Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parking on match days near the ccs

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Do anyone no where i could park on matchdays like a car park or a streets or whatever thats legal? Because i rang the ccs and asked about their car park and there was a waiting list apparently . And i cant see them letting people use asdas car park

Re: Parking on match days near the ccs

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:Do anyone no where i could park on matchdays like a car park or a streets or whatever thats legal? Because i rang the ccs and asked about their car park and there was a waiting list apparently . And i cant see them letting people use asdas car park

Don't bother with asda,try canton rugby club, Lawrenny Avenue .

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Cardiffcityfc wrote:Do anyone no where i could park on matchdays like a car park or a streets or whatever thats legal? Because i rang the ccs and asked about their car park and there was a waiting list apparently . And i cant see them letting people use asdas car park

And they dont complain if you park there is it?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

And they dont complain if you park there is it?

I used to park in Canton Rugby Club and never had a spot of bother. They love the City matches because of the revenue it brings in through bar takings.

If you are still worried you can get a year's membership for around £9 which will ensure you get a parking space.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I used to park in Canton Rugby Club and never had a spot of bother. They love the City matches because of the revenue it brings in through bar takings.

If you are still worried you can get a year's membership for around £9 which will ensure you get a parking space.[/quote]
Thanks for the advice. Is it usually quiet in their or am i better off getting the membership and who do i adk for that the rugby club owner?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 pm

no they dont because you cross thier palm with silver

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Lawrenny Avenue is the street leading to canton rugby club,that street is sound for parking. As long as you don't block anyone's drive you'll be ok :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I always park in asda/costco its close to the ground, dont worry about tickets, just bin them as they are unenforceable.....14 and counting so far in 2 seasons, around half of them have been dropped now :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:I used to park in Canton Rugby Club and never had a spot of bother. They love the City matches because of the revenue it brings in through bar takings.

If you are still worried you can get a year's membership for around £9 which will ensure you get a parking space.

Thanks for the advice. Is it usually quiet in their or am i better off getting the membership and who do i adk for that the rugby club owner?[/quote]

It can be busy and usually you can park without any need to pay. If you did want membership just ask for an application form from the bar staff

The one draw back though is getting out after the game which has taken me up to an hour.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:52 pm

pay a fiver you tight gits :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:49 pm

jinks-rct wrote:pay a fiver you tight gits :lol:

I would but havent you got to pay the 130 upfront?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:52 pm

I just park in the Grangetown area now. Used to park in Riverside but getting out of there is a b*stard now since we started regularly getting 21,000 plus attending. Anywhere from Sevenoaks Park upwards is ok provided you get there 1/2 hour or more before kick off. It's only a 10-15 minute walk to the ground as well. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:55 pm

jinks-rct wrote:pay a fiver you tight gits :lol:

I would but havent you got to pay the 130 upfront?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Bessemer market is £3 ,easy in & out 5 mins walk.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 pm

i pay a fiver a game at the running stadium

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 pm

jinks-rct wrote:i pay a fiver a game at the running stadium

Is that the one just across the main road?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Xcasual wrote:Lawrenny Avenue is the street leading to canton rugby club,that street is sound for parking. As long as you don't block anyone's drive you'll be ok :ayatollah:

Lawrenny Avenue is also full of residential parking only areas and many a bluebird has been booked for parking on the grass down there as well! :x

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -21847901/ :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Lawrenny Avenue, never been booked there.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 pm

I park on my drive - I live on Ninian Park :booty:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm

01443casual wrote:I park on my drive - I live on Ninian Park :booty:

You live in the new housing complex?

What are the houses like?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:

square, have roofs, some windows, generally warm.....made of brick :?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Xcasual wrote:Lawrenny Avenue is the street leading to canton rugby club,that street is sound for parking. As long as you don't block anyone's drive you'll be ok :ayatollah:

Lawrenny Avenue is also full of residential parking only areas and many a bluebird has been booked for parking on the grass down there as well! :x

Tell me about it £70 it cost me when we went out to reading.What a b*stard of a night that turned out to be. :(

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:

Too posh for you with that post code :lol:

Seriously, lovely. I am sat in my living room looking at the Ninian Stand, lovely :D

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:

square, have roofs, some windows, generally warm.....made of brick :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm

troobloo wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Tell me about it £70 it cost me when we went out to reading.What a b*stard of a night that turned out to be. :(

Yeah, i had the same £70 fine for parking on the grass verge in Lawrenny Avenue opposite the flats after the Reading game too. A parking ticket was not left on the car and I only had notification of the fine through the post today. Has anyone else only just received the fine without having the ticket?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 pm

01443casual wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:

Too posh for you with that post code :lol:

Seriously, lovely. I am sat in my living room looking at the Ninian Stand, lovely :D

Fantastic. I am jealous. You'd be surprised how far swansea i am....far enough haha.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 am

I'm a bus driver so I just park in the bus depot :D

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 am

At thye end of Lawrenny Avenue there is a five a side centre called The Gol, it is £4 to park but they give you a £4 voucher to spend behind the bar, which gives you the chance to relax, watch all the other scores and allow the traffic to disappear before you make your way home. If you have children thay will also allow them to use a five a side pitch for free on match days.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 am

We always park behind Tesco and Canton Community Centre ...... usually room if u get there before 1.30pm on Sats and 6.30pm for nite games .