Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones next job ...?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Wonder where he'll end up - not many (if any) jobs available at the moment in this country that would suit his requirements - according to the article linked below (towards the end) he was one of ‘several foreign coaches’ in line for the job as manager of the Thailand national team but didn't get it.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/06/30/a-busy-time-for-mackay-at-city-91466-28962250/

Re: Dave Jones next job ...?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 pm

PR is at Plymouth isn he...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:23 pm

RFMH wrote:PR is at Plymouth isn he...

:lol:

Which PR are you referring to? There are two PRs at Plymouth - Peter Reid (manager) and the one I guess you're referring to. ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Turned down by Thailand :lol: deary deary me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Lorry driver for Tesco :D :D

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 pm

No where for another year

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Good luck to him I say.

Tinhat on.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Shelf stacking in tesco's in this part of the world as he calls it :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Possibly can't take another job while still being paid by Cardiff. Not sure of the usual way these things work but I'm sure the same situation has happened with other managers when they have been sacked and still being paid what is owed to them by their former club under the terms of agreement when sacked. There again perhaps I'm talking a load of bollocks.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Assistant manager at Cardiff City lol

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:12 pm

it will make no diffrence to dave as he will always "dust himself down and get on with it" :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:37 pm

greenkeeper,on the 19th hole :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 am

DJ can afford to wait for the 'right job' with the wages we're still paying him....

He has a big 'family' year with both his daughters entering important life phases and he won't want to be too far away from his home....

Perhaps he's holding out for Brenda's job down west when they're bottom of the Premiership at Christmas, eh??

What a present that would be....for him and us!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: