Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What if we purchase Goodwillie and he gets found guilty..?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:21 am

He cant be guilty otherwise he would be called badwillie :old:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 am

he's not going to be foud guilty

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:41 am

ROB CCFC wrote:he's not going to be foud guilty

?????

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 am

Midfield general wrote:Would there be a clause in the transfer agreement..?

I can,t see this going through without us covering ourselves against the alleged rape case, surely we would have a clause on the lines that if he his found guilty then we recover a certain amount of the transfer fee??? can you see any club signing the player without some kind of back up insurance???? unless of course they are certain that the charge wont go to court!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:29 pm

he will be found not guilty.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:he will be found not guilty.

and how do you know..?

Its a fair point you raise.

I posted elsewhere, a Scottish Copper has told me the case is a joke and the
Procurater feller will not go ahead with it. Being charged is a million miles
from getting to court mate. Apparently it was a set-up, the girl is a known
munter, all about trying to get money and damages for f**k all. Id imagine
the Club know more about it than all of us by now, the fact that they are
still going ahead speaks volumes,

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:52 pm

If goodwillie had been found GUILTY and LOCKED UP then linked with us im sure that we would all be up in arms like we were with marlon king

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:57 pm

And your evidence for that claim is?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

and how do you know..?

still going ahead speaks volumes,

if the case was as you claim a joke, it wouldn't have got to the stage of having a future trial date.

As for the rest of the claim, once a case goes in front of a jury all bets are off.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Exactly.

He's been charged and is CURRENTLY facing a trial date.

Anyone magically believing "oh , we can buy him but have a clause so we can get money back if he gets sent down" is living in la-la land.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:32 pm

nerd wrote:

And your evidence for that claim is?

1) I've been told by dozens of people up in Scotland that the case is an absolute joke. It has also been spread round that a copper has said the case is a shambles and the CPU are still trying to gather more evidence and witnesses to put a case together. At the moment, its his word vs his. in 99% of 1 on 1 cases in reference to a rape case the person charged gets found not guilty.

2) He will have a very strong lawyer who will claim the woman was drunk and unable to give an accurate description of events. That throws the whole case into jeopardy and he'll walk free because of it. Conviction of rape is extremely hard.

3) If they had any solid evidence like traces of semen taken from swabs he'd have been thrown before a judge instantly and sentenced because there would be damning evidence. They've drawn it out because they're still trying to put a case together against him. He was charged in January and only just now is the case going to court. If they had solid evidence, they wouldn't have taken this long.

4) There was another player involved who will also back up his story and say she was drunk after the night out.

5) Its rife around the internet that the charges are dropped. This is due to an information leak. This would back up the CPU's weak case against him and in my opinion given the SPF's rumoured attachment with certain Scottish clubs *Rangers* it wouldn't surprise me if this was all dragged out so that they could use it against Dundee to get him on the cheap. Rangers have had a £750,000 bid rejected for him.

So yeah, I am 100% certain given all that that the case will be thrown out. It still wont stop the chants though of whichever club he goes too.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:x

You seriously think after all that that he will get charged? there is not a chance. Anyone thinking there is deluded. He is a footballer. He will get the best lawyer available who'll play every card in the book to get him cleared. We all know how it works so stop being naive. Marlon King got done because there was solid evidence and he was caught on camera so he could hardly put a defence together could he?

I know for a fact he will not get convicted. Believe what you want but he won't.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:1) I've been told by dozens of people up in Scotland that the case is an absolute joke. It has also been spread round that a copper has said the case is a shambles and the CPU are still trying to gather more evidence and witnesses to put a case together. At the moment, its his word vs his. in 99% of 1 on 1 cases in reference to a rape case the person charged gets found not guilty.

So basically you've no actual evidence, just a rumour of a copper. An unnamed copper, naturally.

You're also claiming a statistic which shows the difficulty of securing rape convictions as "evidence" of innocence.

2) He will have a very strong lawyer who will claim the woman was drunk and unable to give an accurate description of events. That throws the whole case into jeopardy and he'll walk free because of it. Conviction of rape is extremely hard.

yes it is extremely hard. How precisely that means Goodwillie would definitely be found innocent is a stretch.

3) If they had any solid evidence like traces of semen taken from swabs he'd have been thrown before a judge instantly and sentenced because there would be damning evidence. They've drawn it out because they're still trying to put a case together against him. He was charged in January and only just now is the case going to court. If they had solid evidence, they wouldn't have taken this long.

Not necessarily. Yet more supposition on your part. Because after all, Einstein, semen does not equate to rape. So hardly "damning evidence", is it? It would natural boil down to one word against another. All semen would prove was that some sexual contact occured.

4) There was another player involved who will also back up his story and say she was drunk after the night out.

Ah,right, so if a woman was drunk, clearly she couldn't have been raped. Of course, you're aware if a woman is paralytic, you've the whole issue of being too drunk to give consent, right?

5) Its rife around the internet that the charges are dropped. This is due to an information leak. This would back up the CPU's weak case against him and in my opinion given the SPF's rumoured attachment with certain Scottish clubs *Rangers* it wouldn't surprise me if this was all dragged out so that they could use it against Dundee to get him on the cheap. Rangers have had a £750,000 bid rejected for him.

"Information leak" - please provide a link to said leak. As in,you know, evidence, case papers. That kind of tangible evidence rather than "I heard a copper mate said..".

CPU?

And yes, I'm absolutely sure it's all a Rangers plot to get a player cheap. That's got to be one of your dumbest ever claims.

So yeah, I am 100% certain given all that that the case will be thrown out. It still wont stop the chants though of whichever club he goes too.

Would it stop chants? Of course not.

You may be confident it won't get to court. It may not.

You however have no conclusive evidence to base that judgment on other than internet claims about what a copper ( unidentified ) has been alleged to have said.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 pm

doooooooooom and gloooooooooooom

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:doooooooooom and gloooooooooooom

Hardly, it's a case of covering all bases.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:31 am

I'm sure the Club are covering all bases.

Having been close to someone who was once accused of rape, forced to give up his
job, ashamed to leave his house, only for the girl to admit a week before trial that
she was angry with him cos he'd promised to walk her home!!!...

I'll presume him innocent until proven guilty thank you very much, this case wont
go to trial because she will have to stand up in court and get cross-examined...

All she's had so far is coppers stroking her hair, coaxing her, telling her they'll
nail him and totally believing her side of the story. The police rape councillors
are trained to HELP the woman, not to search for the truth..THATS the statistical
fact why the majority of these cases never reach court. These evil sluts suddenly
realise that they have to stand up in front of people who will ask searching questions...

they have been through hours and hours of interviews with the police, gone through
the mill... then pull out last minute.. ask yourselves why!!!

By the way, I would happily pour petrol over a rapists cock and set him alight, they
are the lowest form off life

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

i read last week the case had been dropped and he wouldnt be facing charges :?:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 am

maybe i didnt ???
but this states hes in court this week for the assault charges

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/259 ... lt-charge/

with no given date for the rape case

bit at the bottom worries me though, out drinking in the early hours prior to a game :(

no thank you we just got rid of one like him.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 am

still going ahead speaks volumes,[/quote]

if the case was as you claim a joke, it wouldn't have got to the stage of having a future trial date.

As for the rest of the claim, once a case goes in front of a jury all bets are off.[/quote]

not ture happened to a close friend of mine and they she broke down in court and admited she was lien. dirty little SLA!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 am

still going ahead speaks volumes,[/quote]

As for the rest of the claim, once a case goes in front of a jury all bets are off.[/quote]

not ture happened to a close friend of mine and they she broke down in court and admited she was lien. dirty little SLA!