Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

USER REMINDER - POST WARNINGS \!/

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 pm

It is of my opinion (and a few other peoples) that this forum should not be a "members only Forum" - As Carl mentioned in a recent post below - it would limit and hinder away fans/other teams fans coming onto the board, and as we know, we have met alot of good posters from other boards/clubs (QPR/Watford/Ipswich/Wednesday) etc etc ..... So ->

What I would like to say to the posters here is that attached to every post made on the board there is a "report post" icon (which is and exclamtion mark [!] in an upside down triangle above the post). When a user clicks that icon - the post is flagged and highlighted to Moderators of the forum. Please use this facility if you want a post looked at, as it will help to reduce the spamming and sniping on the board and can be edited/removed very quickly this way. Sometimes there will be periods that there may not be a moderator available - but as soon as one of us log in - we can immediately notice the flagged topics/threads/posts - and deal with them. :ayatollah:

Thank you people. :D

Re: USER REMINDER - POST/THREAD WARNINGS

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Merlin wrote:It is of my opinion (and a few other peoples) that this forum should not be a "members only Forum" - As Carl mentioned in a recent post below - it would limit and hinder away fans/other teams fans coming onto the board, and as we know, we have met alot of good posters from other boards/clubs (QPR/Watford/Ipswich/Wednesday) etc etc ..... So ->

What I would like to say to the posters here is that attached to every post made on the board there is a "report post" icon (which is and exclamtion mark [!] in an upside down triangle above the post). When a user clicks that icon - the post is flagged and highlighted to Moderators of the forum. Please use this facility if you want a post looked at, as it will help to reduce the spamming and sniping on the board and can be edited/removed very quickly this way. Sometimes there will be periods that there may not be a moderator available - but as soon as one of us log in - we can immediately notice the flagged topics/threads/posts - and deal with them. :ayatollah:

Something needs to be done Craig. All ideas are welcome even if they are not the right ones. But the suggestions need to keep coming :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Steve, I know and agree with you mate. But we both know the facility to flag posts for warnings is already available, sometimes I think people forget they are there? OK, maybe not all posts WILL be deleted by Moderators, depending on their content, but the warning facility is there for a reason. If anyone spots any sniping, bad mouthing or down right indecent or racist remarks, the appropriate action WILL be taken. :ayatollah:

p.s. Keep the Polls coming! :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 pm

thanks for that craig all my posts and i didnt know that was there :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Merlin wrote:It is of my opinion (and a few other peoples) that this forum should not be a "members only Forum" - As Carl mentioned in a recent post below - it would limit and hinder away fans/other teams fans coming onto the board, and as we know, we have met alot of good posters from other boards/clubs (QPR/Watford/Ipswich/Wednesday) etc etc ..... So ->

So that's where it is!!! I keep meaning to ask as I couldn't find it when I wanted to report a post some time ago

Watch out moderators!!!!!

Much better to use this than this ridiculous members only idea that comes up again and again and again

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 am

yes bloody sir :roll:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 am

The biggest problem though Craig is people getting banned then re registering with new user names etc ...... thats what needs to be addressed but dont ask me how though :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:42 am

Vintage 63 wrote:The biggest problem though Craig is people getting banned then re registering with new user names etc ...... thats what needs to be addressed but dont ask me how though :lol:

I'm no IT expert, but if they re-register using the same computer, isn't there an IP address or something that an account can be traced to?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:09 am

Fair play to all mods, there is a lot of work goes in to this board, without the spammers! With them it must be even more of a pain in the arse! Thank you all!

Mind, with the 6 figure salary Annis pays you all, you should be working hard! :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 am

The 1st time I ever met Carl was at the home Leicester FA Cup match season before last ....... he was constantly on his fone monitoring the mesage board coz TLG and Sludge I think were having a bit of an online ding dong :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 am

Weii said :ayatollah: Good to see you got your job back :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 am

Vintage 63 wrote:The biggest problem though Craig is people getting banned then re registering with new user names etc ...... thats what needs to be addressed but dont ask me how though :lol:

If necessary Martyn, we can ban both the user ID and the IP Address ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:38 am

So Craig can you confirm or deny that " Bothaldo " and " Big Boss Man " are banned posters currently back in disguise ? :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

Vintage 63 wrote:So Craig can you confirm or deny that " Bothaldo " and " Big Boss Man " are banned posters currently back in disguise ? :lol:

Sorry Martyn - I can not disclose such classified information with you! ;)

The board will be monitored with your greatest concerns at heart! :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:10 pm

i am on the admin panel of a fishing forum and banned members can easily be sussed if they try and get back on..

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm not sure if I might have hit the exclamation mark once or twice by accident. I've been browsing the site on my mobile and sometimes when I'm scrolling I accidentily hit them. apologies!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

I'm not sure if I might have hit the exclamation mark once or twice by accident. I've been browsing the site on my mobile and sometimes when I'm scrolling I accidentily hit them. apologies!

Are you taking the biscuit! I've dealt with your raised concerns - and the topic will remain!!! :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 pm

watch out lads...merlin has his moderator status back :o :shock:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 pm

would it be possible for 1 person to have just 1 identity,except daya can have 2 :D :ayatollah:

Re: USER REMINDER - POST WARNINGS \!/

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:08 am

I bumped this to remind all the children arguing and moaning on here about personal comments! There is a way to report posts using the method mentioned in the very 1st post in this thread! The moderators WILL respond to reported posts! Obviously from time to time we will see posts ourselves that need immediate editing or removal! Some posts do pass us by - but if there are posts that offend you and you avoid reporting those posts then how are we suppose to act upon them.

This is a sensible football message board and some people here need to grow up and stop acting like children in a playground.

Enjoy your day and the weather - Craig. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:14 am

Can we have a "Sod reporting this, Ima gonna sue yo ass" button?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 am

nerd wrote:Can we have a "Sod reporting this, Ima gonna sue yo ass" button?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:31 am

krab wrote:would it be possible for 1 person to have just 1 identity,except daya can have 2 :D :ayatollah:

There would be no practical way to enforce this. Besides, when those running the board can have multiple accounts, why shouldn't others?! :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:39 am

can we have a "I'm really sensitive and can't deal with the fact someone on the internet has a diffrent opinion to me, mummy wheres my milk" button

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:25 am

CarmarthenBluebird wrote:

can we have a "I'm really sensitive and can't deal with the fact someone on the internet has a diffrent opinion to me, mummy wheres my milk" button

I think this is a must.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:So Craig can you confirm or deny that " Bothaldo " and " Big Boss Man " are banned posters currently back in disguise ? :lol:

i can deny that. although my original bothaldo name has been banned for some reason, dont know why.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Bothaldo2 wrote:

i can deny that. although my original bothaldo name has been banned for some reason, dont know why.

I don't even know what any of this refers to Martyn! :? :lol:

Must of been when I was offline! :old: