Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Student Riots "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:19 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23219942/

same City as the Cardiff and Chelsea match...loads of police injuries and public order damage and this is what the person got?

This example is why football fans feel that they get treated worse than other citizens....and there are many more but I highlight this one because it similar...large crowd but the incident involving the students was far more violent and caused huge costs and damage to landmark buildings.

Hanita Dadswell, 18, was arrested after hitting an officer on the head with a missile during a tuition fee demonstration outside the Tory Party headquarters in London last November.
she was only charged with affray and not violent conduct?

Re: Student riots

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:22 pm

its coz students are 'ard like ;)

the police know that we'd just get a mate studying law to help us out, find a little loophole in the good ole' judicial system and get off with it leaving the police and legal system looking like sausages.

can't beat academia mate. ;)

Also, the police incited and provoked the students by charging at them with horses. This was caught on video. She could have been defending herself.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

I also noticed they delayed her TAG for her to take her sunshine holiday... :D :D :D :D :D :D

unreal

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Can I also point out that whilst students were involved in the riots, the majority weren't actually students, but there for the anarchy.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Corky how about the Courts of Human rights or the fact of compairing other crimes with this. Isnt there an appeal of the length of sentance to the actual crime ? This is just political :cry:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Same as most riots really unless it's a football one people usauly get away with it. Police as we've seen in the news recently also getting away with things!! :evil:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Dafydd wrote:Can I also point out that whilst students were involved in the riots, the majority weren't actually students, but there for the anarchy.

spot on.

i know a few who had stuff stolen.

gangs took advantage of the situation and were pickpocketing people, assaulting people and so on.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

But a number of them did get jail time or am I wrong?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Pink Floyd guitarist's son faces jail after admitting violent disorder during student fees protest and I'm pretty sure another high case some kid got 32 months.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Pink Floyd guitarist's son faces jail after admitting violent disorder during student fees protest and I'm pretty sure another high case some kid got 32 months.

yes. 1 kid through a fire extinguisher off a building and is rightfully in prison for being an idiot and a danger to society. he could have easily killed someone.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 pm

The thing with football violence is that it's now entered it's fifth decade and it still can't be eradicated.

Football fans are lunatics

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:The thing with football violence is that it's now entered it's fifth decade and it still can't be eradicated.

thinly veiled 'I've just joined the MET' post IMO.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:The thing with football violence is that it's now entered it's fifth decade and it still can't be eradicated.

thinly veiled 'I've just joined the MET' post IMO.

Thinly veiled :lol:

Ya transparent nob :lol: