Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HUDSON READY FOR NEW CITY ERA "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am

Mark Hudson spoke exclusively to Cardiff City Player today - a week before the Cardiff City squad returns for pre-season training.

Huds was at Cardiff City Stadium to do some modelling of the new home kit, but took time out to chat to us about his new gaffer, pre-season and the upcoming campaign.

"I've enjoyed a nice break away with the family but I'm feeling ready to get back into the swing of things again now," said Huds. "It's strange because once the season's over you're glad of the rest, but after a little while, you start to get eager to get back out there and go again. We're back in just over a week's time and looking forward to getting started under the new manager."

Speaking of Malky Mackay, Huds was enthusiastic about starting work under a man who invigorated a young Watford side last season.

"I think if you look at some of Watford's performances throughout the last campaign, not just in their games against us, you would have seen that they were one of the better attacking sides in the division," he continued.

"They faded towards the end admittedly, but that was probably due to the amount of youngsters they were relying on. Malky Mackay did a fantastic job there and I think it's very exciting that we now have him in charge at Cardiff City."

As to the possibility of seeing a new brand of Bluebirds football, the defender was optimistic, adding: "Every manager has their own style of play, and I'm sure there'll be some changes to the way we play under Malky compared to what we were used to under Dave Jones.

"Ultimately we have to take these things on board and perform on the pitch. Dave Jones was in charge for a long time here but this is the start of a new era under Malky Mackay."

And Huds also touched on the addition of City's latest signing Craig Conway joining the City ranks, after the midfielder put pen to paper on Thursday, saying: "We're obviously going to need an influx of players for the new campaign, but as we saw with the signing of Craig Conway, that's already starting to happen.

"It'll be good to get everyone back together with new lads involved in time for the beginning of pre-season."

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " HUDSON READY FOR NEW CITY ERA "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

glammy74 wrote:Huds was at Cardiff City Stadium to do some modelling of the new home kit, but took time out to chat to us about his new gaffer, pre-season and the upcoming campaign.

I thought only the WAG's did this? :shock: :shock:

Re: " HUDSON READY FOR NEW CITY ERA "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Buzzing