Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ALL THE BACKROOM STAFF "

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm

There is a rumour that all the backroom staff have been put in gardening leave after talks this morning. More to follow if the rumour gets more meat on the bone.

Re: ALL THE BACKROOM STAFF

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 pm

whooooooooooooo now that sounds meaty wonder whats gone on there,
carl did you get my email mate ?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Ardley is safe though ;)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Ardley is safe though ;)

Bob, We don't mean Ardley as he was not part of Dave JONES TEAM.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry, Annis, can you PLEASE explain mate??

Is that because he is part of the Academy or something??

Cheers, Sven :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm

hey guys, I heard a strong rumour today (not 100% accurate), my mate who knows Martyn Margetson family really well in Port Talbot. knew beforehand his job would be unsafe since dave jones left, and was pretty much prepared for it. According to my mate, whilst Margetson has enjoyed his time at Cardiff City, he maybe working with the Wales set up on a permenant basis with Gary Speed, and will always be willing to help out Cardiff if they need help.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:57 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:hey guys, I heard a strong rumour today (not 100% accurate), my mate who knows Martyn Margetson family really well in Port Talbot. knew beforehand his job would be unsafe since dave jones left, and was pretty much prepared for it. According to my mate, whilst Margetson has enjoyed his time at Cardiff City, he maybe working with the Wales set up on a permenant basis with Gary Speed, and will always be willing to help out Cardiff if they need help.

Thats ok, he can work his blancmange making hands on wales and keep away!!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers, Sven :ayatollah:

Yes Sven, Totally Ardley runs that separate to what a Manager and his backroom staff do. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Thats ok, he can work his blancmange making hands on wales and keep away!!

Like i said, its a rumour, but a positive rumour for us, because it brings change to the whole club, not just from the players aspect, but the whole backroom set up.

Re: " ALL THE BACKROOM STAFF "

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:02 pm

What about Scott Young ? Is he on leave ? I could easily find out this 1 mind as im friendly with his sister

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:04 pm

yep Ardley defo part o MM's plans....
Kerslake & Chamberlian on their way ;)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Good move :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:12 pm

GarethGardner wrote:What about Scott Young ? Is he on leave ? I could easily find out this 1 mind as im friendly with his sister

Gareth, Young is nothing at all to do with Dave Jones management team.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Im happy about this, we need a totally fresh start with a backroom team that Malky is able to decide upon himself and is 100% confident with.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 pm

GarethGardner wrote:What about Scott Young ? Is he on leave ? I could easily find out this 1 mind as im friendly with his sister

oh aye, how friendly sir!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Heard very strong rumour that fromer Everton/Hibs player Joe McBride, current Watford Youth team coach, is to be brought into set up as 1st team Coach ? :|

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:There is a rumour that all the backroom staff have been put in gardening leave after talks this morning. More to follow if the rumour gets more meat on the bone.

WOW!!!! Cheers Carl!!

Not only does it prove that Malky is keen to put his own stamp on this Club

But more importantly.. the Club are backing his every move

Keeps getting better doesnt it!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:38 pm

taffyapple wrote:
carlccfc wrote:There is a rumour that all the backroom staff have been put in gardening leave after talks this morning. More to follow if the rumour gets more meat on the bone.

WOW!!!! Cheers Carl!!

Dave, Thats exactly how I feel, Malky is being able to decide what he wants,even though I am sad for Terry Burton, but thats football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

WOW!!!! Cheers Carl!!

Dave, Thats exactly how I feel, Malky is being able to decide what he wants,even though I am sad for Terry Burton, but thats football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

though he seems 'relatively'inexperienced as a manager, its obvious he has had his
plans, and blueprint for some time. Sad for Watford that they didnt have the
financial clout to back him, but this feller aint come here to f**k about has he :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:02 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:hey guys, I heard a strong rumour today (not 100% accurate), my mate who knows Martyn Margetson family really well in Port Talbot. knew beforehand his job would be unsafe since dave jones left, and was pretty much prepared for it. According to my mate, whilst Margetson has enjoyed his time at Cardiff City, he maybe working with the Wales set up on a permenant basis with Gary Speed, and will always be willing to help out Cardiff if they need help.

Oh Dear thats all Wales need
:lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:15 pm

I thinks thats great news

We need to ship out the management who failed under Jones

WE MUST START TO REBUILD WITH MALKYS TEAM

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Loving it. I do feel for Terry Burton though as he is a good bloke, but we need to let Malky make his stamp on the club.

I am very very excited about the next month or so, as come the first game it will feel like a new club.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Is it meant that the members of the backroom staff have been put on gardening leave by MM or have they all put in for gardening leave themselves?

I also am confused as to how they can be put on leave when they are all on pre season leave anyway. Gardening leave also indicates they are all still being paid.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Cheers, Sven :ayatollah:[/quote]

Yes Sven, Totally Ardley runs that separate to what a Manager and his backroom staff do. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Thanks mate. Appreciated.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Annis, If I'm not mistaken that would be Terry Burton, Paul Wilkinson, Sean Connelly, Martyn Margetson, & Dave Ash?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Feel bad for Burton, feel he wasn't able to be truly himself during his time here, i'd have him run the reserves til Jan just see how he does.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm

recharding wrote:Is it meant that the members of the backroom staff have been put on gardening leave by MM or have they all put in for gardening leave themselves?

I also am confused as to how they can be put on leave when they are all on pre season leave anyway. Gardening leave also indicates they are all still being paid.

Means given their 6 months notice and they can do some work in their gardens with Dave Jones.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Annis, If I'm not mistaken that would be Terry Burton, Paul Wilkinson, Sean Connelly, Martyn Margetson, & Dave Ash?

Yes I know its TB,PW,MM, Not sure on the rest.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
recharding wrote:Is it meant that the members of the backroom staff have been put on gardening leave by MM or have they all put in for gardening leave themselves?

Means given their 6 months notice and they can do some work in their gardens with Dave Jones.

in other words go play golf with dave and pick hairs out of his ass

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

in other words go play golf with dave and pick hairs out of his ass

:lol:
Rob
Yes thats exactly what I meant :lol: