Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

any web designers out there ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:41 pm

might be looking at setting up a website (for family member)...for commercial purposes. I see I need a name and to rent space p.a. from a hosting co. (quite cheap).....but for someone to actually design a site with pictures, links etc ...what sort of cost would I be looking at as a rough quide ?

if anyone in this field wants to drop me a pm that would be great.

Re: any web designers out there ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Yes Owain, Who designed Mine :ayatollah:

www.owain@hotmail.co.uk :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 am

Yes,Ideally Most of de designers is availabale here they should strive to write code that is valid HTML and CSS. In doing so it makes it easier to correct problems, and edit pages. HTML and CSS are the fundamental technologies for building Web pages.HTML (html and xhtml) for structure, CSS for style and layout, including WebFonts.web design can include conceptualization, planning, producing, post-production, research, advertising. The site itself can be divided into it pages. The site is navigated by using hyperlinks commonly these are blue and underlined but can be made to look like anything the designer wishes. Images can also be hyperlinks.

Website Hosting or Web Hosting is the process of storing, managing and maintaining files for one or more websites . There are two main types of website hosting, "Shared Hosting" and "Dedicated Hosting." Shared Hosting, a more cost-effective solution, is the act of sharing server space and bandwidth with other websites on the same server.

Web Design & Hosting

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 am

Have just done my own: www.therollingseas.com

Bought a programme called webplus x5 from Serif, download the starter edition first though because then you get a discount on the main version.

They also do a hosting package of around £5 a month wjere you can get your own domain name if the one you want is available. I've done everything with them as its quite simple and straightforward. The Programme is good, might take a little while to get used to it and get the best out of it if you're new to this stuff but I reckon its been a good investment on my part. Just need to get the hits now!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm

I work as a freelance designer.

www.tenbeta.com

Hit me up with an e-mail @ josh@tenbeta.com