Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I will put money on....

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 am

Really?

*Sorry miss understood your message. If Parkin does play a bigger part this season then why not. All depends on his fitness level.
Last edited by SA17 Bluebird on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 am

Midfield general wrote:John Parkin scoring more goals than Jay Bothroyd this season

It'll depend on where Bothroyd's plying his trade!

If he's playing for a Premiership team, then you'd expect him not to score as many as the last 2 seasons!

However, if Parkin doesn't put the time in on the training ground and or Gym, like he clearly didn't appear to do last season, then 1 goal may be enough to beat Parkin's tally, as Malky won't play a porker! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 am

Midfield general wrote:ok then, I will put money on Jon Parkin scoring more goals than Jay Bothroyd did last season. Remember Parkin got a good number before he arrived at City playing in a awful Preston team who couldn't beat the drop

As I said though, Parkin will have to get himself fit and far fitter than he appeared to be last season!

I hope you're right though and that he does turn out to prove that he can still do the buisiness at this level!

He'll need to lose a lot of weight though and in this picture on this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Parkin, it looks like his shirt needs tent pags to go with them! :) :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:19 am

I'd be amazed if he got more than Bothroyd did last season.

He's scored 45 goals at this level in almost 200 games, not the best strike rate. The most league goals he's scored in a season in the championship was 11 in 08/09 when he was playing in a good preston side and getting lots of service.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:54 pm

What, for Cardiff City??

I'll have some of that....!! :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bunk wrote:I'd be amazed if he got more than Bothroyd did last season.

He's scored 45 goals at this level in almost 200 games, not the best strike rate. The most league goals he's scored in a season in the championship was 11 in 08/09 when he was playing in a good preston side and getting lots of service.

He got 13 in 09/10 ;)

I'm only talking league goals. He's not up to it, will be at a league 1 club this time next year (hopefully not us)