Dont say Cardiff Fans didnt appreciate you mate, WE DID, appreciation works both ways. You have gone now, let the memories be happy, dont slag us off in the Press.. :ayatollah:

Chops, Chops, Chops.

Whats that coming over the hill? You were a star mate, a proper gem. When we signed you I was chuffed to bits, You turned out to be class. The times were good, the memories live long. Dont ruin it mate. We gave you a chance mate, we gave you the first team football you craved, you repayed us with a hatfull of goals.

You left us then mate, nobody begrudged you that, we were dissapointed but we didnt stand in your way of a dream move back to the Premier League and back to the North East. We all wished you well and watched you playing for Sunderland on the TV.

Things didnt work out at Sunderland and we welcomed you back with open arms mate, we gave you everything, we supported you through your problems. Cardiff fans always chanted your name and you were a hero to us fella.

You clearly have issues in your personal life that has now angered some Cardiff fans because they dont like the stories of you out on the lash etc, you didnt look fit mate, im not an expert but you looked like you were carrying some extra weight in the Play Off Game at Reading. Im not sure your head was there was it mate? You, like Jay have gone now, good luck to you. I hope you have a succesful time at Ipswich (not to succesfull mind) and sort your 'stuff' out.

Dont slag us off in the press mate, come on, its proper lame, ooh ooh, some nasty men gave me grief on the Internet. Your a man mate, you can take stuff like that. Mark Hudson has had the worst stick Iv seen since Spencor Prior and you dont see him slagging the fans off.

I think your looking for exscuses mate, to mask the real reasons why your time here ended, dont be bitter, dont hate the fans, the fans loved you Chops, remember the good times, and good luck.. :ayatollah:

Re: FAO Michael Chopra and Jay Bothroyd........

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm

spot on top post agree with everything :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm

nicky evans wrote:spot on top post agree with everything :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 pm

GREAT POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 pm

haha a cracking read that :ayatollah: lets just hope jay & chops pop on to see it :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Very good post and a very honest and true evaluation of both players.

although, you didn't say Mate enough times for your standards! :lol: ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:45 pm

Merlin wrote:Very good post and a very honest and true evaluation of both players.

Merlin mate, thanks mate, glad you enjoyed the post mate, im off now mate,
have a good one mate.

:oops: :lol: ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Good read that fella, would read it again mate. You made some very good points there fella and although they probably won't read it mate what you said was spot on fella ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm

I like this post too, just asked the mrs her opinion, she read it, then asked WTF is that all about?? i told her 2 CCFC players, it was then i felt the potato peeler run down the back of my head, nasty bitch..... ;)

Great post mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:04 pm

That was a cracking post Mate. You hit the nail on the head Mate. Sorry Mate you should be Chief Mate i won't make that mistake again Mate i mean Chief. PS Chief Mate i agreed with everything you said. MATE :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Very sensible and balanced post! Couldn't agree more!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:19 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Man up boys!

Jay. Cardiff took a chance on you mate. You were a journeyman with a bad reputation fella. You couldnt stay anywhere for 5 minutes mate. You only scored 34 goals in 184 games before you came here. You didnt exactly set the world alight.

You disrespected the Arsenal shirt but people forgive that, you were only young. And the racist abuse you recieved in Italy was bang out of order.

So you went to Wolves, didnt exactly go brilliant there either did you despite a good start, whats the reason Mick decided to bring in Ebanks-Blake and Doyle, you obviously were not impressing. So you went off to Stoke on loan and only played 4 times, they went up to the Premiership, but they didnt sign you mate did they.

So off to Cardiff where in my opinion we took a gamble, you have bags of ability Jay, you were one of my favourite players of the past few seasons. The fans gave you nothing but support mate, dont turn on the fans now because some have a difference of opinion with you.

You dont have to prove anyone wrong Jay, you need to prove YOURSELF right!. Good luck Jay, dont pick the wrong club, take your time, I know you are. Dont say Cardiff Fans didnt appreciate you mate, WE DID, appreciation works both ways. You have gone now, let the memories be happy, dont slag us off in the Press.. :ayatollah:

Chops, Chops, Chops.

