Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PRE-SEASON TRAINING STARTS TOMORROW!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 am

We will have 13 senior players attending and two of them are goalkeepers, also three of them will probably be shipped out (gyepes, rae and taiwo) that leaves ten players which one of them is naylor!!! there will be no back room staff to train them apart from malky mackay, i know it,s not malkys fault and he needs time to bring players in but it wont look very good in the morning will it?? oh well, it,s five a side then tomorrow!!!!

Re: PRE-SEASON TRAINING STARTS TOMORROW!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:14 am

Think im going to go up for a nose. Iv got a feeling there will be a few new faces there

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:17 am

Double G wrote:Think im going to go up for a nose. Iv got a feeling there will be a few new faces there

Take your boots, we,re a bit thin on the ground!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:02 am

Dont think Bryncae Fc will let me ! Wez our chairman is now in Cardiff jail, thats where rumours of me signing was coming from :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:29 am

On the plus side the youngsters may train with the senior squad and show they maybe worth being in and around the squad this season!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 am

cityone wrote:We will have 13 senior players attending and two of them are goalkeepers, also three of them will probably be shipped out (gyepes, Rae and Taiwo) that leaves ten players which one of them is naylor!!! there will be no back room staff to train them apart from malky mackay, i know it,s not malkys fault and he needs time to bring players in but it wont look very good in the morning will it?? oh well, it,s five a side then tomorrow!!!!

Are Rae and Taiwo still with the club?

The squad shown on the official website shows 17 players and doesn't include Rae and Taiwo; Conway is not shown yet but I guess he'll be there making 18.

I would reckon 14 of these can be called senior players plus Wildig (who has played for first team) and Santiago, Meades and Jarvis.

Do agree though (although it's obvious and is surely being addressed) that quite a number of new players able to play at first team level are urgently needed.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:56 am

17 i make it

1 David Marshall Goalkeeper
2 Kevin McNaughton Defender
3 Lee Naylor Defender
5 Mark Hudson Defender
6 Gabor Gyepes Defender
7 Peter Whittingham Midfielder
10 Stephen McPhail Midfielder
12 Dekel Keinan Defender
14 Paul Quinn Defender
15 Anthony Gerrard Defender
16 Jon Parkin Striker
22 Tom Heaton Goalkeeper
23 Darcy Blake Midfielder
28 Aaron Wildig Midfielder
29 Jonathan Meades Midfielder
30 Jordan Santiago Goalkeeper
49 Nathaniel Jarvis Striker

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 am

Double G wrote:17 i make it

1 David Marshall Goalkeeper
2 Kevin McNaughton Defender
3 Lee Naylor Defender
5 Mark Hudson Defender
6 Gabor Gyepes Defender
7 Peter Whittingham Midfielder
10 Stephen McPhail Midfielder
12 Dekel Keinan Defender
14 Paul Quinn Defender
15 Anthony Gerrard Defender
16 Jon Parkin Striker
22 Tom Heaton Goalkeeper
23 Darcy Blake Midfielder
28 Aaron Wildig Midfielder
29 Jonathan Meades Midfielder
30 Jordan Santiago Goalkeeper
49 Nathaniel Jarvis Striker

Yeah - that's the 17 that are on the club's website; also Conway said in an interview on Cardiff City Player when he joined that he would be there on the 1st July.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 am

OOOPS Forgot about Conway :lol: Hes gonna be class i think.
Wheres Taiwo gone ? I know Rae was out of contract but know Taiwo isnt. Strange for him to disapear

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Double G wrote:Think im going to go up for a nose. Iv got a feeling there will be a few new faces there

what time do they train :?: :?: :?:

im thinkin the same that there cud be a few new faces :ayatollah: