Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bluebird till I die(new song I wrote for City)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:08 pm

A bit about me,I started watching City when I was about 9, I was taken to the games by the mother and father of my friend,he used to play for city ,you might know him.."Jason Perry",I lived in the same street as his Nan and we played football together at BTM FC so I am bluebird through and through.
I am a songwriter based in Caerphilly,I have worked with Top Welsh producer Greg Haver (manics,phonics + many more)Paul Gray (The Damned) and many others.....

Ive written a song for the team,not finished yet but you can hear a demo version here.[url][http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803/url]

I am hoping the club will take it on,I have run it by a few City fans and received a great response,I wanted to run it by this site and hope I can get your support.
It's called Bluebird till I die...hope you all like it....Nice one

Fave players.....Jason Perry,Earnie,Ronnie Bird and too many more to mention

Re: Bluebird till I die(new song I wrote for City)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803 If the link doesn't work copy and paste this in your browser.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:30 pm

thats excellent mate hats off to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

great song can't wait to see the finshed version

well done mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

That's great :D
Can't wait to hear the finalised version.
Get it on youtube to raise some more awarness. :ayatollah:

Surely Ali will be able to do something with this in the stad on matchday when the new season comes. :)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

fair play mate liked it.... my foot was tapping away. see if they can sell it as a single on the official club website and offer 50% to bellers wages ! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 pm

:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 pm

I like it mate well done that will go big with city fans catchy tune! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks for all the comments,if I could make enough from it to pay bellers i would believe me.It's the most nerve racking thing to put something like this song to people whose club means so much to them including myelf and the reponse has been overwhelming,I am proud to have blue blood and will be a bluebird till i die.I have emailed Julian Jenkins who is on hols it seems till next week and i am waiting for a reply from Mark Denham...If anyone has anymore contacts they can supply I would be glad of that.My intention is to make a video and get it on you tube,problem is I want to wait until a few more players come in thats why it ain't finished...I have access to a video company so who knows....anything to give us a lift.....cheers bluebirds :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:27 pm

I used to play for BTM mate...how old are you?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:30 pm

JonScam wrote:I used to play for BTM mate...how old are you?

Sorry I've just read your post again...I'm 28 and played with the likes of Pipey etc and Earnie was around the team then as well in the year above - I think I was a bit after you though :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Well done mate nice song :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Love it mate :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Song sounds great, but I'd hold back on some of the lyrics if I was you, as some of the names you mention, may well not be playing for us come the new season! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:32 pm

To answer the btm questions i started at Btm when i was 8 in the under 10's which was 1977 and continued to under 16,I was a right back,Jason Perry(centre half and Captain then even) was a year younger,we played together every other year...When i was there Barry Buckley was manager,followed by Ronnie Bird,Tony P was there and I think he still is,Ron Cook and my good friend Cyril Davies was treasurer,.I have a team photo I will post it here. Jason's parents names are Pat and Richie the window cleaner...great fella.Thanks again for the support.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Song sounds great, but I'd hold back on some of the lyrics if I was you, as some of the names you mention, may well not be playing for us come the new season! :ayatollah:

Thanks for that mate,The track is purely a demo at the moment,the lyrics will be held back until the last minute.Thanks for the advice budd.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Really enjoyed it, Well Done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 pm

nice one!! enjoyed that... look forward to the finished song, hopefully you may be able to slip earnie in there somewhere! :)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 pm

That was really good :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:nice one!! enjoyed that... look forward to the finished song, hopefully you may be able to slip earnie in there somewhere! :)

wouldn't that be good

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm

I just want to Thank Annis for allowing me to be part of this forum...make sure you go buy his books.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm

dazzyt wrote:I just want to Thank Annis for allowing me to be part of this forum...make sure you go buy his books.

nice plug there!

keep up the good work...

the forum is great.. ive been a reader for ages but didnt join til end of season... enjoy!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: