Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City FC fans want justice for the 96

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Please join our page and show your support :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardiff-C ... 0621181221

The fight for justice for the 96 Liverpool fans who died at Hillsborough in 1989. Justice for the 96, their families and the survivors.

Fans of Cardiff City football club want to help fight for justice for the 96 fans who died at Hillsborough on 15/4/89. We want to provide support for the families of the 96 and the survivors of that terrible day and let them know that our club stands shoulder to shoulder with them. JFT 96.

Re: Cardiff City FC fans want justice for the 96

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:21 pm

BigNev would i happen to know you?
i think its really good that an EVERTON fan is looking for JUSTICE FOR THE 96. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi Saddam :old:
Yes mate you know me really well.

The ToffeeBluebirds like myself are only too happy to show their support for their brothers across Stanley park. Times like this the colour of your shirt don't matter. About time the people responsible for this tragedy were held to account for the deaths of 96 human beings.

Hope all's well with you buddy and hope to see you out on my birthday, no excuses punk. Remember, I know where you live lol
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Undoubtedly liked :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 pm

The ToffeeBluebirds like myself are only too happy to show their support for their brothers across Stanley park. Times like this the colour of your shirt don't matter. About time the people responsible for this tragedy were held to account for the deaths of 96 human beings.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ nice to hear mate /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
all gd here fella. yes i will be out for your celebrations :old: not to sure bout the dress code though :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Well you already have the big hair and moustache so you're a spit for a scouser already. Plus I'm sure you could find a Liverfool top and you'd be sorted mate.

See you on the 9th buddy. If you want to bring the wife she'd more than welcome.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 pm

if anyone wants to have a show of justice for the liverpool fans the least they can do is never buy the sun again.never have and never will again.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm

R.I.P to all the 96
but what justice to they want ?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 am

I think the case is dead to be honest, but all 96 should be remembered. Justice was never brought, because who could it be brought to? FA? Liverpool? Sheffield Wednesday? Nottingham? It was fans who got into the ground, but I do not hold anyone guilty.

R.I.P the 96. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:23 am

I agree with the two posts above, the 96 should always be rememberd and we should learn from what happend. However what do people want justice for ?

it was neither the fault of the police or either of the football clubs it was a cruel twist of fate that fans entering the stadium mis-understood the shouts at the front of the tier as cheering or excitment towards the game which lead to the rush of fans trying to enter the tier.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 am

To those who ask why justice is sought

The warnings were there from the beginning. Liverpool had a larger support than Nottingham Forest yet they were allocated the smaller end of the ground. By 2.30pm a bottleneck had developed. Three gates and seven turnstiles were available to accommodate upwards of 10,000 fans. Coaches that arrived late having been delayed by road works hindered the situation further.

Already there were many fans inside the ground; and many still trying to get in meant conditions in the paddock were getting desperate. People's movements were restricted due to the number of people already inside, never mind those still trying to get in.

The 96 people who died that day died because of gross incompetence by the South Yorkshire Police. In particular Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield, who failed, perhaps through lack of experience (many blamed his inexperience of handling such big games), to realise what was going on. And who, by his own admission, "froze" when faced with a decision that took the lives of so many.

If events of that day weren't horrific enough, the events were compounded by coverage of one of the largest football disasters in modern British history by the Sun.

The Sun's editor of the day, Kelvin McKenzie, informed the British public of what he described as "The Truth". Tales of fans stealing from the dead and abusing police who were trying to administer aid to the injured and dying. This, of course, was not "the truth".

The headlines caused uproar in the city of Liverpool and beyond. The newspaper was burned in protest outside newsagents across Merseyside. The headline still haunts Liverpudlians, the families of those who died and survivors. The boycott of the Sun is ongoing and figures released showed that circulation figures in the region have never recovered from the boycott.

To add to the pain, the BBC recently sold footage rights of Hillsborough. The intention being that the images were to be used to highlight the affects of football violence.

The pursuit of justice by the families is ongoing. Battling against the lies and injustice is a daily struggle for all of those involved.

