Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andrew Taylor seen at ...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 am

A mate of mine is training at the Cardiff City Stadium this morning and whilst waiting in reception saw Andrew Taylor walk in who was met by Malky Mackay. Could he be signing today?

Re: Andrew Taylor seen at ...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 am

Its no big secret that Taylor is talking to both Cardiff and The Wurzels this week ...... hopefully he will see sence and become a Bluebird ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

yes hes meeting cardiff today :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

yes hes meeting cardiff today :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am

I think his Boro contract expires on the 1st of July.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

RichardBluebird wrote:I think his Boro contract expires on the 1st of July.

You're allowed to talk to clubs six months before your contract expires :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I think his Boro contract expires on the 1st of July.

You're allowed to talk to clubs six months before your contract expires :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

isn't that just clubs from other countries leagues? E.g. he could have talked with Celtic because they play in Scotland but not us because we play in the 'English' league.... :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 pm

No he has been allowed to talk to any team since January :thumbup:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Nope, pretty sure Deano's spot on with it. Taylor will have only been allowed to talk to any other English club 1 month(i think, could be 3) in advance.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 pm

There is confusion regarding this, the rules are really simple,
A player can talk to other clubs when he is in the last six months of his contract, but cannot sign a pre contract until there is only one month of his contract left, this applies in England and Wales, in Scotland and abroad players can sign a pre contract six months before their contract ends