Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Shirts in Sports Shops

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm

after reading the topic about seeing a swansea shirt in David Lloyd in Cardiff im interested on opinions if you saw swansea city shirts in sports shops across the country and more importantly sports shops in Cardiff along side Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool would this bother you or would you just not give them a second glance. For me personally i dont think it would bother me and sort of see it as inevitable as swansea are the first welsh team in the premiership (really wish it had been Cardiff, but life goes on) and if it would bother you does Man U and Liverpool shirts bother you in the same way.

Re: Football Shirts in Sports Shops

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Does no bother me at all and really can't think why I would annoy any sane individual

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 pm

i would spit on it if i was sober or piss on it if drunk haha

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:31 pm

For years it has pissed me off that you can only buy a City shirt in the club shop. The club shop in rubbish and not somewhere I visit much. Would be nice to see them on show around the city.

Also the amount of English stuff in sports direct pisses me off. There's bloody loads of it

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:02 pm

I work for sportsdirect, your not going to see swansea shirts in stores this season, at least untill feb/march. The club shop have exclusivity to it, and other retailers have to purchase through them, adidas did want it opened up to other retailers since they reached the promised land but the jacks were having none of it, if the season goes tits up and there are too many shirts made you could see adidas buying back and then opening it up to the market.

Puma on the otherhand have it writen in the city contract that if they go up, they get the retail for the shirt, so it will go out nationwide to whoever wants it,