Whats that coming over the hill? You were a star mate, a proper gem. When we signed you I was chuffed to bits, You turned out to be class. The times were good, the memories live long. Dont ruin it mate. We gave you a chance mate, we gave you the first team football you craved, you repayed us with a hatfull of goals.

You left us then mate, nobody begrudged you that, we were dissapointed but we didnt stand in your way of a dream move back to the Premier League and back to the North East. We all wished you well and watched you playing for Sunderland on the TV.

Things didnt work out at Sunderland and we welcomed you back with open arms mate, we gave you everything, we supported you through your problems. Cardiff fans always chanted your name and you were a hero to us fella.

You clearly have issues in your personal life that has now angered some Cardiff fans because they dont like the stories of you out on the lash etc, you didnt look fit mate, im not an expert but you looked like you were carrying some extra weight in the Play Off Game at Reading. Im not sure your head was there was it mate? You, like Jay have gone now, good luck to you. I hope you have a succesful time at Ipswich (not to succesfull mind) and sort your 'stuff' out.

Dont slag us off in the press mate, come on, its proper lame, ooh ooh, some nasty men gave me grief on the Internet. Your a man mate, you can take stuff like that. Mark Hudson has had the worst stick Iv seen since Spencor Prior and you dont see him slagging the fans off.

I think your looking for exscuses mate, to mask the real reasons why your time here ended, dont be bitter, dont hate the fans, the fans loved you Chops, remember the good times, and good luck.. :ayatollah:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant!!! Nail firmly hit on head!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Best post on this forum this year. Well said first class, enjoyed reading that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Cracking post! Although if the last few days are anything to go by it will fall on deaf ears because the pair of them are too far up their own arses to listen to reason - like you say theres a reason why neither of them have truly settled anywhere... :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:46 pm

my little girl (2) saw all the :ayatollah: 's on the screen and now she's running round doing the ayatollah :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Cheers Lads, I mean Mates, and Chiefs mate, alrite Nukes Cheif nice one mate.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Spot on :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:19 pm

fantastic post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Good post mate, agree with your sentiments. We all know we loved Chops and Jay and this shit can only tarnish or sour our memories. Dignity and respect is what is called for, all round. I will keep an eye out for both in their future careers and want them to do well and it hurts that players who were highly regarded by us fans have negatives towards us. Maybe it's this internet age but even our poor players of the past (of which there were many) received the respect of our fans. parting is such sweet sorrow...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm

TOP POST MATE :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:09 pm

yea good post mate mate mate :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Merlin wrote:Very good post and a very honest and true evaluation of both players.

haha :D

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:15 pm

dont think chops was bitter. it was vodka. red bull :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:23 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Man up boys!

Chops, Chops, Chops.

Great post :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Great post mate, i hope they both read it
and i wish them all the best for the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:35 pm

maaaaaate.good post. bothroyd would have so much more to offer if his attitude was better. he is boarder line champ/prem player but with a diff attitude he could have been a good asset to many premiership clubs.
we all know what chopra is capable of and although he says he doesn't go mad when he goes out etc..i think is not true but the players have a right to go out like everyone else does...but i think some of the things he continues to do will hinder him for a long time. i hope he can get sort it out because he has done it before, but he is a great player and has done wonders at city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Its not often that I post on here, although I read virtually everything. I have to say this is one of the best posts I have read for a long time - a contender for THE best - really hope word of this post reaches messrs Chopra & Bothroyd...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm

Feck the two of them.

Ruined our best chance for promotion. Very unproffesional when it mattered the most.

Good post though by the OP.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Spot on there, esp about Mark Hudson who just gets on with his life/game.

Good luck guys but remember Chops, Jewell isn't as tolerante as Jonsey.

As for Bothroyd if QPR is true as with Jewell, Warnock will the same. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: