Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER PLAY IN A CITY SHIRT

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 am

After ecently reading his book and through all his trials and tribulations on and off the field only wish i could have seen him play mine has to be Robin Friday :ayatollah:

Re: THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER PLAY IN A CITY SHIRT

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 am

i was to young to see friday, toshack and the rest of the 60/70's lot
bellers is head and shoulders above anyone else for ability and talent but carl dale is the best for comitment and heart :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 am

Seen them all since 68-69.

Ok, there were stars that shone briefly but I have to say Dwyer for consistencey and reliability. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:29 am

andy keogh

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:41 am

There are so many, John Charles, Derek Tapscott, Gerry Hitchins, Robin Friday spring to mind, and obviously in recent times Craig Bellamy. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 am

nobber wrote:There are so many, John Charles, Derek Tapscott, Gerry Hitchins, Robin Friday spring to mind, and obviously in recent times Craig Bellamy. :ayatollah:

dont forget lee naylor :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am

Depends on the outlines for best, Because Ramsey will probably go onto become the best, but those years will not be in a City shirt.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nobber wrote:There are so many, John Charles, Derek Tapscott, Gerry Hitchins, Robin Friday spring to mind, and obviously in recent times Craig Bellamy. :ayatollah:

I already have forgot him. :roll: :)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:52 am

nobber wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I already have forgot him. :roll: :)

;)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 pm

John Toshack for me, but Brian Clark and Don Murray a little bit behind from our older times!

Bellamy, Bothroyd & Chopra (in that order) from our most recent times! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Craig Bellamy :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:26 pm

There is no doubt the greatest player to wear a City shirt was John Charles once voted by a panel on Sky as in the greatest team of all time and could have played at centre half or centre forward in the greatest team. Unfortunately City fans did not see him at his best. Ratclife and Mike England fall in that category. For me Ian Gibson, Brian Harris are the best I have seen and Ramsey will be up there with the greats in the near future

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Super Kev

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:33 pm

inamotto was one of my favourites :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Gerry Hitchens and Ian Gibson were both class acts.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 pm

bluebirdlewis wrote:Super Kev

in recent times for his heart and commitment for the cause,kevins gotta be up there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 pm

i can only comment from 1975, jason koumas first time around and aaron ramsey.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:06 pm

For me it was Gary O'Neill. He was only here for a short while but he turned an ordinary side into one that stuffed West Ham 4 v 1.

I was gutted when he went back.

Up there also were Koumas, Blakey and Roger Johnson.

Aaron Ramsey though will go onto become the best Welsh player ever. Better than Giggs and Charles I think!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Eddie Johnson do do da do.

Or John Charles.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:53 pm

loved watching Ivor Allchurch what a player

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:55 pm

It has to be Jay Bothroyd, winning an England cap whilst playing for us, not at the beginning or end of career. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Ian Gibson, Ivor Allchurch & John Charles
Saw John Charles score a goal from well inside his own half against Norwich (bit of a fluke)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Willie Anderson and what about Eddie Newton

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Annis Abraham Jnr ;)

Seriously, Bellamy would be up there. As would Earnie, Friday, Keenor, Kavanagh and of course Len Davies :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:32 pm

ROBIN FRIDAY WHAT A PLAYER, ALSO LUCKY TO SEE ALLCHURCH, BARRIE JONES, BRIAN HARRIS, DON MURRAY. IN RECENT YEARS RAMBO . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:40 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:After ecently reading his book and through all his trials and tribulations on and off the field only wish i could have seen him play mine has to be Robin Friday :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oid855fLKM i think this is the only clips out there that shows him playing, but for reading i`m afraid!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Graham Kavanagh or Bellamy purely down to their commitment contribution to the team (too young to see half of the others posted)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:26 pm

AHERNE wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:After ecently reading his book and through all his trials and tribulations on and off the field only wish i could have seen him play mine has to be Robin Friday :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oid855fLKM i think this is the only clips out there that shows him playing, but for reading i`m afraid!

yeah theres not much footage of him playing ive searched the internet high and low :ayatollah: cheers for that though

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Steve Gammon, a broken leg in 1965 ended the career of a man who would have been a really great footballer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Gammon

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Cardiff's goal scoring record holder - Robert Earnshaw - for bringing new life and belief back to cardiff! :ayatollah: