Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SERIOUS QUESTION FOR US ALL AS FANS ? "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Good post. I hate this abusing of players on the internet and hope it stops. We are all on the same side and that sort of behaviour can only be destructive. City fans have always had a great rapport with the players and vice-versa, even when they were shite we would always clap and sing at the end (especially away). :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

moonboots wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I think its obvious now that the players read these boards, in the case
of Chopra and Bothroyd, its now obvious that some of the abuse they
had been getting affected them, pissed them off. We are not all of us
thick-skinned, thats just a fact of life, some people react badly to being
called a cunnt, tw*t, wanker, virus, scum etc etc etc etc.

We pay our money, its a free country, we are all entitled to our opinions.

But if you thought for one minute that giving a player foul-mouthed abuse
on here would lead to him and his mates in the dressing room closing ranks
and thinking 'f**k the fans if thats how they want to be', if you thought it
could affect performances on the pitch....

would you blame them? What else can they do? they cant come on here and
have a go back can they??

The players never come over and applaud the fans, we were pissed off and
thought Dave Jones should tell them to do it?

But what if they just never wanted to do it? Cos they thought we were two-faced
fuckers who couldnt wait to get pissed up and slag them off on the Internet?

We have a new era starting, new players, new manager, new backroom boys...

Annis rightly refers to the 80's, the players were OURS, and we were theirs..
they might get the odd slagging off when they were useless, and they often were...
But Cardiff City players and fans had a togetherness, we were like one big nutty
family....

Yeah, but in those days there was no internet....and if there was the players would still have got plenty of stick. There is not much doubt about that.

"John Jones", Cardiff City Footballer might be a cunnt, but he's OUR cunnt...

Get it??

A bit like the players "the fans might be hooligans, but they're OUR hooligans..."

We used to have players that would bust a gut for us. Now? can you imagine how
damaging it might be if when a lad has a bad game hes thinking "f**k me i'll
get it on the internet tonight!!"

I'm never slagging our players off again, not for jacks, wurzels, cockneys or
anyone else to see!!!

CCFC - ONE LOVE :D

I understand the sentiment of what you are saying but we live in a different world now where ordinary fans can make their opinions heard to a wide range of people on a wide range of subjects. If players choose to look on here or any other forum they must expect to take the rough with the smooth. It's just a fact of everyday life. And I don't think it's any different at ANY other club TBH. :ayatollah:

Wanna bet!!

Man Utd dont.

They have a certain reverence and respect for anyone wearing that United shirt.
They see themselves as 'United against the world'.... Thats class. and i hate Man Utd.

All the big clubs stick by their players through thick and thin, it goes with the
territory. You love your club, so you put up everything that comes with it...
including failure from time to time.

Our new support has no class.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

You'd think a person that earns 21 grand a week for playing football for a living would have better things to do than read the press on themselves. I have chopra on my facebook friends list, the real one I might add, and some of the pages he is 'a fan if' or 'likes' are gambling sites! Hmm not good.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am

taffyapple, you are, of course, correct....

But it still won't stopthe feckless arseholes who are intent on destabilising (a) the club and (b) this great MB from carrying on with their sad agendas....

To cease would mean that they have THOUGHT about their actions and there's NO CHANCE of that!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am

taffyapple, you are, of course, correct....

But it still won't stopthe feckless arseholes who are intent on destabilising (a) the club and (b) this great MB from carrying on with their sad agendas....

To cease would mean that they have THOUGHT about their actions and there's NO CHANCE of that!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:55 am

IMO there's nought wrong with constructive criticism. In any walk of life be it work related, sport related or whatever nobody should be above a little bit of honest criticism, when it's given with respect then the recipient is more likely to accept it. Calling someone a fat useless c**t or a pisshead is fine if your avin a larf with yu mates, but using those terms or similar to describe someone representing your favourite football team over the internet where every Tom Dick and Arry can read it is definately not in the constructive criticism catergory. If someone has had a mare of a game it's not helpful for them to read shite about themselves written by someone who's pissed off because the City have lost, like I said constuctive..great, name calling..not so great.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:14 am

all this talk about messageboards upsetting players i can remember a few years ago when steve was chairman the players used to get upset about the marks out of ten given by the echo for the players performances.
at one stage it was that bad that they tried to get the echo to stop doing it.
chops might have had some stick off fans for his drinking and gambling habits but he was certainly supported 100% from the stands everytime he wore the shirt.
Compare his situation to the one ashley cole was in where he was being booed every time he touched the ball in england international fixture's.
i agree that we should not abuse players but in reality chops needs to man up here because you dont have the other players coming out and moaning about this type of thing.
as an example just look on both boards for the varying opinions on whitts

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:51 am

Good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 am

To blame messageboards for a lack of morale in the changing room is frankly absurd.
Personally if i was being paid 20k a week you could all call me what the hell you wanted as i wouldent give two shits for your opinions.

