Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have heard we could have up to FIVE

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes 5 new players by this time next week...mostly the names already rumoured on the message board...so not really news or an update but a positive conversation I had this morning...seems very upbeat and confident down the club.

I am confident that we mean business but we will all be wiser in a months time of the real intent of the owners and the club...but its seems good to me from what I am hearing.

Re: Have heard we could have up to FIVE

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Who were them 2 players then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:53 pm

corky wrote:Yes 5 new players by this time next week...mostly the names already rumoured on the message board...so not really news or an update but a positive conversation I had this morning...seems very upbeat and confident down the club.

I am confident that we mean business but we will all be wiser in a months time of the real intent of the owners and the club...but its seems good to me from what I am hearing.

Corky, its very busy down there lately :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:Who were them 2 players then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i would say ernie and taylor :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Cant wait for the new season. I hated the negativety last season and also big ego players. Lets get some good players in that will play with pride and passion for the shirt. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks Corky please let Earnie be one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 pm

So Earnie , Taylor , Reo - Coker , Goodwillie and 1 other ?? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Goalkeeper maybe? Someone said that Heaton was struggling with confidence? Also I am not sure about Marshall to be honest...been ouit a while now...but he is Scottish so he may be ok :D

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:So Earnie , Taylor , Reo - Coker , Goodwillie and 1 other ?? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Bellamy, I hope its not Goodwillie.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:52 pm

corky wrote:Yes 5 new players by this time next week...mostly the names already rumoured on the message board...so not really news or an update but a positive conversation I had this morning...seems very upbeat and confident down the club.

Corky, is that 5 including Conway or 5 new ones? Great news either way though! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Great news,sooner we get the players in the better.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:Who were them 2 players then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Heared Goodwillie and Earnshaw

Bellamy and Taylor to be anounced next week

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:So Earnie , Taylor , Reo - Coker , Goodwillie and 1 other ?? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

fabregas :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Routledge :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Its just a good mate talking lads but he gets to hear more than most but generally there is a sense of possitive activity around the club..you can feel it

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 pm

allright lads hope we get a few midfielders were desperate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:35 pm

corky wrote:Goalkeeper maybe? Someone said that Heaton was struggling with confidence? Also I am not sure about Marshall to be honest...been ouit a while now...but he is Scottish so he may be ok :D

I think Tom Heaton is fine, dont think confidence is the issue, its more to do with the injury he had, when he had his groin injury he looked in alot of pain, and I guess its more of a in pulling a similar injury again that affected his confidence than anything.

I believe Marshall will come good this season, especially with M.M. pushing him to perform. Only issue I have is the goalkeeping coach, but I believe we have two very good goalkeepers, which we missed towards the end of the season.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:35 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

I hope its Bellamy AND Goodwillie....... may I ask, why do you hope its not Goodwillie???

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:45 pm

corky did you hear if 1 of them was goodwillie i think he would be a fantastic signing

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Taylor and Goodwillie the two down there today.

The other three targets, Earnie, Bellamy and Frimpong.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:11 pm

That would be good news to get 5 players in and I hope we get a midfield general to put some bite in there - we haven't had a Paul Ramsey type player for years :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:36 pm

what 5? i doubt reo coker is one. and our gk is fine. so that leaves goodwillie earnshaw taylor and 2 others ?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:44 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

I hope its Bellamy AND Goodwillie....... may I ask, why do you hope its not Goodwillie???

What if he is guilty of rape after we fork out £2million for him & he gets banged up, beside the other cases he has pending for assault. Id be surprised actually if the Malaysians take him on as he aint the image the club wants to portrait.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

What if he is guilty of rape after we fork out £2million for him & he gets banged up, beside the other cases he has pending for assault. Id be surprised actually if the Malaysians take him on as he aint the image the club wants to portrait.[/quote]

if this was just a normal guy in the street everyone would say innocent intil proven guilty. leave the guy alone. no one knows the full story to any of the assult charges its probs just the media making a thing of it becauce he a footballer. if he was as bad as people are saying mm would not try and sign him

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:47 pm

ROB CCFC wrote:What if he is guilty of rape after we fork out £2million for him & he gets banged up, beside the other cases he has pending for assault. Id be surprised actually if the Malaysians take him on as he aint the image the club wants to portrait.

if this was just a normal guy in the street everyone would say innocent intil proven guilty. leave the guy alone. no one knows the full story to any of the assult charges its probs just the media making a thing of it becauce he a footballer. if he was as bad as people are saying mm would not try and sign him[/quote]

Of course he is innocent until proved guilty, But I think people are rightly worried about what happens IF he is found guilty.
We can't afford to chuck a couple of million away

And its not the media who bring charges against hin it's the police!!!

It may be of course that he club have taken advice from legal advisors whi have told them it is likely that the cases will come to nothing. But I can'r se how anyone can be100% sure.

Oh and if a normal guy in the street went for a new job he would have to inform his new employers that there were prosecutions pending. Because if he didn't and they found out subsequently he would get fired, even if he were found innocent, for not being honest with them.

I sincerely hope th lad is found not guulty he would be an excellent acquistion from all reports

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm

corky wrote:Goalkeeper maybe? Someone said that Heaton was struggling with confidence? Also I am not sure about Marshall to be honest...been ouit a while now...but he is Scottish so he may be ok :D

I'd bet that keeper is Lonergan.

Coventry after him as he's on a free.

There was talk of us after him before, and perhaps Marshall back to Scotland.