Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LATEST ON TRANSFERS "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:23 pm

David Goodwillie still wants the move to Cardiff, Dundee Utd and Cardiff have agreed a fee but I understand that terms of payment have yet to be agreed.

There has been no contact between the two clubs since the fee being agreed. But I am told that City are waiting to hear the outcome of the court case which was due to be heard tomorrow but I don't think it has been posted elsewhere that the date for the hearing has been moved, I do not know the date but am told that it is likely to be a week's delay.

Regarding the case which was supposed to be tomorrow relates to the assault charge the player faces and not the rape charge.

Guess this one may run a little while longer.

Andrew Taylor will meet with Tony Mowbray tomorrow morning and will make his decision then but again I am informed that Taylor is very impressed with what he has seen at Cardiff. Mowbray has a job on his hands to keep hold of the player but I believe we will know by the end of this week what the outcome will be.

Earnshaw will meet with Steve Maclaren at the end of this week and becomes a free agent on Friday. Earnie wants to come to Cardiff.

Re: LATEST ON TRANSFERS

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Nice Carl.... Thanks for the news

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Cheers Carl! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 pm

i think we will lose goodwillie if he dont sign this week :roll: , hopefully taylor and earnie will sign :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks Carl, keep them coming
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks Carl any truth in the Bowyer and Bently rumours that they were both in Cardiff In and around the Stadium and Vale today ??

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Any other players in the pipeline Carl other than Goodwillie, Taylor and Earnie. We couldn't half do with a midfielder or two, a top keeper and one more striker to add to Goodwillie and Earnie.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Keep them coming Carl :ayatollah:

Re: " LATEST ON TRANSFERS "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:i think we will lose goodwillie if he dont sign this week :roll: , hopefully taylor and earnie will sign :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We will NOT lose Goodwillie thats for sure ;) we have more chance of losing Taylor than Goodie

Keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Cheers Carl, So the Court case has been moved, that means more delay.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 pm

I assume we were all expecting two signings this week perhaps it's a lot harder than we may have thought. At least we may be sticking to a budget this year and not turning people's heads with big big wages.

Have to be careful though with Leicester pulling all the stops out. We expected to be behind the likes of WHU and Brum but looks like Leicester could be joining the likes of Ipswich Forest and Southampton fighting against us.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

cheers carl i look forward to ur news always!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Wayne S wrote:I assume we were all expecting two signings this week perhaps it's a lot harder than we may have thought. At least we may be sticking to a budget this year and not turning people's heads with big big wages.

Have to be careful though with Leicester pulling all the stops out. We expected to be behind the likes of WHU and Brum but looks like Leicester could be joining the likes of Ipswich Forest and Southampton fighting against us.

Not sure about the Saints, who have they signed that we should consider them a promotion rival? I would guess mid table at best for the saints

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Nice 1 carl :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Carl, So the Court case has been moved, that means more delay.

You knew that you little tinker :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers Carl :D

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 pm

We're a couple of weeks from the first friendlies and we don't have a team....... I'm not worried but feel a little nervous :?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:I assume we were all expecting two signings this week perhaps it's a lot harder than we may have thought. At least we may be sticking to a budget this year and not turning people's heads with big big wages.

Wayne
I really was expecting at least 2 signings this week, so was Mackay, Hmm

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:13 pm

lets hope theres a lot more going on behind the scenes.
we need 4 midfield players and 2 strikers at least. :old:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Carl, are City getting cold feet?

It seems strange for City to wait for the outcome of a prelimary assult hearing, when the rape charge is still pending. The assult case could plod on for a long time yet.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Cheers good update :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks for the update Carl.

Much appreciated.

Further to the update, regarding Earnie.

I would love to see Earnshaw in a Cardiff shirt again, I think the lad still has bags of ability and is a class act at this level. It seems clear than Earnie wants to come home to Cardiff but does anyone know if the feelings are mutual, ie that Cardiff are actualy keen on Earnie and that Malky wants him.

Cheers

MFTHWL. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Not sure about the Saints, who have they signed that we should consider them a promotion rival? I would guess mid table at best for the saints

I do quite agree but there is usually a team that comes up and flies throuGh the division. With their crowd sizes I just thought it may be the Saints this year

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 pm

as good as dg sounds this court case could be a nightmare... while ongoing, we could also miss out on other key players..

i think we need to sort a pay structure out to dundee utd imminently covering our arse if it backfires... if we cannot reach an agreement then i think we need to move swiftly in the market and look at players like mackail smith, billy sharpe maybe and even offering a contract to jay and focusing on pairing him with bellers or earnie...

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:David Goodwillie still wants the move to Cardiff, Dundee Utd and Cardiff have agreed a fee but I understand that terms of payment have yet to be agreed.

There has been no contact between the two clubs since the fee being agreed. But I am told that City are waiting to hear the outcome of the court case which was due to be heard tomorrow but I don't think it has been posted elsewhere that the date for the hearing has been moved, I do not know the date but am told that it is likely to be a week's delay.

Regarding the case which was supposed to be tomorrow relates to the assault charge the player faces and not the rape charge.

Guess this one may run a little while longer.

Andrew Taylor will meet with Tony Mowbray tomorrow morning and will make his decision then but again I am informed that Taylor is very impressed with what he has seen at Cardiff. Mowbray has a job on his hands to keep hold of the player but I believe we will know by the end of this week what the outcome will be.

Earnshaw will meet with Steve Maclaren at the end of this week and becomes a free agent on Friday. Earnie wants to come to Cardiff.

Cheers mate, I wonder if Malky rates Earnie and if he would take him :?: :?: :?: :?:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Patience is a virtue ! :old: :lol: :ayatollah: