Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fans at the Liberty

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Two of the most prominent people within the commercial management team at Swansea City are infact Cardiff fans. A small yet interesting fact one of them told me recently was the first payment from the EPL into the bank account of Swansea City won't be transferred until the 1st of August. I'm not sure if that's common knowledge if looked up, but I did wonder last year why Blackpool made hardly any moves in the transfer market until the season had actually kicked off. Coincedence? The Swansea fans who aren't aware of this and are getting a little frustrated as to why there's more people exiting than entering might have to wait a fair while for much movement in that department

Re: Cardiff fans at the Liberty

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:28 pm

CityGent wrote:Two of the most prominent people within the commercial management team at Swansea City are infact Cardiff fans. A small yet interesting fact one of them told me recently was the first payment from the EPL into the bank account of Swansea City won't be transferred until the 1st of August. I'm not sure if that's common knowledge if looked up, but I did wonder last year why Blackpool made hardly any moves in the transfer market until the season had actually kicked off. Coincedence? The Swansea fans who aren't aware of this and are getting a little frustrated as to why there's more people exiting than entering might have to wait a fair while for much movement in that department

Anthony thats very True, they are prominent City fans, but they did say that they run their Club a lot better than ours and they have a better relationship with their fans and our club does not really work with its fans, no bond at all, their comments. I hope this season coming that finally changes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Very interesting...we should be trying to tempt these type of people back home - you cant leak talent both on and off the pitch

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Annis, a very good friend of mine helps run some of the events there, including the recent JLS gig. He takes great pleasure in denying people like Alan Tate guestlist privileges :-)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 pm

CityGent wrote:Two of the most prominent people within the commercial management team at Swansea City are infact Cardiff fans. A small yet interesting fact one of them told me recently was the first payment from the EPL into the bank account of Swansea City won't be transferred until the 1st of August. I'm not sure if that's common knowledge if looked up, but I did wonder last year why Blackpool made hardly any moves in the transfer market until the season had actually kicked off. Coincedence? The Swansea fans who aren't aware of this and are getting a little frustrated as to why there's more people exiting than entering might have to wait a fair while for much movement in that department

tony with regards to the sky money which is the main income that first payment does not come into the clubs coffers until the end of november.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:01 pm

steve davies wrote:

tony with regards to the sky money which is the main income that first payment does not come into the clubs coffers until the end of november.

Even worse for them Steve. They'll be down by then!!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:07 pm

CityGent wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Even worse for them Steve. They'll be down by then!!

had to laugh listening to jenkins denying all knowledge of the problems with ipswich tony
this is the same guy who was renting a property off steve borley for his business and not only welched on his rent but did a moonlight flit from the premises without informing steve.
now operates out of one of the liberty stadiums offices with his latest venture.
watch this space i hear the council are on their case for 250k of owed rent and maintenance

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Steve, I think it's all well and good getting up with the financial model they've depended on, but now they've got disgruntled players like Dorus De Vries who want and think they deserve a piece of the premier pie. It's a totally different ball game now for Huw boy

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:32 pm

And this is fact is it? Not saying it's not true but theres quite a few accusations your making there,STEVE DAVIES.

copied and pasted.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 pm

blackswan wrote:And this is fact is it? Not saying it's not true but theres quite a few accusations your making there,STEVE DAVIES.

copied and pasted.

all true blackswan the property involved was caseys which is just up the road from the liberty

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:35 pm

steve davies wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD96RQ1-wnY

Love your avatar Steve, must say I always had a soft spot for her as well. :D

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:13 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
steve davies wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD96RQ1-wnY

Love your avatar Steve, must say I always had a soft spot for her as well. :D

first love of my life and we would have been great together but as always in these love triangles there were strings attached to our relationship :lol: :lol: :lol: