Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

if it wasn't for the damned rugby...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

If rugby was non-existent in south Wales then...

Cardiff City would be like Liverpool (probably playing on the site of the Millennium Stadium)
Swansea City would like Villa
Newport would be like Derby
Merthyr would be like Watford
Aberdare would be like Torquay
Carmarthen would be like Rochdale

anyone got a time machine so we can go back and promote football?

Re: if it wasn't for the damned rugby...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 pm

How? :?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Port Talbot would be Gotham City.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 pm

I f*cking hate this ''Wales is s rugby country'' bull shit that our media constantly portrays FFS! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do they realise the majority of Wales Hayes the fat wife beating egg chasing scum!!

Football in Wales would be so much more developed If the egg didn't exist :ayatollah:

FOOTBALL is a way of LIFE!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Swansea would still be like Beirut :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 pm

that ellis kid who picked up that ball and ran with it should have been sent off and kicked in the bollox!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 pm

recharding wrote:If rugby was non-existent in south Wales then...

Cardiff City would be like Liverpool (probably playing on the site of the Millennium Stadium)
Swansea City would like Villa
Newport would be like Derby
Merthyr would be like Watford
Aberdare would be like Torquay
Carmarthen would be like Rochdale

anyone got a time machine so we can go back and promote football?

If music be the food of love play on.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:03 am

Not sure how you make this out Apart from the internationals rugby is poorly supported and the number of registered football player against rugby players in Wales is something like a 7 to 1 ration in favour of football I love both the games so have no axe to grind but football is far bigger than rugby
If you add the crowds that the regions may get on a weekend even if they all played at home on ths same day City are likely to have a bigger crowd in total
Rugby is in decline in South Wales while both Swansea and Cardiff are on the up and if Newport and Wrexham get back in the league I can really see rugby declining even more

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:20 am

[quote="Milkybarkid"]Not sure how you make this out Apart from the internationals rugby is poorly supported and the number of registered football player against rugby players in Wales is something like a 7 to 1 ration in favour of football I love both the games so have no axe to grind but football is far bigger than rugby
If you add the crowds that the regions may get on a weekend even if they all played at home on ths same day City are likely to have a bigger crowd in total
Rugby is in decline in South Wales while both Swansea and Cardiff are on the up and if Newport and Wrexham get back in the league I can really see rugby declining even more[/quote]
:clap:

Football's on the rise in South Wales.When rugby became professional and regional it was a massive shot in the arm for the eggers.Now the novelty has worn off and we're in the PL and you're not far behind.Lets face it,we're useless at rugby and have been for the last 25/30 years so why people persist in following it is beyond me.We've still got a bit to do before we can challenge the egg but by fook we're knocking on the door.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 am

AHERNE wrote:that ellis kid who picked up that ball and ran with it should have been sent off and kicked in the bollox!

:lol: :lol: :lol: