Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Goodwillie signs does it mean...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:50 pm

we are not going for Earnie? Symilar type of players. My concern is a lot of Scottish strikers fail down here, would Earnie be a better bet and no transfe fee?

Re: If Goodwillie signs does it mean...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Roy wrote:we are not going for Earnie? Symilar type of players. My concern is a lot of Scottish strikers fail down here, would Earnie be a better bet and no transfe fee?

ive heard Goodwillie is a big man compared to earnie :lol:

they'll work together :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:53 pm

i would put my money on earnie if rangers get goodwillie before us, they are looking into him aswell see :evil:
:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Roy wrote:we are not going for Earnie? Symilar type of players. My concern is a lot of Scottish strikers fail down here, would Earnie be a better bet and no transfe fee?

I Think that they are different in the style of football they play,but both know where the goal is :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Football is about getting a squad together,so both would be welcome imoa :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 pm

glammy74 wrote:

ive heard Goodwillie is a big man compared to earnie :lol:

they'll work together :ayatollah:

According to Wilkipedia he's 5 '9"

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Depth is something we lacked in previous years and something DJ hated. But its integral.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 pm

RFMH wrote:Depth is something we lacked in previous years and something DJ hated. But its integral.

What about Nugent? free agent. dont know about his wage demands though

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:01 pm

I really hope we sign Goodwillie! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Say we do sign Goodwillie, Earnshaw, Bellamy. Then we have those 3 and Parkin, 4 would be enough, great options to chop and change and someone on the bench that can completely change the game. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Why not get Earnie too?

Earnie and Goodwillie up front. Both harass defenders and both are clinical. Perfect combination. If we need to change up tactics and play hoof ball, step up John Parkin :lol: :lol:

We need both we only have Parkin

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm

If Chopra was on £15k a week and we can pick up Earnie for £6.5k per week, that sounds like good business to me. We also have the bonus of getting rid of a gambling drunk and picking up a local hero.

Plus there are also wages left over for Goodwillie. Oh Flower of Scotland.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:53 am

i think goodwillie is very strong he did knock out a rugby player :lol:
so him an earnshaw would do well together in my view
mm sign them up :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:58 am

It is not a goodwillie or earnie decision it is both :ayatollah:

For once we have players wanting to joins and not solely based on what wages we are prepared to throw at them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 am

Have to be both really because like the other posters have said, we need real depth and i believe that both players could do a job for us. You also have to remember that bellamy isn't able to play every game so good shout ppl, without doubt this could be a better attack than last season. Nugent was also a great call. I really like him but he really hasn't seen much action of the last couple of years so it could be risky.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

its got to be both, can see us loaning out a 1 or 2 of our youngsters so really we only have parkin...

dont think we would get nugent, i think his wages are way to high and dont think he is keen on taking a huge drop..