Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALI Yassine

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:05 am

Do you think he will carry on to get the crowd going as he was doing at the end of last season ? :ayatollah:

Re: ALI Yassine

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:06 am

mr bluesky wrote:Do you think he will carry on to get the crowd going as he was doing at the end of last season ? :ayatollah:

I would replace him . Cringeworthy.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 am

Daya wrote:
mr bluesky wrote:Do you think he will carry on to get the crowd going as he was doing at the end of last season ? :ayatollah:

I would replace him . Cringeworthy.

yea it was a bit cheesy but it did improve the atmosphere ;)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 am

Ali is a ledge! It's nice to have someone with abit of personality! He's always worth a laugh! Knight him, don't sack him!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:15 am

nice bloke - just poor on the mic need a pro in my opinion.

Non stop complaints about him in the Premier Club. Cringeworthy the most common word heard.

i like Ali - hes a great fella but feel he should have been left a memory with Ninian park.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 am

Complaints in the Premier Club makes me chuckle. I guess they complain about their Bollinger 57 being slightly too warm when Ali is on form yeah? :roll:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:28 am

On the whole I abhor his choice in music and find his sense of humour childish. I think he lost the plot after we left Ninian.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 am

Bluebird99 wrote:Complaints in the Premier Club makes me chuckle. I guess they complain about their Bollinger 57 being slightly too warm when Ali is on form yeah? :roll:

hes never on form.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:On the whole I abhor his choice in music and find his sense of humour childish. I think he lost the plot after we left Ninian.

Agree totally Gerry.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15 am

Nice bloke, makes me laugh and plays some quality music. No complaints from me.

You can't please all the people all the time.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:18 am

Nedd Glas wrote:Nice bloke, makes me laugh and plays some quality music. No complaints from me.

You can't please all the people all the time.

nice bloke agree - different view of his PA actions.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:51 am

What you want some boring old b*stard playing bob dylan??

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 pm

did used to enjoy it in ninian park when he used to play the full version of hey jude.....la la la la la la la la la la city... :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 pm

I've talked to Ali about this and he told me that he has strict guidelines he must adhere to. These are set by the club and the old bill.

At the jacks game, he was even stopped from playing "Peggy Sue"! :roll:

Perhaps Nuclearblue should be given the job?

There would be some fecking craic then wouldn't there? :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 pm

There are strick guidelines in place, which limits his freedom in what he can say and what music he can play; by the league and the police.

I remember he got in alot of trouble when we played Coventry on Boxing day and played a song dedicated to Marlon King "stay free", guess it never went well with the league.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 pm

DAYA's a nice bloke, I just wish someone would bloody replace him :thumbup:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 pm

I have always thought that Ali does a fantastic job but got to admit that I thought he was embarrassing at the Boro game in particular and the Reading play off game. I was cringing in the build up just before kick off against Boro.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Dayo why dont you worry what goes on at your beloved west ham?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Ali is brill.
They tried replacing him before and it was zzzzzz.
People go on about the club losing it's personality etc etc yet they want a massive city fan like Ali replaced :?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Daya wrote:nice bloke - just poor on the mic need a pro in my opinion.

Non stop complaints about him in the Premier Club. Cringeworthy the most common word heard.

i like Ali - hes a great fella but feel he should have been left a memory with Ninian park.

Premier Club wouldn't know atmosphere if it took its clothes off and gave each of their daughters a lap dance. Individually. While singing Hellcat Spangled Shalala.

And if you took over from Ali I would expect Knees up muvva braaaaaan played over the tannoy every week, with many many many adverts for pine.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 pm

I reckon this one is split 50/50.

I have lost count of the times people sat round by me have rolled their eyes or muttered shut up Ali after a comment he's made.

Same with the 'Come on Support the boys and MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIISE' thing, 99.9% of my mates and those around me cringe.

Then again, loads of people, especialy kids, love it.

Never mind about Wayne on the Pitch at Half Time... :shock:

As for the music, well half the stuff he plays isnt to my taste but to be fair im not overly concerned as Im there to watch the Football at the end of the day.

So to summarise, yeah I dont particularly like the current set up, but not enough to realy complain about it... :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 pm

f**k the premier club and everyone who uses it. Kids and adults alike enjoy his banter otherwise nobody would join in
with him :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 pm

evil c wrote:

f**k the premier club and everyone who uses it. Kids and adults alike enjoy his banter otherwise nobody would join in
with him :ayatollah:

Who exactly joins in with his banter mate?

When he does the come on support the boys and make some noise, its normaly a que for everyone to sit down and the place to go silent. At best you get a 5 second half hearted shout by about 20% of the crowd and a polite hand clapping.. :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Three quarters of the ground , take a look around next time your there, by the way , I'm not into that nonsense myself but like A previous poster said, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY ! ;)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 am

Three quarters of the ground , take a look around next time your there, by the way , I'm not into that nonsense myself but like A previous poster said, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY ! ;)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:17 am

evil c wrote:Three quarters of the ground , take a look around next time your there, by the way , I'm not into that nonsense myself but like A previous poster said, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY ! ;)

I take a look around every game mate and I cringe everytime as I see nobody else shouting apart from one or two shout 'come on' and a polite ripple of applause.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:20 am

If the kids enjoy it he should stay.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:33 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
evil c wrote:Three quarters of the ground , take a look around next time your there, by the way , I'm not into that nonsense myself but like A previous poster said, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY ! ;)

I take a look around every game mate and I cringe everytime as I see nobody else shouting apart from one or two shout 'come on' and a polite ripple of applause.

one or two ! yeah ok , look; if u think he's Shit fair enough, but the majority of fans enjoy it otherwise he'd be down the road, simples

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Im just saying, and it looks like we will have to agree to disagree that the Majority dont join in, not where I sit in the Ninian Stand anyway.

Also, most of my mates and those that sit around me dont like it, and most people I speak to have also found Ali crigny on the Mic.

I dont know how you can say the majority of fans enjoy it, we need a poll :D

I agree with the other poster though, if the kids enjoy it then it should stay.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 am

Couple of classics from Ali at Ninian Park was playing 'Gypsies Tramps & Thieves' and 'Money's too tight to mention' when we played the Jacks and 'Hit the road Jack' when we played Coventry when Chris Coleman was in charge :lol: :lol:

Top bloke Ali who has others have said is now restricted by the police and powers to be at the CCS which means what he does now broadcast is a bit more banal :(