We are entitled to voice our criticism at players yes, but with cardiff it seems to verge on redicuous the abuse some fans give players.
You say you'd take any abuse thrown at you for 20k a wk? Until it happens you cant say that.
I bet you 20k id get you to snap in less than a week :D

The abuse should stay in the pub/office/house and not be plastered over an open messageboard or social network site where it can easily be read.
Not saying stuff like 'conway had a quiet game,could of passed..' should stop..just sometimes its like fans are out to attack the players..given the chance 90% wouldnt have the minerals to say it to the players faces

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 am

steve davies wrote:all this talk about messageboards upsetting players i can remember a few years ago when steve was chairman the players used to get upset about the marks out of ten given by the echo for the players performances.
at one stage it was that bad that they tried to get the echo to stop doing it.
chops might have had some stick off fans for his drinking and gambling habits but he was certainly supported 100% from the stands everytime he wore the shirt.
Compare his situation to the one ashley cole was in where he was being booed every time he touched the ball in england international fixture's.
i agree that we should not abuse players but in reality chops needs to man up here because you dont have the other players coming out and moaning about this type of thing.
as an example just look on both boards for the varying opinions on whitts

Steve.
In the real world, if i fucked up in work and someone had a go at me, id take it
on the chin, my mistake. But if they started calling me a CUNNT, SCUM or a DISEASE..
then I'd be looking for another job, but not before I'd filled someone in. FACT :evil:

So our super-dooper "We pay our money we can say what we like" supporters can carry
on regardless, its a free country.

But dont be surprised if the players dont all rally round each other, dont be surprised
if they arent telling people like Naylor to "take no notice of the pricks"

.... and dont be surprised when they dont come over all gushing and thankful at the
end of every game.

They're allowed opinions too :dontknow:

Was Chopra a BIGGER tw*t for moaning to the papers than some on here for
calling him a diseased virus cuntt scum wanker???

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 am

You will always have people having a pop and a lot of them haven't got a bloody clue about football but it is only a small minority of a minority of our total support after all both MSGBs probably only account for at most 5% of our total support.

I personally don't agree with abusing players on a MSGB or booing them on the pitch as i believe it is counter productive and as long as a player gives 100% for the shirt that's good enough for me. After all we have had plenty of donkeys over the years and after seeing players like Kevin Meacock, Billy Woof and Toshack (Cameron not John :D ) represent this Club i know what i am talking about.

However if a player is not giving 100% and their antics off the pitch is effecting their performances on it then I think they leave themselves open to criticism and the instead of moaning about MSGB comments they need to take a long hard look at themselves and their committment to the Bluebirds shirt :old:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 am

great post Taffy, agree 100%... :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 am

blueheaven wrote:You will always have people having a pop and a lot of them haven't got a bloody clue about football but it is only a small minority of a minority of our total support after all both MSGBs probably only account for at most 5% of our total support.

I personally don't agree with abusing players on a MSGB or booing them on the pitch as i believe it is counter productive and as long as a player gives 100% for the shirt that's good enough for me. After all we have had plenty of donkeys over the years and after seeing players like Kevin Meacock, Billy Woof and Toshack (Cameron not John :D ) represent this Club i know what i am talking about.

However if a player is not giving 100% and their antics off the pitch is effecting their performances on it then I think they leave themselves open to criticism and the instead of moaning about MSGB comments they need to take a long hard look at themselves and their committment to the Bluebirds shirt :old:

i agree there mate. Leo The Lampost was possibly the most hilarious creature i've
ever seen in a City top, but I cheered and sang along and supported him same as
everyone else. The last few years have gone downhill for me. If the supporters
are not 100% behind the players, can they really complain if the players are not 100%
behind the fans???

The "We pay your wages" line dont wash with me... There's millions of people in
Britain dont enjoy summat about their job, and dont put their heart and soul into
it, thats just a fact!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 am

taffyapple wrote:
blueheaven wrote:You will always have people having a pop and a lot of them haven't got a bloody clue about football but it is only a small minority of a minority of our total support after all both MSGBs probably only account for at most 5% of our total support.

i agree there mate. Leo The Lampost was possibly the most hilarious creature i've
ever seen in a City top, but I cheered and sang along and supported him same as
everyone else. The last few years have gone downhill for me. If the supporters
are not 100% behind the players, can they really complain if the players are not 100%
behind the fans???

The "We pay your wages" line dont wash with me... There's millions of people in
Britain dont enjoy summat about their job, and dont put their heart and soul into
it, thats just a fact!!

Yeah we all need to pull together Fans,Players and Manager and become a team in the truest sense of the word because i believe it was that all for one and one for all team spirit that ultimately got both Norwich and The Jerks promoted last season :(

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 am

"the fans might be hooligans, but they're OUR hooligans..."

If any of our players came out and said that I'd want them to be sacked immediately.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:36 pm

OK does it work the other way around? Do threads describing McPhail as 'class' inspire him to break his 3 and half year scoring duck, because if it does I haven’t noticed?

Is it then not hypocritical to slag off the fans of our team once you have deserted the sinking ship like Chopra and Bothroyd have done if they feel it's so bad to do it to them?

The day I can't express my feelings on a public message which is designed for the FANS not the PLAYERS about a player who is under performing and/or not trying, or even worse goes out drinking within days of an important match which was crucial to our promotion chances then that is the day I throw my season ticket back at the club.

By all means get behind the team but by f**k any freeloaders will get what they deserve if they don’t give 100% effort on and off the pitch all the time.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:OK does it work the other way around? Do threads describing McPhail as 'class' inspire him to break his 3 and half year scoring duck, because if it does I haven’t noticed?

Is it then not hypocritical to slag off the fans of our team once you have deserted the sinking ship like Chopra and Bothroyd have done if they feel it's so bad to do it to them?

The day I can't express my feelings on a public message which is designed for the FANS not the PLAYERS about a player who is under performing and/or not trying, or even worse goes out drinking within days of an important match which was crucial to our promotion chances then that is the day I throw my season ticket back at the club.

By all means get behind the team but by f**k any freeloaders will get what they deserve if they don’t give 100% effort on and off the pitch all the time.

Tony I agree 100%.

but the abuse of players gets too much. and is having a
detrimental effect on the relationship between players
and fans. my opinion