96 fans who died via gross incompetence

John Alfred Anderson (62)
Colin Mark Ashcroft (19)
James Gary Aspinall (18)
Kester Roger Marcus Ball (16)
Gerard Bernard Patrick Baron (67)
Simon Bell (17)
Barry Sidney Bennett (26)
David John Benson (22)
David William Birtle (22)
Tony Bland (22)
Paul David Brady (21)
Andrew Mark Brookes (26)
Carl Brown (18)
David Steven Brown (25)
Henry Thomas Burke (47)
Peter Andrew Burkett (24)
Paul William Carlile (19)
Raymond Thomas Chapman (50)
Gary Christopher Church (19)
Joseph Clark (29)
Paul Clark (18)
Gary Collins (22)
Stephen Paul Copoc (20)
Tracey Elizabeth Cox (23)
James Philip Delaney (19)
Christopher Barry Devonside (18)
Christopher Edwards (29)
Vincent Michael Fitzsimmons (34)
Thomas Steven Fox (21)
Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10)
Barry Glover (27)
Ian Thomas Glover (20)
Derrick George Godwin (24)
Roy Harry Hamilton (34)
Philip Hammond (14)
Eric Hankin (33)
Gary Harrison (27)
Stephen Francis Harrison (31)
Peter Andrew Harrison (15)
David Hawley (39)
James Robert Hennessy (29)
Paul Anthony Hewitson (26)
Carl Darren Hewitt (17)
Nicholas Michael Hewitt (16)
Sarah Louise Hicks (19)
Victoria Jane Hicks (15)
Gordon Rodney Horn (20)
Arthur Horrocks (41)
Thomas Howard (39)
Thomas Anthony Howard (14)
Eric George Hughes (42)
Alan Johnston (29)
Christine Anne Jones (27)
Gary Philip Jones (18)
Richard Jones (25)
Nicholas Peter Joynes (27)
Anthony Peter Kelly (29)
Michael David Kelly (38)
Carl David Lewis (18)
David William Mather (19)
Brian Christopher Mathews (38)
Francis Joseph McAllister (27)
John McBrien (18)
Marion Hazel McCabe (21)
Joseph Daniel McCarthy (21)
Peter McDonnell (21)
Alan McGlone (28)
Keith McGrath (17)
Paul Brian Murray (14)
Lee Nicol (14)
Stephen Francis O'Neill (17)
Jonathon Owens (18)
William Roy Pemberton (23)
Carl William Rimmer (21)
David George Rimmer (38)
Graham John Roberts (24)
Steven Joseph Robinson (17)
Henry Charles Rogers (17)
Colin Andrew Hugh William Sefton (23)
Inger Shah (38)
Paula Ann Smith (26)
Adam Edward Spearritt (14)
Philip John Steele (15)
David Leonard Thomas (23)
Patrik John Thompson (35)
Peter Reuben Thompson (30)
Stuart Paul William Thompson (17)
Peter Francis Tootle (21)
Christopher James Traynor (26)
Martin Kevin Traynor (16)
Kevin Tyrrell (15)
Colin Wafer (19)
Ian David Whelan (19)
Martin Kenneth Wild (29)
Kevin Daniel Williams (15)
Graham John Wright (17)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 am

Good post and all your points are proberly very accurate, however i still feel there is no blame, you mention the road works were a contributing factor, as I previously posted - a cruel twist of fate ? there are so many if's and buts with casses like this

can you really blame it on that one police officer because to be honest who would in his situation 'have experiance' in such a suitation a disaster on that scale in those circumstances was completely unique hindsight is a amazing thing but at the time there would be very few it could have coped with that situation.

maybe i cant grasp the concept why someone has to be at fault, why is it human nature to blame someone. Personally i believe the last thing there relatives would want is it all to be brought back up when there trying to move on and remember there loved ones in peace.

say your right someone was ultimately at fault and named and shamed would you be happy then would it make everything better no it wouldent change a thing.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:44 am

RIP to the 96

what happened that day was without doubt a horrific tradgedy, a tradgedy which could have happened to any clubs fans at any ground. there is no arguement that the coppers were clueless (in those days they all were), the ground was a shit hole (in those days they all were) and the FA couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery (some things don't change)

