Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taylor may sue Swans to seal Newcastle switch

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:48 am

Neil Taylor is taking legal advice about whether to sue Swansea City for breach of contract.

The 23 year-old defender is poised to join Newcastle ­United, who are keen to ­activate the £1million get-out clause in Taylor’s contract.

Newcastle made contact with the newly-promoted Swans to finalise a move for the left-back and were stunned by the Welsh club’s demand for a £10m fee for Taylor.

Swansea have told Taylor and Toon that the £1m clause only allows him to speak to another club.

It does not mean they are obliged to sell him for that fee. The case bears similarities to Phil Jones’ recent move from Blackburn Rovers to ­Manchester United.

Jones had a £16.5m buy-out clause in his contract which United were happy to meet.

The deal was temporarily held up because Blackburn argued they were under no legal obligation to accept United’s offer and valued the player at a higher price.

Eventually Blackburn were forced to cave in after they were informed that they were powerless from contesting the buy-out clause.

Taylor has now consulted his lawyers and the PFA, the ­players’ union.

The likely outcome is the case will go before Welsh FA arbitration to pass judgment on the validity of the buy-out clause unless Swansea ­back-down.

Swansea are already facing a complaint from Ipswich, who have called on the ­Premier League to impose a transfer embargo on the Welsh club.

Ipswich claim they are owed

Re: Taylor may sue Swans to seal Newcastle switch

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:47 am

This Taylor chap seems to be a bit of an idiot imo

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:49 am

Doesn't look good does it, can't imagine this is good for team spirit either - the chairman trying to shaft one of his own players.

f**k them anyway.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 am

£10mil? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 am

popped in after a long holiday only to find
you are still posting Swans related :lol: :lol: i keep telling you get over us ffs watch your own affairs.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:33 am

colours wrote:popped in after a long holiday only to find
you are still posting Swans related :lol: :lol: i keep telling you get over us ffs watch your own affairs.

and i keep telling you to fuckoff to your own forum and worry about your own affairs.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:39 am

colours wrote:popped in after a long holiday only to find

Dude you're the one on a Cardiff City forum lmao.

Besides, i've seen threads on all sorts of clubs on this forum, not just about the Jacks.

The reason there are a good few Jacks ones is because you are our rivals...I bet the Ipswich forums are buzzing with Norwich topics, Man Utd with Man city etc...