Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SCOTT LOACH

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Some one on watford forum reckons he's signing for us for 1.3 mill. http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=38528

Re: SCOTT LOACH

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:52 pm

result :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:53 pm

He is ok i guess

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Hope soo.

Nothing wrong with Heaton though so not really bothered. :ayatollah:

Would rarther us sign a few good cm though.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:07 pm

I hope not, he is a terrible keeper!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Based on what the Watford fans say on their forum I wouldn't touch him, he sounds no better than Marshall or Heaton who I think are 2 decent keepers by this leagues standards. If they had both been fit for the run in last season may have been a lot different.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

i`d love schmichael back if we could get him.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:22 pm

WHATS WRONG WITH HEATON! there's no need to spend over a million on a keeper when the two we got are fine. in case some of you forgot our only gk problem came when they were not able to play. anyway there are othere areas like cm that need money spent on

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

ROB CCFC wrote:WHATS WRONG WITH HEATON! there's no need to spend over a million on a keeper when the two we got are fine. in case some of you forgot our only gk problem came when they were not able to play. anyway there are othere areas like cm that need money spent on

Totally agree. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 pm

ROB CCFC wrote:WHATS WRONG WITH HEATON! there's no need to spend over a million on a keeper when the two we got are fine. in case some of you forgot our only gk problem came when they were not able to play. anyway there are othere areas like cm that need money spent on

Our keepers are good shot stoppers but useless at coming off their line and commanding their area, many teams found us out over the dave jones era with this problem, none of dj keepers were good in the air!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

cityone wrote:

Our keepers are good shot stoppers but useless at coming off their line and commanding their area, many teams found us out over the dave jones era with this problem, none of dj keepers were good in the air!!!!!

heaton commanded his box every time he played last season. can see where your coming from with marshall

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Fans dont rate him that highly as alot of people see :|

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:36 pm

i cant remember heaton having too much trouble with crosses despite only being short for a keeper,the only criticism i can aim at him is his often slow distribution but that can surely be worked on in training,like mentioned above the only problem we had in the keeper department last season was injuries,i cant see loach as a vast imkprovement on what we already have

id much rather have kasper aswell if MM insists on a goalkeeper change

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:41 pm

englishbluebird wrote:i cant remember heaton having too much trouble with crosses despite only being short for a keeper,the only criticism i can aim at him is his often slow distribution but that can surely be worked on in training,like mentioned above the only problem we had in the keeper department last season was injuries,i cant see loach as a vast imkprovement on what we already have

id much rather have kasper aswell if MM insists on a goalkeeper change

That is the problem, from free kicks and corners other teams do intimidate us because of the size of our keepers, they often put big men either side of them, saying that i would keep heaton as a back up!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:44 pm

i see where your coming from but i thought heaton was absolutely fine plus he had keinan/huds and kev all good in the air in front of him plus the sloppy goals we conceded from set peices where mainly due to lapses in concentration fromm the defenders,im really struggling to remember a time heaton flapped at a cross

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:47 pm

like i said before. gk,s should be the least of our conserns. we,ve as yet to sign i cdm a creative mid a a in and out goal scorer and a target man. plus a LB. then we need cover for our st and at least an extra wide man. do we really need to add a gk to the list?

have faith in the ones we have :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 pm

cityone wrote:

Which begs the question of why you'd want Scott Loach.

I think the rumour on the wfc forum was started by someone who just wants rid of Loach! Having said that, if we were offered silly money I think the vast majority of us would drive him there ourselves.