BUT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT

a terrible accident but a accident all the same

i know im going to have abuse for what im about to say but its the truth

fans need to hold their hands up for their part in it as well

im not just having a go at LFC fans because all clubs have done it even ccfc (hareford and brentford away sping to mind).
it doesn't happen very much now but fans used to try to force their way into grounds on a regular basis.
kick off time approches people want to watch the game common sence goes out the window pushing and shoving starts and then you've got a problem.
i know there are reasons why a lot of fans arrived late and that is another factor to the events
im not trying to tarnish the memory of the dead but im just stating a fact that football fans in those days could be very blinkered and selfish when it came to getting in to see the game and liverpool fans were well known for jibbing in for nothing.
to support my last statment read the book "the boys from the mersey" by nicholas allt for most of the book he brags about getting into the grounds for nothing, wolves 76 for example where a sledgehammer and a crowbar were used to force their way in

the hillsbourough disaster was a result of many things and one of those things was fan culture

RIP to the 96

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 pm

I'll leave it to Anne Williams, who lost her son Kevin to explain why Justice needs to be served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jP25ptxro

The facts are that:
• warning signs were before the game started
• the Police covered their tracks falsifying testimonies
• no-one has been made accountable for this but 96 football fans are dead.

The end.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Well we are clearly going around in circles and we will have to agree to disagree. However looking at the respons so far you will find that the majority of cardiff fans will show sympathy and respect to the 96 however they will not try to make someone a scape-goat for a tragic accident.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 pm

bignev wrote:I'll leave it to Anne Williams, who lost her son Kevin to explain why Justice needs to be served.

The facts are that:

The end.

So no mention of the alledged forged tickets being sold by Liverpool fans to Liverpool fans, or the drunkeness of the fans,or the many fans storming the turnstilles and climbing in. No mention of fans pushing there way in even though there was no room probably because they'd stayed in the pubs for an extra one or two. yes. The police did not come out of the inquiry with their reputation intact. But the Liverpool fans who were involved in the above activities didn't either. It's time to stop playing the blame game.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Bluetwin wrote:
bignev wrote:I'll leave it to Anne Williams, who lost her son Kevin to explain why Justice needs to be served.

The facts are that:

The end.

So no mention of the alledged forged tickets being sold by Liverpool fans to Liverpool fans, or the drunkeness of the fans,or the many fans storming the turnstilles and climbing in. No mention of fans pushing there way in even though there was no room probably because they'd stayed in the pubs for an extra one or two. yes. The police did not come out of the inquiry with their reputation intact. But the Liverpool fans who were involved in the above activities didn't either. It's time to stop playing the blame game.

Quite. To read some people's views, you'd think Heysel never happened.

The police fucked up at Hillsboro. That doesn't mean Liverpool fans should magically escape criticisms for actions they took that played a part.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:41 pm

after hysel they were blaming chelsea and the nf for the trouble

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:21 pm

If anyone really wants to know why 'the quest for justice' sill goes on only needs to read the posts above, from fellow supporters sympathetic to the cause.

Reiterating the lies that were told immediately following the tradgey, mainly by the South Yorkshire Constabulary, repeat by the paper who's name I can't even bear to write (but will call it The S*N), who repeated these lies for days & weeks afterwards, even after South Yorkshire Police had retracted them stating they were incorrect (which they did 4 hours after first spreading them).

But still we have friends who believe Hillsborough was caused by holiganism, liverpool fans breaking into the ground, drunkeness, etc, etc.

Anyone who thinks I'm wrong please read Lord Justice Peter Taylor's Report into Hillsborough (he was the man appointed by the Govenment to look into what actually happened), even just reading the summary will put you right.

Yes we've had an inquiry into this, but because no one lost their job or was prosecuted for their actions (the key people retired on full penson before the inquiry finished thus avoiding any real action). We get the lies repeated as fact or at best people saying it was just an unfortunate accident. That's why there is still a quest for justice!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:26 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:after hysel they were blaming chelsea and the nf for the trouble

Liverpool fans in "not our fault shocker" :lol: How come they never mention Heysel? A tabboo subject that doesn't get much coverage, the Juve fans were right to tell them where to stick it in 2005

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Roger Rarebit wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:after hysel they were blaming chelsea and the nf for the trouble

Liverpool fans in "not our fault shocker" :lol: How come they never mention Heysel? A tabboo subject that doesn't get much coverage, the Juve fans were right to tell them where to stick it in 2005

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

Scroll to the bottom of the page.